This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
    I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'll go work there for a little bit, stock up on all things Suitsupply, then quit. [emoji41] (Mwaha hahaha, my evil plan is complete)
    If you can make it through training, be my guest. They let go half of the trainees (including me), and from what I heard, that's not uncommon when they sign on a new class!

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
      If you can make it through training, be my guest. They let go half of the trainees (including me), and from what I heard, that's not uncommon when they sign on a new class!
      Wow, I didn't realize it was so hard to get a job there. What does the training consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
        Wow, I didn't realize it was so hard to get a job there. What does the training consist of?
        I'll PM you, since it's off topic for this thread lol

Comment

Suit Supply Napoli 40R

Hey, it's been a while since I posted but school has gotten the best of me. I recently bought a new suit for my new job and was hoping to get some quick impressions on the fit.

Suit on suit supply site:http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...in/P4119I.html

Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/139912.../shares/9167c7
          Last edited by buffalobills12; May 6, 2016, 09:47 PM. Reason: Failed to link properly

Comment

I am trying to find an inexpensive suit for a summer wedding. I decided to buy the JCP Stafford cotton/linen that was on sale for ~$90.

This jacket is a 40r. Clearly needs to be taken in, but how is the fit otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION] - Did you try sizing down? The shoulders look too big and it looks like there may be too much room in the chest. I assume you will get the pants tailored as sometimes suit separates are sparse in the correct lengths.

Comment

They don't carry that suit in stock. I should have ordered both a 38 and a 40, but didn't. This is me in a 38 Stafford suit jacket that they did have in the store. Im concerned it's right in the shoulders.

Comment

Well JCP has sold out of 38, so I guess the whole thing is going back.

Comment

[MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION] - I like how the back fits on the 40R better but the front on the 38R looks good. As for shoulders, I don't know what you mean that the right one is a concern as I only see one in the picture (and don't know which one is showing). I have one shoulder which is narrower than the other so I fit to my wider shoulder and get a little divot on the other should. Some jackets exacerbate this more than others.

Good luck finding a summer wedding suit. I don't have one and stick with navy though I do have a mid-gray with pinstripes at the tailor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
                      Well JCP has sold out of 38, so I guess the whole thing is going back.

I bought the JCF oxford suit in "english grey" for a summer wedding and it was great. Can be had for $115 or so if you time it right, and very similar in color to the JCP you had on above.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                        I bought the JCF oxford suit in "english grey" for a summer wedding and it was great. Can be had for $115 or so if you time it right, and very similar in color to the JCP you had on above.
                        Thanks for the recommendation. How close is JCF sizing to Ludlow? When I tried on a Ludlow jacket at the store, the 38 was too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
                          Thanks for the recommendation. How close is JCF sizing to Ludlow? When I tried on a Ludlow jacket at the store, the 38 was too small.
                          The fit is supposed to be close, but my personal experience is that the Thompson is a bit roomier than the Ludlow. I think most people wear the same size in both and just have to tailor the Thompson more for it to look right, which is generally true for me as well -- but the oxford fit differently enough that I had to size up in the shoulders to get a correct fit (normally a 42L in Thompson and Ludlow, 44L in oxford).

Comment

Thanks. I'm trying to decide between the JCF Oxford and the JCF Slub Linen in either blue or saltwater grey. Any thoughts on pros and cons?

Comment

Pictures to Share

All,

It says I do not have permission to post attachments
                              ... How do I do this... I have some buys that I want to run by you all??

Comment

You have to upload the image to a site that will host it, then imbed the image here. This site does not have the capability to host images.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X