• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thrifted this Harris tweed. Any thoughts? https://imgur.com/hxCz1dB

Comment

Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
      Looks pretty good other than the arms look like they could have some extra fabric near the bicep. Tweed being a heavier fabric helps with the drape.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Looks pretty good other than the arms look like they could have some extra fabric near the bicep. Tweed being a heavier fabric helps with the drape.
        Thanks for the input, I was concerned about the length as it is about 0.5''-1'' shorter than most of my jackets but I figured since it's a sport coat I can be a bit more flexible on length. I'll take a look at the (potentially) extra fabric tonight and see if I should get it tailored.

Comment

From that photo the fit looks pretty spot on to my eyes. Awesome thrift find. I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
            From that photo the fit looks pretty spot on to my eyes. Awesome thrift find. I'm jealous.
            Thank you, I usually don't have as good luck when thrifting at home (Montreal) but I was just in San Diego and managed to find very nice sport coats (1 with tags) and a cashmere sweater for $50 US

Comment

Trying to figure out if I'm a 34 or a 36s in BR. Feedback appreciated as always.

36:

34:

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                Trying to figure out if I'm a 34 or a 36s in BR. Feedback appreciated as always.

36:

34:

Collar looks better to me on the 34

Comment

Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
                  It's short, appears to not cover the butt. Would have to see a side shot about the sleeves but it probably just needs a press. Looks very good otherwise and I know you younger guys want short jackets so go to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                    Collar looks better to me on the 34
                    Yeah, that collar gap makes me suspect the whole shoulder/collar area might be a little too big. Seems like the lapels are bowing out slightly as well...

Comment

I personally prefer the 36, but both are acceptable to me, although the 34 would probably be too short for a more traditional (read: non-trendy) look. The 34 is also clearly tighter in the waist, although some guys are looking for this type of slimness.

I would choose the one that feels most comfortable and has the best fitting shoulders. The shoulders look very good in both examples with a pretty clean sleevehead, although the tan background makes it difficult to see if the 34 is exhibiting some dimpling.

Comment

Is this the right size/cut for me?
                        J Crew Crosby Fit size 40S

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Weezy View Post
                          Is this the right size/cut for me?
                          J Crew Crosby Fit size 40S
                          It looks pretty good for off the rack, looks a little short though...but that’s personal preference I guess.

JCrew unconstructed blazer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Thanks to this site, I have purchased more button downs, but I still like a casual shirt with a regular collar.

Question – what do you guys think about the collar sticking out of a V-neck or Henley sweater like this? I remember the V-neck thing being a thing in high school but it has been a long time.

Comment

I have been buying SS Napoli’s but in my line of work i beat up my suits very quickly and my wife put a stop to SS pricing. So,, i found this Thompson Flex Wool. How does it fit? I think the shoulders are too big but the 42R was just too small. I know it needs sleeves taken in and the body taken in but what do we think about the shoulders? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                                Thanks to this site, I have purchased more button downs, but I still like a casual shirt with a regular collar.

Question – what do you guys think about the collar sticking out of a V-neck or Henley sweater like this? I remember the V-neck thing being a thing in high school but it has been a long time.
                                For me a henley is like a long sleeve t-shirt with buttons. I've actually never seen anyone where it like this, to be honest. I personally also don't like my collar points flaring out, hense the reason that button down collars are often suggested for shirts not worn with a tie. I don't mind a spread collar shirt worn without a tie if the collar points stay hidden under a sweater's neck or a jacket's lapels. Again, this is just one guy's opinion and you should go with what you prefer.

Comment

Working...
                                X