Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@TDurden The 40R looks good enough to pass without tailoring in the front pic. You say it's tight on the shoulders? Do the lapels lie flat on your chest or do they rise a bit?

Comment

Thanks, Acoustic. They are pretty flat. I think I am right on the cusp of them rising a bit. Does this signify a too tight shoulder area?

Does anyone know if letting the waist out a little is possible in the BR Tailored fit?

Comment

It's a bit hard to tell in the photos. The 42R looks pretty good from the front actually, but the side view makes the shoulder look too big. A tailor would probably have to answer your question about letting it out. It all depends on if there is excess material along the seams under the lining.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

40R with tailoring for the win. My only hesitation is that your arms look too big for the sleeves. Not really a real problem (do I look too buff?), but it looks constricting. The shoulders on the 40R are money while the 42R is running over too far.

Comment

I'd say go for the 40R and let it out a bit. Looks good!

Comment

TD - If the lapels are arching out majorly it just means the chest area is a stretched out from either shoulders, back or chest. The 40R doesn't look like it has that problem from your pictures tho. To echo NC, just make sure its not too constricting. As for the waist thing, you can always just buy it and see if a trusted tailor can let out the waist and return if not. It really does give off a nice muscular V shape tho!

Comment

Alright kids, I've returned! I've posted various pictures in this thread and in a separate one of suits that I have or have tried on. Here's a partial history of it: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/how-can-i-get-this-suit-shape

Here is a Kent Wang MTM charcoal 34R suit. Now the beauty of it is that I have the option to specify adjustments to the suit, e.g. take in 1/2" in the waist coat, hem pants to 28", raise armholes up 1/2", and can send it back to him and have it re-made. Quite frankly, however, I don't really know what I'm doing (read: how it should ideally fit). So I can just keep it and have it tailored locally, but I pay for those alterations. One benefit of having him remake it is that the fabric can be changed from from charcoal to navy which is my preference.

I should note that the suit was rolled in the packaging, so what might appear as the waist pulling on the front shots, I believe they are just wrinkles from being packaged.

Comment

A little tough to tell due to the wrinkles, but it looks pretty damn good man. Based on the picture of your right side, the shoulders may be a tiny bit big, but you also have the jacket on a little off kilter so they might be perfect. Your shoulders also appear to slope that direction. Chest and waist look goodm(if that is wrinkling around the button, not pulling). Sleeves could be shorter. Pants need work. A major hem, maybe some tapering.

Overall, the best you've found by far.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just bought this today: http://www.dillards.com/product/Murano-Plaid-Linen-Blazer_301_-1_301_503116774?df=03677466_zi_grey

I feel like it looks better on me than the model, but I'd like some thoughts.

Other pics:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1020112yv.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/p1020114o.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/p1020123j.jpg/

Armholes are high but sleeves are a tad long, functional cuffs too. The lining is about an inch back though from the end of the sleeve so maybe if I really want it tailored the tailor can take it from there. There is some shoulder padding and the sleeves are lined.

Comment

@runners -- I agree with greg, that suit looks like a great fit, assuming wrinkle / not pull with the chest/button.

@Los -- I think the blazer looks pretty good. Definitely has some padding, but I think the shoulders are a good size and it drapes well on you.

Comment

Thanks. Debating on whether to try and get some of the padding removed on the shoulders since it's kind of exposed (and just covered by a flap of fabric). Wasn't expecting the padding to be as much of a presence as it was, but for $50 I'm pretty happy with my first blazer purchase. Is getting the padding removed a good/bad idea or even something that tailors do?

Comment

@LosRockets, I like that a lot. Would you mind taking a slightly closer picture so I can see the pattern. I'm also wanting to buy my first blazer, and $50 is very attractive.

Comment

@ runners - I remember ur previous suit photos and I really like this fit

@ Los - nice purchase. I think it looks great and I love the color

I went to try on that BR Italian suit that Joe wrote about.

- jacket: 38R

- trousers: 32/32

Overall I find the suit very comfortable. They didn't have a 38S in store to try on. Is the 38R length good or would a 38S better?

Comment

runners n jeans, I like it. The trousers seem a little long, but the jacket looks great on you!

edit:

itsm3json, that's absolutely workable with some tailoring. I wouldn't go with a short -- that looks like the right length for you.

Comment

is a slight pull on the chest (forming the 'x') really a bad thing?

or is it just a preference, snug fit vs traditional?

Comment

Working...
                                X