Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] I really like the style. In fact I bought that same jacket (I think) a year or two ago. Ended up returning it because the sizing was wonky for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the fit on you, it seems pretty snug through the torso, and perhaps a hair too long. The snugness might become less of an issue as you break it in over time, though.
    Ben

Comment

• [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] I think small is the right choice
      [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] it looks a little long to me.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

• Recently bought this Herringbone wool Lauren by Ralph Lauren jacket. I'm pleased with it, however I fixate on shoulders a lot since many jackets poof out and give the divots at my chest size. I want to get your opinions on it. Also, when I raise my arms, the shoulders do weird stuff. Is it in the realm of possibilities to get the arm hole raised a bit when I'm shortening the sleeves? I haven't detached the vents either, btw.
        [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• I've lost a little bit of weight since I first bought these suits, are they too big now?

Comment

• Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
            I've lost a little bit of weight since I first bought these suits, are they too big now?
            They look like they might of always been too big. The shoulders on the navy suit are too big. I suspect the same thing for the grey. But yes, they are too big currently. You can get them taken in by a tailor but the shoulders will be too big still.

Comment

• [MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] -- Yes, they are too big.
              [MENTION=14898]Mikesclothes[/MENTION] - I would say the shoulders are just a bit off. Also, if they "do weird stuff when you raise your arms" that's a big warning sign.

Comment

• [MENTION=14898]Mikesclothes[/MENTION] - The Lauren by RL tend to have lower arm holes which you can't fix for cheap. I assume when you raise your arm coupled with the low arm holes the chest stretches funny, the collar moves away from your neck, and it almost looks like you are wearing a wing suit? If so, I would try to shop for another brand. Depending on what you paid for that, you may be able to snag a decent J. Crew Ludlow in herringbone wool from eBay for <$200.

Comment

• [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] thanks for info. Probably gonna return it and try on some others with a higher sleeve hole

Comment

• [MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] they look like they fit through the shoulders (the grey one more so than the blue). The jacket and pants on both suits need tailoring. You could probably get by with a mild taper from the knee down on the grey pants. On the blue pants I would have them taken in all the way to the crotch, this can be costly. Both jackets need waist suppression. The grey one fits a little better through the shoulders. In summary, I think you could make the grey one work. The blue one would be an expensive trip to the tailor.
                    [MENTION=14898]Mikesclothes[/MENTION] the jacket doesn't look horrible. I don't think a tailor can raise an armhole. If they could it would make the length of the sleeve head shorter, which would make your shoulder too big for the opening sleeve. This would cause divoting, which you are already on the verge of experiencing. I don't think the fit is currently that bad. It's not that great either.

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure about the sleeve length of this shirt. I'm also worried about the chest area -- if I gain much more mass in my pecs the fabric will start to pull around the button. Excuse the sweat pants.

Comment

• [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - Sleeve length is too short and if it is that tight, sizing up shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] The thing is that my pet peeve is extra fabric around the torso (that comes untucked). I'm going to go try on the shirt in the next size up, but it's possible that the sides get too billow-ey for my taste.

What do you think is worse, a shirt where the sleeves are a hair short, or one where there's too much fabric billowing out? Obviously, the ideal would be to get the next size up and have the sides taken in, but that makes each shirt I buy cost $16 more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            I'm not 100% sure about the sleeve length of this shirt. I'm also worried about the chest area -- if I gain much more mass in my pecs the fabric will start to pull around the button. Excuse the sweat pants.

It's pretty tight. If it's comfortable, I guess that's not a huge issue. I'd probably try another brand that isn't quite so slim. Also, sleeves are short. It's a casual shirt though, so should be fine without a jacket. Fit wise, if it's comfortable and you're not planning on wearing with a jacket, it should be fine. You seem to like the skinny aesthetic. It personally is too tight for my liking, but not by a ton.

Comment

• [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] -- I definitely like clothes that fit on the slim side of things. I want to be able to wear this with a blazer, but I'm obviously not going to try to elevate the shirt beyond business casual. I just posted in WIWT, and that's as formal as I'll ever try to wear this shirt. Think it's worth trying to size up?

Comment

• [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] if you size up won't the neck be to big. I like buying stuff that fits the way I like it in my correct neck size. I wear a 39 or 40 neck. A 40 fits more comfortably, but they are harder to find. I would find your correct neck size and then find a brand that fits your body in that neck size. Then you'll be money.

Comment

Working...
                                X