Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JGL View Post
    Those are local file references. You need to upload them to an image hosting site (like imgur) and then post the appropriate image link here to get the images to show up.
    Sorry about that. Here are some comparison photos of an old bb slim fit and a 14.5 32 esf which I returned for a 15 32 esf

    Comment


      These are too long right? I hate being between a 30 and 32 inseem...

      Comment


        Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
        These are too long right? I hate being between a 30 and 32 inseem...
        They are longer than I like. They are not so long that they look out of date though. Looks like a medium break to me.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

        Comment


          Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
          Sorry about that. Here are some comparison photos of an old bb slim fit and a 14.5 32 esf which I returned for a 15 32 esf
          Blue one fits pretty good. If it feels too tight it is. You should be comfortable. To me it doesn't look too tight though. The striped shirt is huge. The yoke, the chest, and the waist are all big on you. You're swimming in it. If you like the shirt a tailor could make it look a ton better for not a ton of money.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

          Comment


            Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            They are longer than I like. They are not so long that they look out of date though. Looks like a medium break to me.
            I would agree. It would depend on if they fit well enough to stay like that throughout the day. If they were to slide a bit, it would probably be too much.

            Comment




              My SO claims this looks like a "pimp coat" but I'm convinced it is well fitting top coat. What do you guys think? I got it used for $75 and its 100% cashmere. The lining needs repair, but I really think this is a good find. Am I missing something here? Is this is a weird looking coat on me?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Mnowlin View Post


                My SO claims this looks like a "pimp coat" but I'm convinced it is well fitting top coat. What do you guys think? I got it used for $75 and its 100% cashmere. The lining needs repair, but I really think this is a good find. Am I missing something here? Is this is a weird looking coat on me?
                Fits good through the shoulders. However it is not flattering your midsection. The waist could potentially use some suppression. I am opposed to going skinny, to wear it would look feminine. You definitely don't want a coke bottle shape. But it couldn't hurt if it were a little more form fitting.
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                Comment


                  "Pimp" coats are fur or with fur lapels and cuffs, worn open so one can see the jewelry and pink pinstripe trousers.

                  Comment


                    I've picked up a few navy suits over black friday in hopes to find one that will work with my build. I've narrowed it down to a 44R Thompson and a 42R Spier & Mackay . I think I need a 44 and that the Thompson fits better overall, but I really think I look better in the S&M. My shoulders/chest are wide in comparison to my neck and to some degree my waist, so I think the wider lapels balance me out more. I think the 42R S&M looks great, but its hard to move around in, and if I bring my arm up, the sleeves are strangling my biceps. Which looks better?

                    44R JCF

                    42R JCF
                    42R JCF

                    42R S&M
                    42R S&M
                    42R S&M
                    42R S&M

                    edit - I've added a few more pics of the Spier and Mackay jacket, as well as some photos of the 42R Thompson jacket. After trying all three back on again and looking at the photos, I think the 42 Thompson is probably the best fit. Its a little tight in the shoulders/chest, but looks the best. Its not as tight as the S&M around the biceps either. Still would love some other opinions though. (I also like the button color better)
                    Last edited by joegeis; December 7, 2015, 11:23 PM. Reason: a few more pics

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by joegeis View Post
                      I've picked up a few navy suits over black friday in hopes to find one that will work with my build. I've narrowed it down to a 44R Thompson and a 42R Spier & Mackay . I think I need a 44 and that the Thompson fits better overall, but I really think I look better in the S&M. My shoulders/chest are wide in comparison to my neck and to some degree my waist, so I think the wider lapels balance me out more. I think the 42R S&M looks great, but its hard to move around in, and if I bring my arm up, the sleeves are strangling my biceps. Which looks better?
                      Your pics arent showing up for me.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by joegeis View Post
                        I've picked up a few navy suits over black friday in hopes to find one that will work with my build. I've narrowed it down to a 44R Thompson and a 42R Spier & Mackay . I think I need a 44 and that the Thompson fits better overall, but I really think I look better in the S&M. My shoulders/chest are wide in comparison to my neck and to some degree my waist, so I think the wider lapels balance me out more. I think the 42R S&M looks great, but its hard to move around in, and if I bring my arm up, the sleeves are strangling my biceps. Which looks better?
                        The pics aren't really detailed enough, but the 44 looks too big. The 42 looks better, at least in the shoulders.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jordan View Post
                          Your pics arent showing up for me.
                          I added new links that should work for you.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post
                            The pics aren't really detailed enough, but the 44 looks too big. The 42 looks better, at least in the shoulders.
                            This pic shows a little more of the 42 being tight in the arms/shoulders. Sorry its hard to take photos of myself! Couldn't get the wife to help.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by joegeis View Post
                              This pic shows a little more of the 42 being tight in the arms/shoulders. Sorry its hard to take photos of myself! Couldn't get the wife to help.
                              Are the armholes too high or is it that the sleeves are too narrow?

                              Armholes can be moved a little. You will want to buy something with bigger sleeves if the sleeve radius is the issue.

                              Comment


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X