X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Optiger View Post
    I guess pictures are needed.
    Those are too tight. Some things to help you notice in the future. First and foremost, I can see the lining of the pocket so the thighs are too tight. Next, notice how the pockets are starting to flare out like ears, and you have a bit of bulging on the seam by the pockets so they are too tight across your hips. Lastly, notice the small rolls on the back of your thigh.

Not saying you can't wear slim, just not those pants. Hard to tell what the waist looks like, but maybe sizing up would be an option.

Originally posted by yogi View Post
    So I know the sleeves need to be hemmed up, but what about jacket length?
    Looks good to me. Length looks pretty much perfect. Hemming the sleeves would be a personal choice, but if it was me I would leave them as is. More likely, I think you need a longer shirt sleeve based on how high it is coming up your arm when you bend it to take the photo.

By the way, I really like that blazer. What is the lapel width? A bit hard to judge the scale with the bow-tie.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
      Looks good to me. Length looks pretty much perfect. Hemming the sleeves would be a personal choice, but if it was me I would leave them as is. More likely, I think you need a longer shirt sleeve based on how high it is coming up your arm when you bend it to take the photo.

By the way, I really like that blazer. What is the lapel width? A bit hard to judge the scale with the bow-tie.
      Thanks. Yeah, I like the length, but the sleeves are long. The picture isn't showing them correctly.

This is a standard fit. Do you think a slim would be preferable or does this look good as is?
      I personally like a little room to move, but still figuring out what is too much room.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
        The length looks fine to me. I like the bow tie btw!
        Thanks. I wear one daily.

How about the tailoring in terms of fit? It's a standard fit, but wonder if a slim would be better or if this is good. I'm slightly athletic build at 170lbs and 5' 8.5"
        I like a little room, but still learning how tight jackets are supposed to feel.

Comment

Thanks. I wear one daily.

How about the tailoring in terms of fit? It's a standard fit, but wonder if a slim would be better or if this is good. I'm slightly athletic build at 170lbs and 5' 8.5"
          I like a little room, but still learning how tight jackets are supposed to feel.
          I wouldn't go slimmer, it already has a nice contour by the waist. The overall fit is pretty good, you want to be able to move in a blazer, if it gets too constricting it gets uncomfortable. I would also echo what was said earlier about the sleeves, it might be that you just need longer shirts sleeves because the jacket looks to be at/near the perfect length although that's really personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
            I wouldn't go slimmer, it already has a nice contour by the waist. The overall fit is pretty good, you want to be able to move in a blazer, if it gets too constricting it gets uncomfortable. I would also echo what was said earlier about the sleeves, it might be that you just need longer shirts sleeves because the jacket looks to be at/near the perfect length although that's really personal preference.
            Thanks. Yes, my shirt is as long as it should be, maybe even slightly too long at 34. I'm probably 33.5. My tailor says I should buy shirts at the 33-34 range and over time 34 is where it's at. All my jackets that I've had tailored have shorter sleeves now, but I'm not in a rush. Based on the feedback here I can get away with it until I feel like spending the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
              Those are too tight. Some things to help you notice in the future. First and foremost, I can see the lining of the pocket so the thighs are too tight. Next, notice how the pockets are starting to flare out like ears, and you have a bit of bulging on the seam by the pockets so they are too tight across your hips. Lastly, notice the small rolls on the back of your thigh.

Not saying you can't wear slim, just not those pants. Hard to tell what the waist looks like, but maybe sizing up would be an option.

Lapels are similar to, but slightly wider than a ludlow. They are 2.5 inches wide according to their website.

Comment

Sorry for the wait, I'm trying to attach photos of my suit but cannot seem to figure it out. Ends up just showing text between the IMG parenthesis.
                Edit: at the bottom of my page under posting permissions it says I may not post attachments, hmm..
                Last edited by bertman; April 6, 2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bertman View Post
                  Sorry for the wait, I'm trying to attach photos of my suit but cannot seem to figure it out. Ends up just showing text between the IMG parenthesis.
                  Edit: at the bottom of my page under posting permissions it says I may not post attachments, hmm..
                  You have to upload online to an image hosting service, then place the URL of the photo in the IMG tags.

Such as http://i.imgur.com/w8z9kDZ.gif --->

Comment

Ok, how is the length and fit of this? I inherited this and it's a beautiful fabric, but it is old and from a time when jackets were longer and boxier.

I've had it tailored, but still not sure...

Thanks!

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I think the fit looks very good. As you said, it's from a different time, and I'm assuming the construction is bombproof and not easy to work with, so I think your tailor did a great job. The only thing I see (and I know this is NOT supposed to be a big deal) is the shoulder divots. But fixing those would probably mean a major reworking of the shoulder, arm hole positioning and sleeve width and not worth it. Found out more about them on this thread.

Comment

Ok, how is the length and fit of this? I inherited this and it's a beautiful fabric, but it is old and from a time when jackets were longer and boxier.

I've had it tailored, but still not sure...
                        First pic, I didn't know you were expecting! Kidding, but that's what the arm in front pose reminded me of...

Moving on, I think it looks good. As you said, it's a different length/build than current trends in jackets, so it would take some super major surgery (well exceeding the cost of a replacement jacket, I imagine) to get it much closer to current trends. The fabric looks like it's real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                          First pic, I didn't know you were expecting! Kidding, but that's what the arm in front pose reminded me of...
                          LOL! my wife may say I look like I'm expecting since my fitness routine has vanished over the past months (new baby twin girls and new jobl

Just trying to show how long it is.

Fabric is great (wool/cashmere) full canvas, etc, etc

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                            I'm not an expert, but I think the fit looks very good. As you said, it's from a different time, and I'm assuming the construction is bombproof and not easy to work with, so I think your tailor did a great job. The only thing I see (and I know this is NOT supposed to be a big deal) is the shoulder divots. But fixing those would probably mean a major reworking of the shoulder, arm hole positioning and sleeve width and not worth it. Found out more about them on this thread.
                            Thanks. Not touching the shoulders. The shoulders actually don't show a divot from front view, like in the third pic.

Thanks for the link. I've read that before. It's definitely about the construction of the jacket, not length or padding. I've found that out this year by buying several jackets on ebay with my measures and having them look terrible in the shoulders.

Comment

I posted this before, but not sure if it went through or not. Maybe the moderators are taking a while but here it is again anyways.
                              This is the suit I bought and would like to know what you all think of the fit. Too small? Just right? (Pants need quite a bit of work thats why I'm not wearing them) Thanks in advance!

Comment

I have the same Jacket and got it stitched years back, still love it. Your Jacket to me is well stitched and looks great.
                                Eat what is good for your health but
                                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X