Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Nate Chorney View Post
    Yep still have both.

    Looks like neither is going to work.
    You could order the new Legacy blazer in Ludlow 41R and 42S and see how those fit you.

    Comment


      Then I run into the big jump in cost

      Comment


        Originally posted by Nate Chorney View Post
        Then I run into the big jump in cost
        It's just to check sizing. If a Ludlow 41R or 42S doesn't work, then it just means you need to move on from Jcrew.

        Comment


          Originally posted by devastitis View Post
          It's just to check sizing. If a Ludlow 41R or 42S doesn't work, then it just means you need to move on from Jcrew.

          Good points

          Comment


            Originally posted by devastitis View Post
            You could order the new Legacy blazer in Ludlow 41R and 42S and see how those fit you.
            This is what I would do. Nail down your size, if J crew works with your frame, and then wait for sales or check ebay. I scooped up a legacy blazer nwt from eBay for $200 last year.

            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

            Comment


              Originally posted by yogi View Post
              This is what I would do. Nail down your size, if J crew works with your frame, and then wait for sales or check ebay. I scooped up a legacy blazer nwt from eBay for $200 last year.

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
              Not to be an asshole (I prefaced my sentence with this, so now I can be an asshole) if you're just starting to get into looking better/Men's style, etc, you might start working out soon and losing some weight. It might be best to wait on a more costly purchase until you reach a weight equilibrium if you do. If you do not plan on eating a better diet and exercising, then disregard this.

              You definitely should not go 42, your shoulders aren't big enough. I don't think the 40S looks too bad, disregarding the sleeve length.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
                Not to be an asshole (I prefaced my sentence with this, so now I can be an asshole) if you're just starting to get into looking better/Men's style, etc, you might start working out soon and losing some weight. It might be best to wait on a more costly purchase until you reach a weight equilibrium if you do. If you do not plan on eating a better diet and exercising, then disregard this.

                You definitely should not go 42, your shoulders aren't big enough. I don't think the 40S looks too bad, disregarding the sleeve length.

                LOL sheesh....I do workout....but have you tried craft beer?

                Comment


                  [MENTION=14917]Nate Chorney[/MENTION] you can always worry about clothes not fitting in the future, whether it be weight gain or loss, healthy or unhealthy. Don't let they deter you from buying clothes that fit you well now if you want to look nice now. If you have a personal weight goal for the next 6 months or so, just don't go overboard and buy up everything you see.

                  IMHO and experience, JCrew jackets just won't work for certain body types. I can't get a good fit with any of their jackets. Either I get a lapel bow, or the shoulders are too big. I don't even look at their jackets anymore. Like [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] suggested, maybe try that one more fit and if that doesn't work well for you than move on. There's plenty more out there to be had!

                  Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Alright [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION] I've been doing some research on different brands trouser fits. I scavenged two cheap pairs of JCrew Bowery Classics from eBay in 32" and 33". Both just in cotton for the time being. I chose them because of the measurements. I'm 6' dealing with approximately 24.5" thighs and a 33.5" waist, so it's difficult to find a pants that will accommodate my legs without going more than 3" over my waist size, unless I go with a very bag, non-tapered pant, which I am not fond of. The 32" Bowery (pictured below) has a 34.5" waist, 26.63" thighs. They fit, but I wonder if the appropriate drape would still lack in the wool version...
                    The 33" has a 35.5" waist and a 27.25" thigh. It seems to cause some bagginess in the crotch area though, as well as the upper thigh.


                    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                    Comment



                      The leg opening on the 33" is nearing 16", which is about as wide as I care for, if even that much. But the slim fit Bowery thigh circumference, even in a 33", is still less than that of the classic 32". It also seems like I get a slide "ride" up my rear side on all of my pants. Not sure what causes that or fixes that. Anyway, I don't have very many pants, so I wanted to get a good fit going before I dove any deeper. Comments, advice, recommendations, are greatly appreciated!

                      Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        I'll leave a more detailed response to someone else as I'm not very good at explaining things lol. But fwiw I think the blue 32 Bowery's look better on you. I didn't see any mention of it but to me it looks like the 33 also have a longer inseam. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                          I'll leave a more detailed response to someone else as I'm not very good at explaining things lol. But fwiw I think the blue 32 Bowery's look better on you. I didn't see any mention of it but to me it looks like the 33 also have a longer inseam. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me.
                          Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the 33" do have a longer inseam. But both. Of these are pre-tailor, so I'm not really concerned with the things that are easily correctable, such as waist and inseam.

                          Comment


                            The 32s are too tight in the hip/crotch/ butt. Looks like you have some pulling in the front and some pocket flair. If it were me I would tailor the 33s in the legs and go with them. 32s seem like they might require a little more work.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=11780]CMAc7[/MENTION]
                              The 32 looks fine for a chino, but just like you suggested in a wool, the drape will be a bit off.
                              I would get the 33 in wool to try them out. They should fit well in the seat and thigh. You can easily take the waist in an inch, and taper them from below the knee down.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by doomx View Post
                                [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=11780]CMAc7[/MENTION]
                                The 32 looks fine for a chino, but just like you suggested in a wool, the drape will be a bit off.
                                I would get the 33 in wool to try them out. They should fit well in the seat and thigh. You can easily take the waist in an inch, and taper them from below the knee down.
                                Alright, thank you sir. I will probably snatch a wool pair up here soon to try out. Without going MTM, do you think I would be better of just getting more classic, or straight, cut trousers that fit well and accommodate my seat and thigh, and then have them tapered? Instead of even messing around with already slim fits? Do you, or anyone else, know of a good route I could take?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X