Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirt too tight in the chest? It's an S&M 15 1/2 slim fit. The shirt fits great, arm length is perfect for me, waist is about as slim as it is going to get for me without becoming too constraining. I don't think it will even need tailoring. But I'm a little curious about the chest between the 2nd and 3rd button. It pulls there a little bit. (I'm puffing my chest out to exaggerate it) is the ok and a pass, or should I go for the contemporary fit next time and have the waist suppressed?

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
        Shirt too tight in the chest? It's an S&M 15 1/2 slim fit. The shirt fits great, arm length is perfect for me, waist is about as slim as it is going to get for me without becoming too constraining. I don't think it will even need tailoring. But I'm a little curious about the chest between the 2nd and 3rd button. It pulls there a little bit. (I'm puffing my chest out to exaggerate it) is the ok and a pass, or should I go for the contemporary fit next time and have the waist suppressed?
        You could probably benefit from a cm in the chest. It fits really well though if you like slim fit. As long as you can move okay, it should be fine. If you're wearing an undershirt, take it off.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
          You could probably benefit from a cm in the chest. It fits really well though if you like slim fit. As long as you can move okay, it should be fine. If you're wearing an undershirt, take it off.
          I can move great in it! No undershirt?...

Comment

I can move great in it! No undershirt?...
            It will make it ever so slightly less tight. I don't wear undershirts to begin with, because I don't like them. But if you do, I wouldn't with that shirt.

Comment

It will make it ever so slightly less tight. I don't wear undershirts to begin with, because I don't like them. But if you do, I wouldn't with that shirt.
              Thanks for the advice. Doesn't that make the shirts soil quickly?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Doesn't that make the shirts soil quickly?
                I wear them once then wash them. I also use gold bond and aluminum free deodorant, instead of antiperspirant. That way there are no pit stains. I may sweat less without an undershirt, because I breathe better. I don't know if that is the case or not, though. I've never done a study, but it makes sense that would be the case.

If you do want to go undershirtless I'd recommend at the very least using an aluminum free antiperspirant, like Toms. I've found gold bond and deodorant works better. You really don't want pit stains, which are caused by the aluminum.
                Last edited by thecharlesg; December 10, 2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I wear them once then wash them. I also use gold bond and aluminum free deodorant, instead of antiperspirant. That way there are no pit stains. I may sweat less without an undershirt, because I breathe better. I don't know if that is the case or not, though. I've never done a study, but it makes sense that would be the case.
                  I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains. I never have used it. Good to know though! You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.

Comment

I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains. I never have used it. Good to know though! You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.
                    I wash them cold. I've never had any problems.

Comment

I've found gold bond and deodorant works better.
                      Do you put gold bold on your pits and then deodorant (or vice versa)? I've never heard of this. What does the gold bond do for you?

I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains.
                      Yep. The staining used to destroy my undershirts (and I wore undershirts largely to prevent damaging my shirts). The aluminum, especially in combination with the wax from the deodorant, meant all of my undershirts had to be thrown out every year or so. They'd get yellow and stiff in the armpit. Switching to a deodorant stopped that (although I switched to stop irritation the antiperspirant started giving me).

You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.
                      I can't speak for Charles, but I find that my shirts smell musty after a wear, not stinky, but enough that I'm not comfortable rewearing them unless it was only for a couple of hours. I basically wash each of my shirts after every wear. I air dry them on hangers, though. In my experience it's the dryer that really wears them out.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
                        Do you put gold bold on your pits and then deodorant (or vice versa)? I've never heard of this. What does the gold bond do for you?

Yep. The staining used to destroy my undershirts (and I wore undershirts largely to prevent damaging my shirts). The aluminum, especially in combination with the wax from the deodorant, meant all of my undershirts had to be thrown out every year or so. They'd get yellow and stiff in the armpit. Switching to a deodorant stopped that (although I switched to stop irritation the antiperspirant started giving me).

I can't speak for Charles, but I find that my shirts smell musty after a wear, not stinky, but enough that I'm not comfortable rewearing them unless it was only for a couple of hours. I basically wash each of my shirts after every wear. I air dry them on hangers, though. In my experience it's the dryer that really wears them out.
                        Also, if you reiron a worn shirt it would probably make it smell bad. IDK. Anyway I put on the gold bong after drying after a shower. I step back in the shower to do it and not make a mess. I then put deodorant on before I leave the house. The gold bond acts as antiperspirant. My wife gets really annoyed when I leave the gold bond out. She thinks it is embarrassing for people to see it. I guess she thinks if our guests use the guest bath room (which is where I shower) and it's out they will make assumptions about what I'm doing with it.

Comment

they will make assumptions about what I'm doing with it.
                          Not sure why anyone would care so long as you're not leaving it everywhere or dusting your balls while they watch.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
                            Not sure why anyone would care so long as you're not leaving it everywhere or dusting your balls while they watch.
                            That's what she thinks people will assume. That I have been dusting my balls with it. I say let em think what they want.

Comment

That's what she thinks people will assume. That I have been dusting my balls with it. I say let em think what they want.
                              Even if you were dusting your balls in the shower, who cares? You washed them in that same shower, I hope.

Comment

new chino blazer

Hey all,

Got a new JCrew Factory Thompson Chino. Have a Bonobos casual chino blazer but the sleeves are unlined and as a result the cuff of my shirt ends up popping out after a few minutes of wear, and stays out. So this is the hopeful replacement.

Thoughts on fit? It's a large. I'm 6'4" so this is kinda tough for me as far as length goes. Don't mind the new levis with tags still on.

Thanks,
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X