This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    I got a deal and pulled the trigger on that JCF moleskin jacket and I really like it. I was a little worried about the sleeves being too short, but I think I'm OK. Any opinions?

Oops -fixing photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regarding the sleeves, I'm not sure they are actually too short, the shirt cuffs looks tad long and wide allowing them to come further down your wrist. Might be worth trying another shirt with the jacket to see the fit before making a final decision. Overall looks good

Comment

Originally posted by erock View Post
      Regarding the sleeves, I'm not sure they are actually too short, the shirt cuffs looks tad long and wide allowing them to come further down your wrist. Might be worth trying another shirt with the jacket to see the fit before making a final decision. Overall looks good
      Agreed. JCrew oxfords do this to me from time to time- easy fix is to sew a second button to the cuff, or reposition the original button, so it fits tighter to the wrist.

Comment

Good eye. That's a JCrew chambray shirt and the sleeves do extend a bit.

Comment

m.imgur.com/a/xwouE

Not sure how a bomber jacket should fit. It feels slightly tight at the waist when zipped. My major issue with it is how widely open it looks when unzipped.

??

Comment

Got a new Thompson Voyager here after the last sale... seems to fit pretty well to me. I decided to roll with the "classic" pant instead of the "slim" after having to have my SS Napoli pant seat let out. I have a big ass ya'll. May decide later to have them somewhat tappered through the leg.

I haven't cut the vents yet. What do you guys think?

https://goo.gl/photos/fPYR3rmYZuTdpzKp9

Comment

doomx, I see what you're saying, but I think it fits fine for outerwear. Looks fine unzipped to me. Is it uncomfortably tight or just a little snug around your waist?

Comment

I feel comfortable wearing it. It's a little snug in the waist but obviously the elastic deals with it fine.

Comment

Bump, figuring out how to embed the photos directly...

Comment

Sanity Check

This is my first go at shorts with an inseam above the knee and just want to make sure this length isn't weird or trendy short. It's the JCF 9" Gramercy size 32 FWIW.

Comment

The length is fine (longer than I would prefer actually) but the legs do seem a bit wide at the bottom hem.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        The length is fine (longer than I would prefer actually) but the legs do seem a bit wide at the bottom hem.
                        Squats, lots and lots of squats!

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Squats, lots and lots of squats!
                          This could be a crease I've yet to wash out of them. That being said, my legs run a bit beefy so if that space remains I'm happy to have it. More room for air circulation.

Comment

I personally think shorts should be above the knee, and is not "trendy". Below the knee is just uncouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
                              I personally think shorts should be above the knee, and is not "trendy". Below the knee is just uncouth.
                              Yeah I feel like just hitting the top of the knee or a few inches above that is a pretty standard/traditional length. If you start getting up towards mid-thigh I would consider that trendy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spex View Post
                                Shorts below the knee are called women's capri pants.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X