Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicholas, thanks for the repost for correct coding, first time trying to put pics in a post.

Both of the suits are size 40R, so I am very concerned that a size 38R would be too tight around the gut/chest. Do you think it is possible to bring in the shoulders somehow, or is that way too difficult a possibility?

And thanks for the confirmation about the pants.

Comment

@andrew4h: Since Bonobos seems to have a good return policy, it would probably be better if you tried the 38. It might be too small, but you don't know if you don't try. The shoulders are definitely too wide, but passable.

@nicholas: Why are you suggesting an L length? Is it because so much cuff is showing? I think the jacket/sleeve length looks fine. It's the shirt sleeves that are too long.

Comment

Try a size down and then bring it to a good tailor to see if they can let out the chest. I would ask for length measurements if you try a size down. If a smaller size is shorter, NC is correct that you may need a long. Either way, the shoulders on this one are too big. And the pants could use some serious work.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Ya, the shirt is a bit long, the suit sleeves are pretty spot on actually. I will email bonobos and see what they have to say about the sleeve length.

Comment

So I spoke with the ninjas at bonobos and the suit length is .5 inch less (which shouldnt make much of a difference) and the sleeves are 1 inch less going from 40R to 38R. I imagine that the sleeves can be lengthened an inch, since it does not have functioning cuffs. What I am concerned about is the chest and waist. The chest decreases from 43.5 to 41 inches and the waist from 40.25 to 37.75. Do you think a tailor could let both these measurements out sufficiently?

Comment

If you put a tape around your chest at the widest point with your arms relaxed at your side, it should be a couple inches less than the suit itself. Do have that measurement?

Seeing how the 40R is generally too big in the shoulders and torso, I think a 38R with tailoring would be a good next step to try.

Comment

@greg/nicholas:

"I would ask for length measurements if you try a size down. If a smaller size is shorter, NC is correct that you may need a long."

That's an interesting observation that I never considered. For me, shorts have always been too short and longs have always been too long. Guess that means I'm just...average.

Comment

I always border on the sleeves-too-short, so it seemed possible. Not a lot of 38L sizes, though.

Comment

Whats up everybody, love this site! This is a great thread as well. Here are a few pics of a Macy's Alfani suit I piced up about 2 years ago. After doing a bit of research lately, im quite sure the jacket is too big especially the shoulders. I always go for 40R but that just might not be the right size for me. I think the pants fit pretty good but maybe im wrong. Anyways I would really appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Sorry forgot to add the back shot.

Comment

@joedet, looks big in the shoulders to me, and the amount of padding is more than I usually care for. The armholes look low as well, which doesn't help. I'd try a size down and/or look for less padded jackets. The pants aren't bad, look big in the thighs.

Comment

Hello, everybody, the good shoping place, the new season approaching, click in. Welcome to ==== http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com ==

Air Jordan (1-24) shoes $35

Jordan (1-22)&2009 shoes $45

Nike shox (R4, NZ, OZ, TL1, TL2, TL3) $35

Handbags ( Coach Lv fendi D&G) $30

T-shirts (polo, ed hardy, lacoste) $14

Jean (True Religion, ed hardy, coogi)$34

Sunglasses ( Oakey, coach, Gucci, Armaini)$15

New era cap $16

Bikini (Ed hardy, polo) $18

FREE SHIPPING

=== http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com

=== http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com

Comment

I think the pants are a touch too long there is just a bit of extra fabric at bottom. shoes are garbage kenneth cole ones I wear to and from work and leave my AEs there so no need to correct them Thankfully these are from LE, tailored fit flannel, can't go a size down or my legs would be tight.

By shad0w4life at 2012-06-04

Comment

Yeah they could use a hem. Luckily, that's a cheap fix.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

hey guys,

i just recently thrifted a navy blazer and wanted to get some feedback on

the fit and if it would be even worth it to get it altered.

- size is 38R, i know shoulders are a bit big.

- there is no vent. would it be hard to add a vent?

- how is the length of jacket and sleeve length. I believe my shirt sleeves are too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X