Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the first installment if my SS order! Curious about the shoulders on this Washington. The jacket as a whole fits real nice, but the shoulders have an indentation. Do they look too off?

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
      Got the first installment if my SS order! Curious about the shoulders on this Washington. The jacket as a whole fits real nice, but the shoulders have an indentation. Do they look too off?
      Looks fine to me. I don't think anyone would notice if you didn't say anything.

Comment

Here's a picture that gets a better angle of the debt.

Comment

Does the button stance on this blazer look odd to anyone. This is the third blazer I've received from bonobos (first was a slim and was too slim, second had defects) and it seems like there is more fabric between the button and where the lapel naturally ends .
          Last edited by Dismal Science; January 12, 2016, 08:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't find it offensive, but I see what you mean. But I can't speak for everyone certainly.

Comment

[MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - It is ever so slight that it may not matter. Sizing down could have caused issues in other areas. If it bugs you enough, a tailor could attach the sleeve differently so instead of a slight rope type look, they could attach it differently. Tread carefully though as this will be costly, similar to shortening a sleeve from the shoulder. It is not bad enough to where there is an inch or 2 overhang, just a little bit which can be worked with without much issue.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] - It is ever so slight that it may not matter. Sizing down could have caused issues in other areas. If it bugs you enough, a tailor could attach the sleeve differently so instead of a slight rope type look, they could attach it differently. Tread carefully though as this will be costly, similar to shortening a sleeve from the shoulder. It is not bad enough to where there is an inch or 2 overhang, just a little bit which can be worked with without much issue.
                I would agree with this. The shoulder has a "roped" look on purpose. That is not impossible to change, but probably not needed.

Comment

I think the sleeves could be adjusted a touch and disagree on the waist. May turn into too much of an hourglass shape. Also the lapels are slightly bowing which means the jacket may be too tight in the chest or it could be the way you are standing.
                  True that no suppression is needed. I meant more about how it felt than how it looked.

Comment

Thank you. So you're saying the shoulder is a tad too large? I ordered it in a 40R, same as my Havana. But I didn't notice a size issue because of the soft shoulder on the Havana. If I sized down the rest of the jacket would had been much too tight. Sob long as it's not a major issue I will wear it as is. Really like this jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                      Thank you. So you're saying the shoulder is a tad too large? I ordered it in a 40R, same as my Havana. But I didn't notice a size issue because of the soft shoulder on the Havana. If I sized down the rest of the jacket would had been much too tight. Sob long as it's not a major issue I will wear it as is. Really like this jacket.
                      Wear the hell out of it then. It is such a small issue that it shouldn't matter unless it will keep you from wearing the jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dismal Science View Post
                        Does the button stance on this blazer look odd to anyone. This is the third blazer I've received from bonobos (first was a slim and was too slim, second had defects) and it seems like there is more fabric between the button and where the lapel naturally ends .
                        Bump

Comment

BR jacket, considering getting the pants to match, but was a sale buy so I'm hesitant...

Comment

The sleeves are a touch on the short side but they could be caught on you shirt some. The rest generally looks fine though the chest has some extra fabric. Overall it looks pretty good and there are just minor changes you could make if you wanted to.

Comment

My thoughts as well. I tried it on again this morning, and the sleeves are *slightly* longer than that photo suggests, but without a doubt a bit short. the jacket is a 40S, as I have a pretty short torso, but maybe this is worth going 40R. Im 5'9" 170 lbs... If givena choice tho I would take a slightly shorter sleeve and jacket vs longer, just a preference.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisAntle View Post
                                My thoughts as well. I tried it on again this morning, and the sleeves are *slightly* longer than that photo suggests, but without a doubt a bit short. the jacket is a 40S, as I have a pretty short torso, but maybe this is worth going 40R. Im 5'9" 170 lbs... If givena choice tho I would take a slightly shorter sleeve and jacket vs longer, just a preference.
                                I'd give the 40R a shot. The sleeves are not too bad, but the jacket itself is very short. You can easily go 1"-2" longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X