This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    These definitely have about an inch + of elongation in the toe. Past the point of where my foot stops fitting.
    Do they fit?

Here is an example of the same size shoes where the plain toe looks longer.

(I realize the plain toes there are a bit meh, but, in my defense, I paid $40 new for them.)

Comment

I believe they fit. I don't thinkbi could size down. There's just a lot of extra room from where my foot fits (and seems to fit well) and the end of the actually shoe.

They loom twice as long. I never realized this before....

Comment

It's sort of like the whole "beltless" thing. Without a belt, a suit looks more like one long piece of material. With a belt, it is visually demarcated. Shorten men look great with no breaks, taller men look too tall. I would speculate the same goes with feet except it would depend on leg proportions since the legs are going to look longer without a visual break in the shoe, not the whole body.

I figure this is one of those things that is not so much style-fu as it is having seen it and recognized it.

Comment

[QUOTE=ianmichaelray;230494]Do they fit?

This is about where my foot ends. Please tell me if this fit looks large, but if I size down I don't know how I would get my foot would fit in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
            It's sort of like the whole "beltless" thing. Without a belt, a suit looks more like one long piece of material. With a belt, it is visually demarcated. Shorten men look great with no breaks, taller men look too tall. I would speculate the same goes with feet except it would depend on leg proportions since the legs are going to look longer without a visual break in the shoe, not the whole body.

I figure this is one of those things that is not so much style-fu as it is having seen it and recognized it.
            Right, that makes sense. I have relatively long legs, and the shoes look big from my point of view. But when I look in a mirrow it all looks proportionate.

Comment

Like I said earlier, are they 12D or maybe 11.5 running large? If you don't like them... I mean, they look sharp to me, I would wear them.

Comment

Haha, no sorry. 9.5. I like them a lot, I just wanted to make sure they didn't look big and goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjaygolf View Post
                  What defines small shoulders? I definitely didn't feel restricted.
                  If you didn't feel restricted then they may be fine, it just looked from that picture that they were dimpling a lot which would be caused by the shoulders being too small. A picture from the front may make it easier to tell. If they felt right then I would say the rest of the jacket looked good, your call on the shoulders.

Comment

Please tell me what exactly is wrong in this in-person measured MTM suit I got or how do you think it fits. I'm really not satisfied with it. Apologies for the poor pictures: SUIT FIT PICS

Is it fixable or what would you have done differently? I've also made a thread in Reddit MFA

Comment

Originally posted by AmIGreat View Post
                      Please tell me what exactly is wrong in this in-person measured MTM suit I got or how do you think it fits. I'm really not satisfied with it. Apologies for the poor pictures: SUIT FIT PICS

Is it fixable or what would you have done differently? I've also made a thread in Reddit MFA
                      Looks like shoulders from the way it drapes on the back. Will probably cost at least $100–$150.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                        Looks like shoulders from the way it drapes on the back. Will probably cost at least $100–$150.
                        Could you elaborate a bit? Their too narrow/wide or just wrong in general? The main problem for me seems to be the armholes. Hugging with the jacket on seems like a risk.

Does it seem fine on the chest, though? Not too much pulling or anything?

Comment

Hey guys, long term lurker but first time posting. I just got a Suitsupply Napoli and wanted to see what you guys thought about the fit and where I could make some alterations to it. The jacket is a 40S, Im 5'8 170ish. I ordered a 38S as well but it was noticeably too tight. The chest does seem to be a bit big on me, but maybe Im just not used to wearing this cut as its my first Napoli. Let me know what you guys think, I apologize for the bad quality pics, it was the best I could do in a time crunch.

http://imgur.com/a/K25EX
                          http://imgur.com/a/8pqqt

Comment

Originally posted by Moose225 View Post
                            Hey guys, long term lurker but first time posting. I just got a Suitsupply Napoli and wanted to see what you guys thought about the fit and where I could make some alterations to it. The jacket is a 40S, Im 5'8 170ish. I ordered a 38S as well but it was noticeably too tight. The chest does seem to be a bit big on me, but maybe Im just not used to wearing this cut as its my first Napoli. Let me know what you guys think, I apologize for the bad quality pics, it was the best I could do in a time crunch.

http://imgur.com/a/K25EX
                            http://imgur.com/a/8pqqt
                            How is the back?

The sleeves are a hair long. Have both sleeves pinned with a shirt that fits well.

Perhaps some waist suppression, although it looks fine with that much room if it feels good like that.

I'm not sure if the pants need altering or just need to be pressed. Are they unhemmed right now?

Comment

I think the sleeves could be adjusted a touch and disagree on the waist. May turn into too much of an hourglass shape. Also the lapels are slightly bowing which means the jacket may be too tight in the chest or it could be the way you are standing.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The back looks fine, I forgot to take a picture of that though. There was no bunching or anything with the fabric on the back. The pants are definitely in need of hemming, and I may let them out a touch because they were pretty snug in the waist. The sleeves I was on the fence about, definitely thought they could be shortened a hair, but was unsure about it. I thought the fit was pretty good off the rack, but wanted to get the opinions of those more experienced. The lapels were a little messy partly because I had the tag tucked into the inside pocket for the pictures before I removed it. I definitely didnt feel that the chest was tight, and like I said I almost thought it was a bit loose, thankfully no one has said that it appears to be too big in the chest. Thanks yall!

Comment

Working...
                                X