This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
    ... I get that certain colors look better on certain skin/hair/eye combos, but I don't know if it is key. ... for the most part, men wear neutrals....
    Do you guys typically apply this principle to pocket squares and ties primarily, or across the board?
    Like everything, color theory matters more in some cases than in others. I think when people have trouble with colors, they usually weren't even thinking of the color wheel, color schemes, or their hair/skin tone. They saw an outfit online and it looked good on the model, but they are disappointed when they try it on. You won't necessarily look bad if you break the rules, but you won't look super sharp. The outfit won't pop.

There are definitely other aspects of clothing that matter just as much or even more than color schemes. Colors, like everything else, have meaning and history. I'm a fairly high contrast person, but I'd never wear bright green and red alternating stripes in June because of its association with Christmas for example.

I wear a lot of neutrals because they are versatile, traditional, and help me keep the number of clothes I own to a minimum. I suspect, but can't prove, men traditionally wear them to avoid out-dressing the women in their lives. I think the basic principles of color theory apply to neutrals too.

Comment

We should probably start a new thread on this. There is some empirical data about some aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by fabalpha1
        Gentlemen, as impressive as you can be, it may seem difficult to compete with the tall, buff hunk from the gym to catch the eye of a special someone. But men, do realize one thing, you shape your own appearance. If you think packing up 50 pounds of muscles and chugging down protein shakes is not your forte, worry not. We are here to get you the insight on how to beat the 6-pack bias and sweep the lady of your dreams off her feet. Even if it the goal is not impressing someone, dressing to the tens has never been a disadvantage for anybody.
        Huh? What are you getting at and why did you post in the "How does it fit" thread? We can all see you just joined and if you're trying to sell something, there's a place for that here. http://threads.dappered.com/forumdis...-Manufacturers
        Come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
          Huh? What are you getting at and why did you post in the "How does it fit" thread? We can all see you just joined and if you're trying to sell something, there's a place for that here. http://threads.dappered.com/forumdis...-Manufacturers
          Come on man.
          The spam is rampant lately on this forum. Not sure what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Volador View Post
            The spam is rampant lately on this forum. Not sure what's going on.
            Yea it's really frustrating.

Comment

Hi - I'm always confused by getting the right break on my trouser length. Is this a medium break? I had to buy longer length socks, as sometimes I'd find my regular socks meant some skin was sometimes showing when I sat down. Do you think these are an OK length when I'm sat down?

Thanks

Comment

what size shoes do you wear?

Comment

9 uk 43 eu 9.5 us... :-)

Comment

I have no problem showing that much when sitting down.

Your shoes, though, they look cartoonishly long.

Comment

Another snap with me wearing them:

These shoes:

http://www.dunelondon.com/alex-blind...odalex10black/

Hope they're not odd, and it's just the perspective of the first two pics, as I've just ordered a second pair ;-)

Comment

PS. pic above, is that a good amount of break? Not too short?

Comment

Originally posted by tyketyler View Post
                          Looks like a full break to me. From what I can see, the back of the pants are also breaking, and the front is breaking enough that it shows in two spots (near the knee and just above the ankle). I would not go longer or they'll look sloppy when you stand. I would also not worry about too much sock showing when sitting (taller socks is a good idea if you were showing skin, though). Slim opening with a moderate break is going to show some sock when you sit.

The perspective in those first photos is super wonky, though.

Comment

thanks dpark

Comment

Originally posted by tyketyler View Post
                              Personally, I'd go with half an inch... maybe with them long gams a full inch shorter. And there is nothing wrong with showing a little leg. I wear no-show socks with loafers all the damn time... I gotta say, my ankles is sexy.

Comment

What is causing this behind my knees

30x30 slim straight bonobo

Comment

Working...
                                X