Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fit check...







    Comment


    • Too short in the torso and too tight in the waist... stance seems high for my taste as well.

      A jacket that fits should not pull like that at the back.
      Ben

      Comment


      • For your thoughts. I usually wear slim pants but I seem to love the way I feel in chinolinos and I like the yellow ones too. Am I wrong? Also, these will never be anything but casual pants. Should I roll them up or get them hemmed? Thanks.

        Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mlstein View Post
          For your thoughts. I usually wear slim pants but I seem to love the way I feel in chinolinos and I like the yellow ones too. Am I wrong? Also, these will never be anything but casual pants. Should I roll them up or get them hemmed? Thanks.

          Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
          Roll them depending on the weather? Hot day and need a bit more breeze, just add a roll.

          Comment


          • Got the remade jacket from Black Lapel and the pants tailored.
            Any thoughts?
            I'm thinking maybe take the bottom of the jacket in to get less of skirting effect compared to the slim pant.

            Shoes are getting polished still

            Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gsonsta View Post
              Howdy, just picked up my first navy Ludlow (Loro piana) and wanted some external input on the fit. Thank you!

              https://imgur.com/YHCi9e8
              https://imgur.com/b0itvto
              https://imgur.com/lYxEoZd
              Except for the length of the pants, it's a great fit overall.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
                Hi everyone, just thrifted this sport coat and would like some feedback on the fit. It's a bit longer than modern but is it too long? https://imgur.com/DkaOML8
                Length of the jacket is in proportion to your height. I say it's a good fit.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gsonsta View Post
                  Howdy, just picked up my first navy Ludlow (Loro piana) and wanted some external input on the fit. Thank you!

                  https://imgur.com/YHCi9e8
                  https://imgur.com/b0itvto
                  https://imgur.com/lYxEoZd
                  Hey man, that suit jacket looks great on you. It helps that for your posture, the shoulders on that Ludlow fit you perfect. I also think you need to take in the pants, and if you must do something to the jacket, I think taking the sleeves just a tad in would make it look even better, that's just my opinion and how I like my suit jackets to look, but that's a matter of taste I think. It looks good the way it is.

                  Comment


                  • I bought this unstructured J Crew coat off eBay. I'm in between sizes in most places, either a 38 or 40 short. I have T Rex arms so it's always long. Even 32/33 lengths are a cuff long. Anyways, I like the feel of it and it will need some tailoring, just trying to see how much

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
                      Hi everyone, just thrifted this sport coat and would like some feedback on the fit. It's a bit longer than modern but is it too long? https://imgur.com/DkaOML8
                      Nope, I think that looks spot on. I do understand why you might think that (finger curl test might indicate it being a half inch or so long) but it looks nicely proportional on your body and falls at the right place in the back. Might be more traditional, but it's a good traditional.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dun View Post
                        Got the remade jacket from Black Lapel and the pants tailored.
                        Any thoughts?
                        I'm thinking maybe take the bottom of the jacket in to get less of skirting effect compared to the slim pant.

                        Shoes are getting polished still

                        Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                        Could you take a pic with better lighting, arms relaxed to the side? Can’t get a good read on the fit from your pic.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                          Nope, I think that looks spot on. I do understand why you might think that (finger curl test might indicate it being a half inch or so long) but it looks nicely proportional on your body and falls at the right place in the back. Might be more traditional, but it's a good traditional.
                          Thank you, the jacket is definitely a keeper!

                          Comment


                          • Found a blue Caruso suit...I am getting sworn-in at a ceremony next month.
                            There will be many networking connections and contacts at this event and looking to be in "top notch" form.




                            Fabrics feel lovely.

                            I'm on the fence because its $400 at Marshall's. Nothing to sneeze at and there may be potential quality issues.

                            Wanted to get you all's insight on the fit and it's "worthwhile-ness" given its from Marshalls?

                            Hoping it goes on sale soon.

                            Thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by Heafcliffe; August 8, 2018, 11:35 AM.

                            Comment


                            • I’ve been wanting a casual unlined and unstructured jacket for a while and have always struggled with finding the right one to get my feet wet with. I want to keep this experiment under $75 including any tailoring costs, which I think restricts me to widely available brands. That’s okay in theory but the trouble is finding one to work with my body shape. I am 5’3” with a short torso so any jacket that would typically look short on taller guys would be suitable for me. Three brands that I’ve tried to date are J.Crew Factory, GAP, and Uniqlo. What typically happens when I try an off-the-rack jacket on is that the shoulders and chest fit, the sleeves are too long (can be fixed), but there is always pulling at the front when buttoned up. Sizing up leads to shoulders being too big and it’s game over.

                              The closest to be an acceptable fit seems to be Uniqlo. I’ve been aware of comfort jackets for a few years now but was never fond of the material. After giving them a second and third chance, I think I might be able to live with the grey one they offer over the navy that I originally looked at. After trying on both a size XS and a S, I think I am between sizes but I am unsure if I am being too picky considering the cost restrictions I am putting on myself.

                              I’ve taken some (poor) photos of me in a size S. I think the shoulders look too big but I am wondering if anybody can confirm that. I would never wear this jacket with a t-shirt as shown in the photos so I am thinking that a collared long sleeve shirt underneath would help fill it out a bit more. Maybe not. I would certainly shorten the sleeves but not sure about anything else. The front mid-section looks a big baggy and there appears to be a collar gap but maybe this would be not so bad for something casual. Opinions? Should I pass and keep looking?

                              Comment








                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X