Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
      Not bad at all in length, imho.
      Originally posted by yogi View Post
      Thank you

Agreed, I think that hits right where I prefer my jackets. You could probably go a little shorter and still be considered a traditionally acceptable length.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
        Agreed, I think that hits right where I prefer my jackets. You could probably go a little shorter and still be considered a traditionally acceptable length.
        Thanks. It's borderline for me. But it could be the low button stance that ludlows have that makes it feel a little off. I prefer or used to a higher button like on bonobos jackets.

Comment

So I purchased my first sport coat a while back, and immediately deduced that I needed the sleeves shortened. However, beyond that I have no idea what further tailoring it might need, or how it fits just generally. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated

P.S. (sorry for the bad photo quality, it's the best I could do at this time.)
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

It looks like you could go down a size in that jacket. I mean the length looks fine and you mentioned the sleeves but the body looks big and probably feels big. Also in the 2nd picture it looks like your shoulder starts to curve in before the end of the jacket.

If however those are just picture issues and the shoulders fit fine, tapering the waist a little would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
              So I purchased my first sport coat a while back, and immediately deduced that I needed the sleeves shortened. However, beyond that I have no idea what further tailoring it might need, or how it fits just generally. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated

P.S. (sorry for the bad photo quality, it's the best I could do at this time.)
              Needs the chest taken in and waist suppression, so both of those areas need to be taken in as much as possible. I also want to say that the shoulders look too large to me as well, and there's nothing you can do about that. Can't tell anything about the arms since there's no side profile shot, but yeah, the definitely need to be shortened. Those arm holes look awfully deep, but again, nothing you can fix, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                Needs the chest taken in and waist suppression, so both of those areas need to be taken in as much as possible. I also want to say that the shoulders look too large to me as well, and there's nothing you can do about that. Can't tell anything about the arms since there's no side profile shot, but yeah, the definitely need to be shortened. Those arm holes look awfully deep, but again, nothing you can fix, though.
                If he still has an opportunity to return & exchange for a smaller size, that would probably fix most of the issues that you're telling him to tailor. When I was training for SuitSupply, they basically told us that if tailoring cost is greater than $75, they need to either pick a different size or a different cut. I think that's a good rule of thumb, no matter where you shop.

Comment

[MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION]
                  I had that suspicion about the shoulders, but the next size down felt awfully tight at the time. [MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION]
                  Unfortunately it's too late in the game for that, but it wasn't a terribly expensive jacket, and it did well enough in a high school setting. I'll take it to the tailor and consider that rule of thumb.

Thank you both for the thoughts, I'll keep all that in mind when I'm looking for my next one.

EDIT: here's a quick side pic.
                  Last edited by Terminado; May 2, 2016, 07:19 PM.
                  Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                    If he still has an opportunity to return & exchange for a smaller size, that would probably fix most of the issues that you're telling him to tailor. When I was training for SuitSupply, they basically told us that if tailoring cost is greater than $75, they need to either pick a different size or a different cut. I think that's a good rule of thumb, no matter where you shop.
                    Wait, you work for Suitsupply!?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                      Wait, you work for Suitsupply!?
                      I did for a little bit.

Comment

I did for a little bit.
                        Sweet! Do they have a nice employee discount?

Comment

Sweet! Do they have a nice employee discount?
                          It was ridiculous, but I wasn't there long enough to take advantage of it and I don't think I can talk about it on here haha

Comment

It was ridiculous, but I wasn't there long enough to take advantage of it and I don't think I can talk about it on here haha
                            That's too bad [emoji4]

Comment

That's too bad [emoji4]
                              To put it vaguely, we had to wear their stuff from head to toe (aside from watches, bracelets, and underwear), so they made sure to encourage us to always be wearing their clothes.

Comment

To put it vaguely, we had to wear their stuff from head to toe (aside from watches, bracelets, and underwear), so they made sure to encourage us to always be wearing their clothes.
                                I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'll go work there for a little bit, stock up on all things Suitsupply, then quit. [emoji41] (Mwaha hahaha, my evil plan is complete)

Comment

Working...
                                X