Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splurged and bought myself an SS Havana! Love the jacket, but wanted to get some opinions on the fit before I take it to the tailor. Vents aren't opened yet so the waist will probably need suppressed slightly. The sleeves are a little shorter than I originally thought (or my shirt sleeves are long?) So I'll need to let them down a bit. The back is a bit rumply, possibly from ghe vent still shut but I always have a collar break in my jackets that need attention. Only complaint I have is the arms fit a bit loser than I would have liked. I tried a size down and it "fit" but made me look like I had the proportions of a Blow Pop. Thoughts?

Comment

Let out the sleeves a bit, length shoulders and chest look fine. Whether you want to take in the waist is more personal. I'd probably leave it alone but a small bit of suppression would look nice.

Comment

The rumply back can probably be pressed. If the first "wave" isn't caused by the collar fit, it's not something that will be a big problem, ime.

Comment

Thanks guys! Do any of you out there ever have your jacket sleeves tapered? Not the arm hole raised, just the slimming of the sleeve. I've heard of it being done, but not sure how costly it would be, or if it could even be done with functioning cuffs. I feel like the sleevs would look better though slimmed down a touch.

Comment

I don't think the functional buttons should make that much of a difference as the sleeves would be tapered by taking in the back seam. It makes a difference in shortening the sleeve as it has to be removed.

Comment

I had a chance to go to the SS store in Miami today. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures to get feedback on. I was happy to finally try on a 38L as most places don't cater to that size. Something with the Napoli fit didn't seem right to me though. I tried on that fit because of the price point. I also went to Jcrew to try on their 38R. The pics are below. Could I get away with that jacket length? I'm 6'1 170 lb but my wingspan is 76" so that finger test isnt really apt. I have to say I like the Ludlow fit a lot bc of the lower button stance and thinner lapels. I might go back to SS and try on some other cuts. I was only trying on grey suits though since I have a ludlow in 40L. But I might also consider a navy to replace it if the fit is better.

http://s13.postimg.org/ugrg3bsiv/010..._Optimized.jpghttp://s11.postimg.org/ppfwjcceb/010..._Optimized.jpg

Comment

Could I please get some opinions in these shoes... I bought them for an occasion because I didn't have any black bals. I just recieved them and I like them a lot overall, they're pretty sleak and italian-esc. But they are a little bit more elongated than I had originally thought. I just want to make sure I don't look like I'm wearing trendy lets go clubbing-toolbag-clown shoes and that I will be able to use these as a foundation oxford. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sanjaygolf View Post
                  I had a chance to go to the SS store in Miami today. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures to get feedback on. I was happy to finally try on a 38L as most places don't cater to that size. Something with the Napoli fit didn't seem right to me though. I tried on that fit because of the price point. I also went to Jcrew to try on their 38R. The pics are below. Could I get away with that jacket length? I'm 6'1 170 lb but my wingspan is 76" so that finger test isnt really apt. I have to say I like the Ludlow fit a lot bc of the lower button stance and thinner lapels. I might go back to SS and try on some other cuts. I was only trying on grey suits though since I have a ludlow in 40L. But I might also consider a navy to replace it if the fit is better.

http://s13.postimg.org/ugrg3bsiv/010..._Optimized.jpghttp://s11.postimg.org/ppfwjcceb/010..._Optimized.jpg
                  Just from that side profile, the sleeve length and jacket length look good. The only thing I'm worried about is the shoulders, they looked awfully small.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                    Could I please get some opinions in these shoes... I bought them for an occasion because I didn't have any black bals. I just recieved them and I like them a lot overall, they're pretty sleak and italian-esc. But they are a little bit more elongated than I had originally thought. I just want to make sure I don't look like I'm wearing trendy lets go clubbing-toolbag-clown shoes and that I will be able to use these as a foundation oxford. Thanks!
                    They look fine. Ditch the navy socks for black ones, though

Comment

Originally posted by ac6 View Post
                      They look fine. Ditch the navy socks for black ones, though
                      Thanks. Yeah, navy socks were just what I had on when I opened the box.

Comment

I just want to make sure I don't look like I'm wearing trendy lets go clubbing-toolbag-clown shoes and that I will be able to use these as a foundation oxford. Thanks!
                        1. No. The lets-go-clubbing clown shoe is bulbous and circular. They are made for people who have heard square toe is not a thing anymore, but have no taste themselves. They makes short men look like they have huge feet. This is not that.

2. Probably... I would. But, I wear size 12, so any plain toe looks long on me. Black is not as bad.

Edit: one thing is visual delineation between the laces and the toe is absent in these. That might make your legs look longer than otherwise. That's not necessarily bad.

Also, do these happen to be 12 or even 11.5? If you don't like them...
                        Last edited by ianr; January 9, 2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                          1. No. The lets-go-clubbing clown shoe is bulbous and circular. They are made for people who have heard square toe is not a thing anymore, but have no taste themselves. They makes short men look like they have huge feet. This is not that.

2. Probably... I would. But, I wear size 12, so any plain toe looks long on me. Black is not as bad.
                          Haha, I didn't know they had caught on to the square toe not being a thing anymore! Shame. So, this may be a naive question, bought are plain toes supposed to be elongated? I almost went with the AE Carlyle but they're out if my price range for a shoe that will see little use, but In the stock photo they don't appear too long... but neither did these.

Comment

Haha, I didn't know they had caught on to the square toe not being a thing anymore! Shame. So, this may be a naive question, bought are plain toes supposed to be elongated? I almost went with the AE Carlyle but they're out if my price range for a shoe that will see little use, but In the stock photo they don't appear too long... but neither did these.
                            Plain toes look elongated because there is nothing to break up the shape. If you put them down next to a pair with a medallion on the toe and measured, they'd be exactly the same, but the plain toe would look longer.

Comment

These definitely have about an inch + of elongation in the toe. Past the point of where my foot stops fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                                Just from that side profile, the sleeve length and jacket length look good. The only thing I'm worried about is the shoulders, they looked awfully small.
                                What defines small shoulders? I definitely didn't feel restricted.

Comment

Working...
                                X