Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=16882]Mad Martigan[/MENTION] It's hard to tell due to the lighting in the photos, but it appears the button stance is too high and/or the jackets are a bit short. I cannot tell if your pants are sitting at their natural waste, so it's tough to be sure. Does the top button fall just above your belly button? From the pictures it looks like even the bottom button is above it... The shoulders appear to be okay, and as mentioned earlier, the sleeves need to come up.

Comment

• Thanks, I will work on the lighting and pay attention to other details when I retry the pics.
      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

• From what I can tell the shoulders look to be ok. The sleeves though do appear to be too long for my eye. Looks like my comments are in the same ballpark as everyone else's. Looking forward to the updated pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
          Thanks, I will work on the lighting and pay attention to other details when I retry the pics.
          If possible, have someone else take them for you.

Comment

• FIRST POST

Updated pictures. This suit is from Empire International Tailors in HK. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was done in the afternoon. Picked up the suit three days later. At the time, did not know what to look for in a good fitting suit.

Had the suit and shirt pressed, so any wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:

Comment

• Trouser while seated pic:

Comment

• Suit pics:

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.

Comment

• SECOND POST

Updated pictures. This suit is from Simpson Sin Tailor in HK. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was done in the afternoon. Picked up the suit three days later. At the time, did not know what to look for in a good fitting suit.

Had the suit and shirt pressed, so any wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:

Comment

• Trouser while seated pic:

Comment

• Suit pics:

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.

Comment

• Entire combination is very impressive, there are just couple of things if we talk about jacket, extra cloth bulge can be seen just under the collar on the back of jacket and secondly it looks there is armhole issue with shirt, it seem to be little tight.
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Does this suit look too tight around the waist? The two photos were taken only a week apart, so I have a tough time believing I put on that much weight. Also, I know the arms are a bit too long.

https://imgur.com/a/nwYPT

Comment

• [MENTION=17119]animeking[/MENTION] - The first shirt fits better than the 2nd. Less fabric around the waist. Jacket 1 has a lot of issues but I don't know how to recommend corrections. The pants on suit 1 could have the seat let out to drape better. The 2nd suit fits a lot better and could have the chest let out ever so slightly. The pants on suit 2 fit pretty well. Styleforum has an ask a tailor thread where they could help you a lot better than we will here.
                            [MENTION=3858]elduderino260[/MENTION] - The jacket doesn't look tight, it actually looks loose. A tailor could fix the body of the suit issue as well as the sleeve issue but I think they would have to take the sleeve off to fix that. That is likely $100 at a competent tailor for the sleeves alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              [MENTION=3858]elduderino260[/MENTION] - The jacket doesn't look tight, it actually looks loose. A tailor could fix the body of the suit issue as well as the sleeve issue but I think they would have to take the sleeve off to fix that. That is likely $100 at a competent tailor for the sleeves alone.
                              Huh, I would have imagined the X in the front marked that it was too tight. I'm a bit confused. If it's too loose, shouldn't I just need more taper/waist suppression? But if that's the case, then why do I have an X when it's buttoned?
                              Last edited by elduderino260; October 27, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Trying out Charles Tyrwhit extra slim fit for the first time and was hoping for feedback on two points:
                                1. The high second button makes the collar look kind of odd to me. Is this noticeable or am I over-thinking it?
                                2. Are the sleeves a little too short?

Pictures below - sorry for the poor quality. Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/41gByJ2.jpg
                                https://i.imgur.com/dFbZGpU.jpg
                                https://i.imgur.com/gEHn6uS.jpg
                                https://i.imgur.com/2IXCHcG.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X