X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srikanth Sivaramakrishnan View Post
    Guys,

I ordered a suit from Black Lapel. I would appreciate any opinions on the fit and what I would need to change. I am not too sure about the sleeves, waist and shoulders.

pics: http://imgur.com/a/EtzoZ

Thanks!
    Overall that is pretty good. My only thought would be that the sleeves are a little slim which could cause some bunching when wearing slightly bigger shirts. That was my first thought when seeing picture one. The jacket may be a little tight which is causing the slight pull at the button but sometimes it is personally preference to let out the waist a little bit. The back is pretty good and I don't know what else to provide you there. It may need pressed to see what little wrinkles fall out on their own.

When getting your pants hemmed, remember to wear shoes but other than that, the pants drape amazing and are better than many I see on here and some pants I own myself.

Looks good!

Comment

Guys,

I ordered a suit from Black Lapel. I would appreciate any opinions on the fit and what I would need to change. I am not too sure about the sleeves, waist and shoulders.

Thanks!
      Looks like you have a little bit of collar roll going on in the back. Shoulder sizing looks good, so this is probably just due to your natural shoulder shape and posture. A decent tailor can fix this. Not sure how to go about handling if this is MTM, however -- the manufacturer might be able to handle alterations for you (and will likely prefer to, if so).

Comment

Guys,

Thanks!
        The back of the jacket has issues, its not giving perfect fit look, arms look tight around armpits and elbows and trouser length is bit long.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

As you know it looks better when its opened but still the sleeves are a lil short.

Comment

Alright gentlemen, I'm experimenting with my first pair of pleated trousers, some vintage Brooks Brothers flannels I picked up. I got two pairs, one mid grey, and one charcoal grey with forward pleats. the cut is the same so I'm just working this one pair until I get the fit how I like. The fit is currently off. I need a consensus on whether I should;

A. Leave them how they currently are and let the hem out to allow a bit of a break, or;

B. Leave them at slight to no break and have the entire leg slimmed and create a more aggressive taper and a smaller leg opening.

I don't mind the full look of them as they are now, but I'm not sure if it jives well with my build and particular style. Opinions?!
            As found

After first round at the tailor

Thanks any and all!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] Take my advice with a grain of salt, as I'm new to the sartorial game and have a very casual/youthful sense of dress that doesn't include many ties or dress pants. That said, I would definitely make the pants somewhat slimmer (not too slim), as the current cut is not flattering your build. As far as the length, I would either add a touch of break if you're going to keep the cuff, or consider removing the cuff if you keep them zero-break.
              Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] Take my advice with a grain of salt, as I'm new to the sartorial game and have a very casual/youthful sense of dress that doesn't include many ties or dress pants. That said, I would definitely make the pants somewhat slimmer (not too slim), as the current cut is not flattering your build. As far as the length, I would either add a touch of break if you're going to keep the cuff, or consider removing the cuff if you keep them zero-break.
                I agree with this completely, to me it looks like they need to be slimmed down a little and lengthened. Also if you are going to keep the cuff I feel like you need at least a partial break in the pants, or if you want to stick with the no break look maybe get rid of the cuff and drop the length down just a little bit more.

Comment

I don't think the current cut is terrible as long as you don't wear something super slim up top. But if you leave the cut the same, I think they have to be lengthened. No break with a wider leg just looks like pants that aren't the right size.

IMO, slimming down the entire leg may start to look weird and would fight with the pleated look.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalieman24 View Post
                    I don't think the current cut is terrible as long as you don't wear something super slim up top. But if you leave the cut the same, I think they have to be lengthened. No break with a wider leg just looks like pants that aren't the right size.

IMO, slimming down the entire leg may start to look weird and would fight with the pleated look.
                    This was kind of my first instinct. My tailor warned also that attempting to slim the thigh much could result in an unwanted pulling of the pleat also (not how true is or not unless I tried to make them really slim). But I thought I might take a little of the excess fabric out of the thigh, slim the opening slightly more, and lengthen the hem. I read this article from last year out of the WSJ that describes the modern pleated pant having he shape of a carrot. More full up top, coming down to a slim opening. http://www.wsj.com/articles/pleated-...uys-1444847920

Comment

I like the side profile but agree it is a little full. I do not know much about pleats and fullness so I would take your tailors advice.

Comment

I'd let them down a bit and also try to slim the leg a little bit above the knees. There's something jarring about how they taper.

Comment

Thank you for the advice guys! I think if I could get an inch off of the thigh and drop the hem it would look good. However, I may have to lose the cuff to lengthen the hem. Isn't a pleated trouser without a cuff considered improper in sorts?

Comment

I've never heard anything about that, but someone fact-check me if I'm wrong.
                            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                              I've never heard anything about that, but someone fact-check me if I'm wrong.
                              While technically it's wrong, I really don't see a problem with it, I'll take well fitting and we'll tailored clothes over something that follows the rules but doesn't fit correctly.

Comment

This felt pretty spot-on, but I wasn't sure. Lapels too wide?

Comment

Working...
                                X