• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thrifted this Harris tweed. Any thoughts? https://imgur.com/hxCz1dB

Comment

• Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
      Just thrifted this Harris tweed. Any thoughts? https://imgur.com/hxCz1dB
      Looks pretty good other than the arms look like they could have some extra fabric near the bicep. Tweed being a heavier fabric helps with the drape.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Looks pretty good other than the arms look like they could have some extra fabric near the bicep. Tweed being a heavier fabric helps with the drape.
        Thanks for the input, I was concerned about the length as it is about 0.5''-1'' shorter than most of my jackets but I figured since it's a sport coat I can be a bit more flexible on length. I'll take a look at the (potentially) extra fabric tonight and see if I should get it tailored.

Comment

• From that photo the fit looks pretty spot on to my eyes. Awesome thrift find. I'm jealous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spex View Post
            From that photo the fit looks pretty spot on to my eyes. Awesome thrift find. I'm jealous.
            Thank you, I usually don't have as good luck when thrifting at home (Montreal) but I was just in San Diego and managed to find very nice sport coats (1 with tags) and a cashmere sweater for $50 US

Comment

• Trying to figure out if I'm a 34 or a 36s in BR. Feedback appreciated as always.

36:

34:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                Trying to figure out if I'm a 34 or a 36s in BR. Feedback appreciated as always.

36:

34:

Collar looks better to me on the 34

Comment

• Originally posted by lfd75 View Post
                  Just thrifted this Harris tweed. Any thoughts? https://imgur.com/hxCz1dB
                  It's short, appears to not cover the butt. Would have to see a side shot about the sleeves but it probably just needs a press. Looks very good otherwise and I know you younger guys want short jackets so go to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ianr View Post
                    Collar looks better to me on the 34
                    Yeah, that collar gap makes me suspect the whole shoulder/collar area might be a little too big. Seems like the lapels are bowing out slightly as well...

Comment

• I personally prefer the 36, but both are acceptable to me, although the 34 would probably be too short for a more traditional (read: non-trendy) look. The 34 is also clearly tighter in the waist, although some guys are looking for this type of slimness.

I would choose the one that feels most comfortable and has the best fitting shoulders. The shoulders look very good in both examples with a pretty clean sleevehead, although the tan background makes it difficult to see if the 34 is exhibiting some dimpling.

Comment

• Is this the right size/cut for me?
                        J Crew Crosby Fit size 40S

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Weezy View Post
                          Is this the right size/cut for me?
                          J Crew Crosby Fit size 40S
                          It looks pretty good for off the rack, looks a little short though...but that’s personal preference I guess.

JCrew unconstructed blazer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Thanks to this site, I have purchased more button downs, but I still like a casual shirt with a regular collar.

Question – what do you guys think about the collar sticking out of a V-neck or Henley sweater like this? I remember the V-neck thing being a thing in high school but it has been a long time.

Comment

• I have been buying SS Napoli’s but in my line of work i beat up my suits very quickly and my wife put a stop to SS pricing. So,, i found this Thompson Flex Wool. How does it fit? I think the shoulders are too big but the 42R was just too small. I know it needs sleeves taken in and the body taken in but what do we think about the shoulders? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                                Thanks to this site, I have purchased more button downs, but I still like a casual shirt with a regular collar.

Question – what do you guys think about the collar sticking out of a V-neck or Henley sweater like this? I remember the V-neck thing being a thing in high school but it has been a long time.
                                For me a henley is like a long sleeve t-shirt with buttons. I've actually never seen anyone where it like this, to be honest. I personally also don't like my collar points flaring out, hense the reason that button down collars are often suggested for shirts not worn with a tie. I don't mind a spread collar shirt worn without a tie if the collar points stay hidden under a sweater's neck or a jacket's lapels. Again, this is just one guy's opinion and you should go with what you prefer.

Comment

Working...
                                X