This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UHHHHHHH7 View Post

I concur with [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] that the fit is fine to get you through school for sure. You definitely want to be able to move your arms and whatnot, but you're also not going to be doing deadlifts in it either (or least, probably not. If that's your thing, though, go for it ).

I don't know many suits where you'll be able to raise your arms to shoulder height while keeping it buttoned, and not have some sort of tightness. That may be my ignorance, but it seems like if you can move reasonably well with it unbuttoned and shake hands comfortably with it buttoned, then you're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post

here are some better pics
      A little late to the party here, but might also be worth nipping the sides a touch in addition to shortening the sleeves. Wouldn't take much, but the fit from the front looks a little loose/shapeless as it is here. Both minor alterations that will make a huge difference overall.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hey everyone.

Just got some new trousers and a blue hopsack blazer from spier Mackay.

Not sure on the blazer fit. I feel like it might be too long...but it might just be in my head. It's a 3/2 roll collar.

Trousers are spot on. Just need to be hemmed. Sleeves definitely need to be done on blazer.

Part of my concern is that the sleeves will need to be altered into where the buttons are. (Non functional but made to appear like they are)

Thanks!

Comment

Couple more for fun...

Comment

What do you think of that top button? I like the sweater and fit overall, but that top button looks a bit weird unbuttoned cause of the open loop hanging off the shawl.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone actually remember to stuff your jacket pockets with all your phones and whatnot while you are at the tailor?

Comment

Originally posted by wirbelz View Post

What do you think of that top button? I like the sweater and fit overall, but that top button looks a bit weird unbuttoned cause of the open loop hanging off the shawl.

Second photo looks fine.

Comment

to me sweater is good. Its not giving wierd look
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

OCBD fit

Long time reader, first time poster. This place is a wealth of information, so thanks to everyone on here!

Like many folks, I've struggled to find well fitting OTR dress shirts and OCBD's. Recently I ordered from Charles Tyrwhitt and would like the opinion of the masses on how it fits. Attached are pictures - what are your thoughts? Sorry or the wrinkles - I haven't yet ironed it. Thanks ahead of time!

[IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                        Long time reader, first time poster. This place is a wealth of information, so thanks to everyone on here!

Like many folks, I've struggled to find well fitting OTR dress shirts and OCBD's. Recently I ordered from Charles Tyrwhitt and would like the opinion of the masses on how it fits. Attached are pictures - what are your thoughts? Sorry or the wrinkles - I haven't yet ironed it. Thanks ahead of time!
                        Seems like the chest area is a little tight but it looks like a good overall fit for OTR. If you are going to wear them tucked in, post some pictures of that as fit tucked in will look different.

Comment

Nice sweater! Where's it from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by udub86 View Post

Thanks. I picked it up and really like it so far. Fit is quite good and the green is a great shade.

It's from Simons, a Canadian store. But I believe they ship to US... www.simons.ca

Another shot of it post-purchase:

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              Seems like the chest area is a little tight but it looks like a good overall fit for OTR. If you are going to wear them tucked in, post some pictures of that as fit tucked in will look different.
                              Thank you, I appreciate the quick feedback. I can definitely post pics later today with the shirt tucked in.

I too wonder about the chest being a little snug. The only other option is the Spier and Mackay OCBD's that I found, which would get me about an extra 2" in the chest and 1" at the waste. I'm a bit concerned 2 inches will be too much, but maybe I'm over-analyzing. Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by udub86 View Post

+1. That thing is sweet, Moose! I may have to check out their offerings. Do they fit true to size? Thanks for the link.
                                Last edited by iviustang50h; December 16, 2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X