Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] lol. Glad I could inspire. My choice was really guided and influenced by this awesome community, so they're the ones that deserve the credit.

When it comes to switching the bands, things will get frustrating... Just keep at it. I've helped three friends switch bands now, and it's much easier. Personally, I keep the brown band on all the time -- but it's nice to know that I can put the original strap back on without much difficulty for a more formal event.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] lol. Glad I could inspire. My choice was really guided and influenced by this awesome community, so they're the ones that deserve the credit.

When it comes to switching the bands, things will get frustrating... Just keep at it. I've helped three friends switch bands now, and it's much easier. Personally, I keep the brown band on all the time -- but it's nice to know that I can put the original strap back on without much difficulty for a more formal event.
      Spot on with that! In the past 8 months I have learned and been inspired much much more by this community than I ever thought I would be by an online forum!

Arhg! I just spent 90 minutes changing this stupid band out! Missed the whole Dead Pool movie wrestling this thing! I know that sound pathetic, but YouTube made it look so easy........ I got it now though. It looks great with the honey leather band!

Comment

It looks great with the honey leather band!
        Let's see your handiwork! Share a picture (but maybe in my watch thread -- we're kindof hijacking this one)

I didn't time how long it took for me to switch out the band at first, but it was probably in excess of a half hour. It can be really annoying. I feel your pain.

(Don't forget to tag me when you post the pic so I get a notification)

Comment

Hi all,

This will be my first post in the Threads even though I have been a regular visitor to Dappered and the forum for some time now. I just got a new suit from SS (my first purchase from them) having read a lot in the past years about the quality and how good they are for the price they charge. This had me really excited as I have always had problems finding clothes that fit properly, specially suits OTR, but of course always recurring to tailoring for almost everything (shirts, pants, suits). I used to wear suits on a daily basis a couple of years ago due to job requirements but haven't needed one for regular use in the past 2 years. I just want to get one for some events I have in the next months. I bought a 3 piece Lazio (34S) as I've seen it is the slimmest cut that would still be good in formal settings.

These are some photos of how the jacket fits (28 pants definitely need tailoring to slim them down):

I already have some thoughts but want to hear first from you in order not to "frame" you. Everything is appreciated!

EDIT: This is the link to the photos that somehow are not appearing here

http://imgur.com/a/GQ6c7

Comment

Originally posted by JFdo View Post
            Hi all,

This will be my first post in the Threads even though I have been a regular visitor to Dappered and the forum for some time now. I just got a new suit from SS (my first purchase from them) having read a lot in the past years about the quality and how good they are for the price they charge. This had me really excited as I have always had problems finding clothes that fit properly, specially suits OTR, but of course always recurring to tailoring for almost everything (shirts, pants, suits). I used to wear suits on a daily basis a couple of years ago due to job requirements but haven't needed one for regular use in the past 2 years. I just want to get one for some events I have in the next months. I bought a 3 piece Lazio (34S) as I've seen it is the slimmest cut that would still be good in formal settings.

These are some photos of how the jacket fits (28 pants definitely need tailoring to slim them down):

I already have some thoughts but want to hear first from you in order not to "frame" you. Everything is appreciated!

EDIT: This is the link to the photos that somehow are not appearing here

http://imgur.com/a/GQ6c7
            Looks really good!
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/bXFft
              I tried on JCF's thompson suit in two sizes, 42R and 40R, which size do you think I should go with? 40R felt good but if I keep working out may get snug fast. I'm willing to pay for tailoring to bring the waist in and sleeves up if I need to, but the 40R wouldn't require the sleeves to be tailored. Also don't pay attention to the pants sizing, they didn't have my size in store so I tried on a pair that was a size up both in the waist and length.

Edit: link
              Last edited by BuddingPT47; July 18, 2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

J. Crew Legacy blazer Crosby fit.

Couldn't decide on size as I was getting it on final sale 40S & 42R. What's everyone think?

42R

Comment

40S

Comment

42R is way too big. For Jcrew, in my experience, it's best to go 40S Ludlow -> 40S Crosby -> 42S Ludlow. But understandably, you won't have that option with the Legacy blazer as it's slim picking already. The 40S Crosby looks like the better fit, just a tad tight. But you'd probably have to do way too much tailoring on the 42R to get it to work, so either keep the 40S, or return both. Jcrew CS will take returns for final sale items, just need to ask kindly.

Comment

I think part of the issue is that the vents are still sewn on. It does look just a tad tight but i think my tailor could easily let it out. For only paying $150 I don't mind spending a few bucks on tailoring at all. Definitely need at least the sleeves done.

I think the 40S will be my best bet.

I wear a 42R USA made Joseph abboud extreme slim fit suit and this feels pretty close to it.

Comment

J. Crew tracked me down a 42S!

Thoughts? (I rolled the sleeves for pics)

Comment

Hi, the shoulder area doesn't fit well, in pic 3. Size a little big.

Comment

Originally posted by cool_ss View Post
                            Hi, the shoulder area doesn't fit well, in pic 3. Size a little big.

Probably beyond tailoring huh? Looks like I need the out of stock ludlow

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Chorney View Post
                              Probably beyond tailoring huh? Looks like I need the out of stock ludlow
                              Do you still have the 40s? So you're trying to decide between 42s and 40s?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep still have both.

Looks like neither is going to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X