Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I seem to remember you yelling at me when I considered pleated pants...???

Comment

That's pretty awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        Isn't a pleated trouser without a cuff considered improper in sorts?
        Someone did say a pleat without a cuff won't look balanced.

Comment

I think usually the advice is to avoid pleats, but pleats go with cuffs. I tend to agree. I don't think the pants need to be thinner. It is a bit of a vintage look, but they are vintage pants. I like the look, just think a proper break is needed.

It is only the current trend for very tight pants that make these pants look baggy.

Comment

finally got that new old navy blazer, do you think its too big? It's already a size small, not sure its worth it to have tailored
            Last edited by HankScorpio; October 20, 2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post

finally got that new old navy blazer, do you think its too big? It's already a size small, not sure its worth it to have tailored
              I can't completely tell from the photos provided, but it looks okay other than the sleeves needing to be shortened, which is an easy tailoring job. Shoulder fit would be most critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Matt Dalton

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
                I can't completely tell from the photos provided, but it looks okay other than the sleeves needing to be shortened, which is an easy tailoring job. Shoulder fit would be most critical.

here are some better pics

Comment

I feel you need some alteration on the sleeves
                  Eat what is good for your health but
                  Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

yeah I definitely need to get them shortened, do the shoulders look okay though?

Comment

Shoulders are okay, a bit broad but okay I think you may wear without getting shoulders altered.
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

The fit across the shoulders overall is good. Maybe a bit broad as fiftyforfifty noted at the tips, but the drape could change a bit for the better once the sleeves are made the proper length and the jacket starts to conform to your body (and it will if that is the cotton with spandex fabric). There's no collar roll to deal with, and the shoulder width looks good in the front-facing picture, so you have done well for a jacket at that price point.
                        Matt Dalton

Comment

Hello all,
                          I'm a college student and I recently purchased my first suit on fairly short notice for a presentation portion of a final exam. Being that I'm a student, I had an extremely tight budget, and only had access to a few stores.

That being said, how'd I do? This is a 36R completely off the rack on 5'10" roughly 135 lbs. I'm aware the sleeves are too long, and that the waist can be taken in, but what else should I have tailored? Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase a better suit, so I'll have to make due with the crap quality here.

Lastly, only during my presentation did I realize how constricted I feel in the jacket with a shirt and tie, could the shoulders be too small? I have broad shoulders with regard to the rest of my body, (I'm essentially T shaped) but they aren't broad in general.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience, I'm trying my best to learn.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...psc2ob0fxb.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...psicwu5hxs.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...psuumlhzz8.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps8bsugf35.jpg

Comment

Hello all, I'm a college student and I recently purchased my first suit on fairly short notice for a class presentation. Being that I'm a student I had an extremely low budget and limited access to stores.

That being said, how'd I do? This is a 36R on 5'11" roughly 135 lbs. Unfortunately this is my only suit and I need to get it tailored, but I'm not sure what exactly I can do besides having the sleeves shortened. Only during my presentation did I realize how constricted I feel in this jacket. The pictures show about how far I can move my arms before the jacket feels like it's going to tear across the back if I move any further. Could the shoulders be too small? Lastly, any ideas what that weird shaping at about button height on the sides is? It looks like they flared the sides out to give the illusion of a slimmed down waist.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience, I'm doing my best to learn.

Last edited by UHHHHHHH7; October 29, 2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

It could fit a lot worse. I think that should be fine to get you through school without any issues. I think those folds are due to the arm holes extending too low. On cheaper suits it seems the arm holes are elongated to fit more people so you get these issues. The buttoning point is a little high but everything else looks great and like you mentioned you can have the sleeves shortened slightly if you can afford the bill otherwise you can wear a shirt with longer sleeves in the mean time.

Comment

Working...
                                X