Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just picked up this Ludlow Donegal Tweed at 40% off for my upcoming wedding in October.

    Thoughts?

    Comment


      Originally posted by ImagePree View Post
      Just picked up this Ludlow Donegal Tweed at 40% off for my upcoming wedding in October.

      Thoughts?

      The fit is good throughout the body. The pants are slim throughout and fit quite nicely.

      I see that the fabric on the sleeves need to be taken in. If you prefer showing half an inch to a quarter of your shirt, the coat sleeves should also be shortened by an inch or even less.

      Hope this helps.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ragnus View Post
        The fit is good throughout the body. The pants are slim throughout and fit quite nicely.

        I see that the fabric on the sleeves need to be taken in. If you prefer showing half an inch to a quarter of your shirt, the coat sleeves should also be shortened by an inch or even less.

        Hope this helps.
        Fully agree with the right advice given
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

        Comment


          I just purchased a Ludlow summerweight cotton-linen blazer in coastline navy from J Crew after consulting with their customer service about my measurements. They suggested I purchase a 38R. I am 5'10" and somewhere between 140 and 145 pounds.

          It's my first blazer so I don't know a lot about fit or tailoring, so I thought I'd ask for some help here. Honestly it feels a little big to me, but I'm not sure if that's true or not and if a 36R would possibly be a better fit. So the two things that would be helpful are 1) Does this seems like a decent fit that can be moderately altered to fit well and 2) if so, what do you think needs altered at the tailor to get it to that point.

          Thanks so much.

          http://imgur.com/a/xnJoP

          Comment


            Originally posted by kingtopher View Post
            I just purchased a Ludlow summerweight cotton-linen blazer in coastline navy from J Crew after consulting with their customer service about my measurements. They suggested I purchase a 38R. I am 5'10" and somewhere between 140 and 145 pounds.

            It's my first blazer so I don't know a lot about fit or tailoring, so I thought I'd ask for some help here. Honestly it feels a little big to me, but I'm not sure if that's true or not and if a 36R would possibly be a better fit. So the two things that would be helpful are 1) Does this seems like a decent fit that can be moderately altered to fit well and 2) if so, what do you think needs altered at the tailor to get it to that point.

            Thanks so much.

            http://imgur.com/a/xnJoP
            1. The length on the sleeves as well as the jacket is just right. However I noticed that the fit of the blazer on the shoulders is quite off as well as that in the waist area.

            2. The waist of the blazer could easily be taken in by a tailor. But those shoulders are another matter. Tailors would charge you a hefty price for adjusting those.

            My suggestion is for you to try the 36R instead. Hope this helps.

            Comment


              My wife just bought this for me as a gift. First watch, and I know a whole lot about them. Its a 37mm. Does it look too small, or just right? My wrist is 6 5/8" for reference.

              Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

              Comment


                *don't know a whole lot about them

                Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  I think that it looks fine. After going through a number of watches over the past couple of years, I've decided that we all stress too much about the size of our...watches. Although different folks will have their own individual preferences, most watches with a diameter somewhere between 37 to 42 mm will work fine for MOST guys.

                  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the style of your watch should work well for almost anything in your wardrobe. If you put it on a nice leather black or brown strap, it should be dressy enough to wear with a suit and tie. If you swap out the strap for a canvas "NATO" strap, the watch will be casual enough to go with jeans and t-shirts. Having said that, your watch doesn't look like a "sports watch" from the photos, so I would be careful about going swimming with it.

                  Most importantly, the watch was a gift from your wife, so I'd wear it frequently and appreciate the fact that she wanted to do something nice for you.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ragnus View Post
                    The fit is good throughout the body. The pants are slim throughout and fit quite nicely.

                    I see that the fabric on the sleeves need to be taken in. If you prefer showing half an inch to a quarter of your shirt, the coat sleeves should also be shortened by an inch or even less.

                    Hope this helps.
                    Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                    Fully agree with the right advice given
                    Thanks guys.
                    I do intend to shorten the sleeves, but probably won't slim them down since it feels pretty snug already. I think the bunching is due to sleeve length.
                    I'll post another pic after tailoring.

                    Comment


                      Thanks for the feedback, [MENTION=15111]TMann[/MENTION]. I really love the watch and its appearance. It's the Bulova that [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] bought awhile back. I guess my wife saw me looking at it and decided to save it for me. Watches are just unknown territory for me and I wanted to make sure that it doesn't look too "dainty" so to speak since it is on the smaller side. I did read on the Watch Snobs website that 36-40mm will work for just about any man unless he's a sumo wrestler.

                      Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] Looks great. Don't overthink it.

                        FYI, you're wearing it low (I made the same mistake when I started wearing a watch). It's supposed to go higher than that little bone.
                        Update: googled it just to be sure (because I forgot where I heard that advice). It seems that most wear it above the bone, but there is no clear consensus on the "proper" position.

                        Comment


                          Thanks [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION]! Yeah I was wondering about the placement actually. I've never spent much time wearing a watch, But it did seem uncomfortable where it was placed. Almost like it inhibited my wrist.

                          Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                            My wife just bought this for me as a gift. First watch, and I know a whole lot about them. Its a 37mm. Does it look too small, or just right? My wrist is 6 5/8" for reference.

                            Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk


                            When its gift from wife you have to love it,

                            well in fact it really look good
                            Eat what is good for your health but
                            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] If you're looking to upgrade the watch a bit, or if you're not so fond of the alligator strap, you should consider picking up this Hadley-Roma strap in honey brown. Makes the watch less dressy -- I am now able to wear it even with a t-shirt and jeans, and it can still be dressed up. Worth considering.

                              If you grab the strap, be sure to grab a kit so you can change bands yourself.

                              Comment


                                Haha, thanks [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION]! I already went back to your original post about the watch and bought it. I remembered really liking how it looked on you, so I figured I would just play copy cat! It will be here tomorrow. Spring bar tool too!

                                Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X