Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the vent being closed could be causing the issue. If you undo the vent you will want to check to see if that takes care of the lower back but also make sure there isn't too much flare like "runner n jeans" was experiencing up above on his blazer.

Looks like a keeper to me though.

Comment

itsm3json, that actually doesn't look half bad for a blazer pre-tailored. The sleeves are a bit too long, which you can fix. The arm holes are somewhat low, but it's not to the point where it detracts from your look. The length is good on you.

Comment

@aj25 will do, thanks for pointing the possible flare out!

- i plan to keep it

- this was my first j crew piece and i'm very happy with it

@bruschetta - appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Hey guys, here's the picture of that brown suit I mentioned in another thread...I haven't worn this in a couple of years and looking at it I don't even think a tailor can salvage this one at all haha, it's actually a size too big for me too...this was bought before I knew anything about proper fit:

Comment

I'm not sure that even layering underneath is going to help you there, Pitt. :-S The breaks across the tops of the shoulders would seem to indicate that the shoulders are too long. The prognosis is grim...

Comment

Alan, yeah this one is a few years old, and I was wondering if I could get it tailored since it's just sitting there in the back of my closet...then I looked at the tag and sure enough its a 42R when I'm actually a 40R or 40L depending...wishful thinking I guess lol

Comment

Well I've found some tight 42R's that fit me snug, some 40R's that are way too baggy, and even a 38R that's just right. The numbers are really more of a guideline. In the end, it all depends on the jacket's cut and your body shape.

Comment

What Alan said is right. That being said, that suit is most likely beyond a tailor's plausible range for someone your size.

Comment

Not only is it a size too big but it's way too long.

If that is indeed a Long jacket, buy a Regular.

If it's a Regular jacket, buy a Short.

If it's a Short jacket, you may be sol.

Comment

Yeah, this one was a 42R and its pretty long thanks for the reassurance guys I think I'll take it to Goodwill and donate it because its perfectly fine as far as wear goes...smh when I bought this a few yrs ago I thought I knew what I was doing...good thing I've learned since then!

Comment

What is the brand etc? Perhaps it is a decent suit, but just not the right fit for you. If so, could potentially sell it rather than just goodwilling it.

Comment

@Saleen it's a Nautica...I got it fairly cheap at one of those big men's clothes stores, but I don't think this one is worth very much of anything ha

Comment

Just received in the mail two bonobos suits. One is their cotton/linen blend and the other is 100% cotton, both khaki in color. Not really sure I like the fit of either suits, so I figured I would come here to see what you guys thought. I am particularly concerned that the shoulders are a bit too wide, but maybe im wrong. currently the first suit (linen blend) fits well in the stomach area while the other could be let out a bit. Going to get both sets of pants tailored with no break, and thinking about getting them narrowed a bit too, thoughts on that?

Linen Suit:

Cotton Suit:

Comment

Pardon me while I repost you to get the photos to work (gotta use HTML style tags like < img src="..." > ).

Linen Suit:

Cotton Suit:

Comment

What are the suit sizes? You may want to consider sizing down and getting a L size, if it's an option.

I agree about slimming the pants' seat and legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X