X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this one?
    Suit coat turned blazer.
    It bows out hugely and has a high waste.
    It was free, so....
    But not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a skirt other times I like it:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

It looks a little disproportionate if you ask me. Slim lapels, but a big waist. High button stance, but, while looking huge, buttoning it is causing lapel bowing.

Shooting straight, I don't think it fits. I think it was for someone with smaller bone structure and a little more gut. I could be totally off, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
        It looks a little disproportionate if you ask me. Slim lapels, but a big waist. High button stance, but, while looking huge, buttoning it is causing lapel bowing.

Shooting straight, I don't think it fits. I think it was for someone with smaller bone structure and a little more gut. I could be totally off, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think you're right. The person it was made for did have a smaller bone structure and bigger gut.

I'm going to table it for now and store it. AND BUY A NEW NAVY! love an excuse to buy another blazer [emoji1]

Anyone have a different opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by 93millionmilesaway View Post
          JCF Thompson Marina Blue. Got this for $185. 40R.
          I think that looks good on you. Sleeve length and jacket length both seem good. You have a tiny bit of pulling at the button, so it might be a touch tight, but it's not bad at all, and some people prefer that aesthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi View Post
            Thanks. Yeah, I like the length, but the sleeves are long. The picture isn't showing them correctly.
            I agree the sleeves are long. Longer sleeves on your shirt won't help unless you want your cuffs reaching your thumb knuckles. Jacket length seems fine, though

Ok, how is the length and fit of this? I inherited this and it's a beautiful fabric, but it is old and from a time when jackets were longer and boxier.

I've had it tailored, but still not sure...
            Looks good to me. I prefer slightly shorter jackets, but this still looks nice.

From the side picture, you can see that your anatomical shoulder is forward of the "peak" on the armscye, hence the pulling and dimpling. I actually wonder if letting out the back a bit at the top would alleviate this somewhat.

I have a Billy Reid topcoat that divots exactly like this on me (similar-looking fabric, too). I kept it because I loved everything else about it too much to send it back. So far not regretting that decision (though I might if I stumble across an equivalent coat without the divoting).

How about this one?
            Suit coat turned blazer.
            It bows out hugely and has a high waste.
            It was free, so....
            But not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a skirt other times I like it:
            I don't love that one. I'd assume you have really wide hips if that were the only jacket photo you'd posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
              I agree the sleeves are long. Longer sleeves on your shirt won't help unless you want your cuffs reaching your thumb knuckles. Jacket length seems fine, though

Looks good to me. I prefer slightly shorter jackets, but this still looks nice.

From the side picture, you can see that your anatomical shoulder is forward of the "peak" on the armscye, hence the pulling and dimpling. I actually wonder if letting out the back a bit at the top would alleviate this somewhat.

I have a Billy Reid topcoat that divots exactly like this on me (similar-looking fabric, too). I kept it because I loved everything else about it too much to send it back. So far not regretting that decision (though I might if I stumble across an equivalent coat without the divoting).

I don't love that one. I'd assume you have really wide hips if that were the only jacket photo you'd posted.
              Great feedback. Thanks for the help. The second one with the shoulder pulling/divots is one I'll live with.

The wide hips one I'll retire soon. I'm going to start looking for a replacement. I wonder if it will look better as a suit since there will be no contrast between the jacket and pants?

Comment

[MENTION=15259]yogi[/MENTION], maybe it would work better with matched pants, but I think it would still be unflattering. The flare plus the high button makes it look wide and also like your waist is oddly high.

Comment

I think you're right. The person it was made for did have a smaller bone structure and bigger gut.
                  Anyone have a different opinion?
                  Were they also taller than you and/or have longer legs/shorter torso than you? The grey one above is verging on that as well, but that one is passable. It would seem your proportions are much different than the person or people these are coming from. I would say it is not so much jackets were that much longer decades ago, but that these particular jackets look too long for you.

Edit: and I realize sizing has changed a bit, only saying my first impression from those photos is length.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                    Were they also taller than you and/or have longer legs/shorter torso than you? The grey one above is verging on that as well, but that one is passable. It would seem your proportions are much different than the person or people these are coming from. I would say it is not so much jackets were that much longer decades ago, but that these particular jackets look too long for you.

Edit: and I realize sizing has changed a bit, only saying my first impression from those photos is length.
                    Thanks. I thinks it's all of that. He was maybe an inch taller than me, bigger gut, smaller frame (I am more athletic).

These were given to me, so it's no loss if they aren't great fitting. They are more of a temporary solution while I build my new wardrobe.

I'm in a new job that requires a jacket everyday, and prior to this school year I hadn't owned one jacket, so these were a huge help.

Based on the feedback here, I'm going to eventually replace the grey and navy windowpane with some bonobos jackets since they seem to fit me well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster. Made my first really spendy blazer purchase and bought the Suitsupply Copenhagen jacket. I ordered it telling myself I would send it back under the guise of just trying on a particular size for my wedding suit in September, which I plan on getting from Suitsupply, but it is also really tempting to keep it after trying it on. Does this look good? Ignore the rest of the outfit.

Comment

Now seeing the X after staring at it. Oh well!

Comment

Too short? Just right? On the short side, but acceptable?

Comment

A couple more...

Comment

Originally posted by Brock335 View Post
                              Now seeing the X after staring at it. Oh well!
                              Yep, too small.

Measure your chest under your armpits. Round up. Buy that size.

Comment

Too short? Just right? On the short side, but acceptable?
                                Not bad at all in length, imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X