This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate the quick feedback. I can definitely post pics later today with the shirt tucked in.

I too wonder about the chest being a little snug. The only other option is the Spier and Mackay OCBD's that I found, which would get me about an extra 2" in the chest and 1" at the waste. I'm a bit concerned 2 inches will be too much, but maybe I'm over-analyzing. Thoughts?

Thanks again!
    You can add darts to S&M shirts at a tailor or work with S&M and they can do it for you. You can just ask and they can help. I think it is $10 per shirt. This may help a little in the chest, it may not. My first S&M purchase was a contemporary fit shirt then a slim fit shirt. Both are great and have a nice taper. The cloth is great compared to other shirts I have.

Also S&M offers OCBD's in a casual fit and in their dress shirts. There are minor differences like the casual fit are shorter and have a loop of fabric on the back...I forget what it is called.

Comment

How does this jacket fit? I always have trouble judging my own fits. I know the sleeves are long.

Link if image doesn't load: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7j...A4NjJOLWc/view

Comment

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Overall I think it's alright. The sleeves are the most noticeable things for me. I actually think they are about where they should be but your shirt's sleeves look too long. Looks like a solid inch is sticking out under the jacket when your arm is resting at your side.

Also looks a little tight at the button, but that could be from how you're are standing. Doesn't seem too bad though.
        Last edited by Rawfull; December 27, 2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
          Overall I think it's alright. The sleeves are the most noticeable things for me are the sleeves. I actually think they are about where they should be but your shirt's sleeves look too long. Looks like a solid inch is sticking out under the jacket when your arm is resting at your side.

Also looks a little tight at the button, but that could be from how you're are standing. Doesn't seem too bad though.

I'm mostly concerned about the shoulders - do they look alright?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vai View Post
            I'm mostly concerned about the shoulders - do they look alright?

Thanks
            The jacket pulls at the button and bows in the lapel thus not allowing the jacket to lay properly. It is usually suggested to size up in those instances but it looks like the jacket may already extend past your shoulders thus sizing up could be a problem. I think a jacket with less should padding would be helpful. A skilled tailor could remove the padding but some choose not to. Also note you get the little bump so your shoulder line is not smooth but bumpy. This implies that the jacket could be too large.

I would almost say to choose another brand next time to see if the jacket fits better. Also as noted above on the sleeves, the jacket sleeve looks too short with the shirt slightly too long. I would adjusted the jacket sleeve and not the shirt sleeve because my shirts vary in length so tailoring all of those would be more costly than just the jacket.

Comment

I think they are a touch big but not noticeably big. Have you tried the wall test?

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                Long time reader, first time poster. This place is a wealth of information, so thanks to everyone on here!

Like many folks, I've struggled to find well fitting OTR dress shirts and OCBD's. Recently I ordered from Charles Tyrwhitt and would like the opinion of the masses on how it fits. Attached are pictures - what are your thoughts? Sorry or the wrinkles - I haven't yet ironed it. Thanks ahead of time!

It looks alright although there seems to be a slight bit of pull at some of the buttons maybe a slight tightness there. Does it feel good? It seems like you're wearing an undershirt. Have you tried it without? That might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Volador View Post
                  It looks alright although there seems to be a slight bit of pull at some of the buttons maybe a slight tightness there. Does it feel good? It seems like you're wearing an undershirt. Have you tried it without? That might help.
                  Thanks for your thoughts. I tend to agree that there's a bit of a pull at the buttons. The shirt "feels" fine unless I am lounging around (lying on the couch and watching TV), at which point it feels too tight. I ended up returning them and ordering two OCBDs from Spier and Mackay. I think the extra 2" in the chest and 1" at the waste will be perfect. I look forward to their arrival.

Comment

Hi all, was wondering what you thought of this quilted jacket? I think the fit is good, but it's from Land's End and it's my first quilted jacket. I do dig the collar, but was wondering about the pocket. Opinions? I can still return this:

Comment

[MENTION=11216]Binarythird[/MENTION], I like that jacket a lot.

Comment

^ I agree. Very nice!

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Comment

I received my first Spier & Mackay sport coat but it's going back for an exchange. I requested an exchange for the contemporary fit but would just would like everyone's opinion to confirm my suspicions. This is the slim fit in 36S.

http://imgur.com/a/8buoR

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              I received my first Spier & Mackay sport coat but it's going back for an exchange. I requested an exchange for the contemporary fit but would just would like everyone's opinion to confirm my suspicions. This is the slim fit in 36S.

http://imgur.com/a/8buoR
                              Honestly think it looks good on you. Perhaps let it out a touch so it doesn't pull @ closure and shorten the sleeves. Simple alterations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumped on the JCF wool blend tweed elbow patch blazer Joe has kept recommending for over a year. Finally arrived last week.

Fits great in the sleeves and waist (probably won't need any tailoring at all), but sadly the shoulders stick out half an inch. Anyone else have a similar problem? What do you guys think?

Pardon the mirror / bathroom, I was at my folks' place for the holidays when I took the photos.

http://m.imgur.com/a/WNAuM

Comment

Working...
                                X