This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

Just bought the Jetsetter suit in Navy from Bonobos. I was so eager to get your feedback on the fit that I didn't even cut the vents open before taking some pics (forgive me, father, for I have sinned...). I also didn't throw on shoes (I couldn't bear to take off these great Costco Merino wool socks), and the pants are unhemmed. Just wanted to get those points taken care of off the bat.

My main concern with the coat is discerning if it's too chopped. This is the regular fit, but if it's a bit short I could always reorder the jacket in long and get the sleeves fixed. So tell me -- too chopped, or not?

My other concerns with it are color (it's a bit darker of a navy than I hoped to go with) and something a little funny with the front button. To explain: the front (main) button seems to be pulled just a tiny bit. I know this can be indicative of a too-tight jacket, but I'm not sure if that's the case here. Also, the fabric from the lapel rolls a bit over the button. Should I be concerned or unfazed? One possible explanation for this minute issue could be that the jacket was JUST taken out of its box, and was shipped folded. I hung it up, and we'll see if it gets better by tomorrow. Pic of button issue below:

Thoughts, gents?

Comment

Though no, tie and shoes, still

It is nicely stitched suit, good shirt.

Curves of jacket and nicely going along your body shape and fall of pant is okay too, so good purchase
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
        Hey guys just wanted to post a pic from the other night before heading out on the town with the lady. I feel the sleeves on this blazer are still a tad long, looking for some feedback. Cheers

http://imgur.com/LneVe7F
        Definitely too long.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm interested in ordering some MTM dress shirts and am considering using this shirt as a starting point for measurements. It's a slim fit daily grind from Bonobos. Feels pretty good overall. Armholes feel a bit high but that may just be my inexperience with wearing more fitted clothing. Appreciate any feedback on where you would make adjustments. Thanks.

Comment

This is from STATE OF G (www.stateofg.com)

Last edited by collins; November 19, 2015, 07:53 PM. Reason: Inserting Link

Comment

I'd like some feedback on the fit of this suit. This is straight off the rack, no tailoring done yet. Obviously, the pants need to be hemmed.

(click on the images for a larger photo)

Comment

And the pants:

Comment

Originally posted by collins View Post
                  The guy pictured HD sleeves that are too long, contradicting the advice given.
                  My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by windmill View Post
                    I'd like some feedback on the fit of this suit. This is straight off the rack, no tailoring done yet. Obviously, the pants need to be hemmed.

(click on the images for a larger photo)

Looks like it fits good through the shoulders. I would have the jacket waist suppressed. There's also some bunching in the seat. A decent tailor should be able to remedy that.
                    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                      The guy pictured HD sleeves that are too long, contradicting the advice given.
                      I'm confused, too. I think the shoulder is a bit too wide and I'm suspecting the jacket doesn't completely cover the rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                        Looks like it fits good through the shoulders. I would have the jacket waist suppressed. There's also some bunching in the seat. A decent tailor should be able to remedy that.
                        Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the pants definitely need some work, but this is the first slim fit suit I've found that isn't super tight in the thighs.

Is it possible for a tailor to get rid of the bunching of the fabric in the shoulders? The overall width is fine I think, but it just doesn't drape very well.

Comment

Originally posted by NewStyle View Post
                          Hey guys,

I'm interested in ordering some MTM dress shirts and am considering using this shirt as a starting point for measurements. It's a slim fit daily grind from Bonobos. Feels pretty good overall. Armholes feel a bit high but that may just be my inexperience with wearing more fitted clothing. Appreciate any feedback on where you would make adjustments. Thanks.

Sorry, issues with pictures posting...

http://imgur.com/sbOOwcj
                          http://imgur.com/fi1RYXo
                          http://imgur.com/ONQPX9N

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                            I'm confused, too. I think the shoulder is a bit too wide and I'm suspecting the jacket doesn't completely cover the rear end.
                            I don't like how it places equal emphasis on aspects which are show stoppers and those which can be fixed.

I also don't like how it goes through all this fit stuff and says the second button shouldn't be closed for "style" reasons. Like the "style" of it not being made to fit that way?

Comment

file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003117.jpg
                              file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003107.jpg
                              file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003143.jpg
                              file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003503.jpg
                              file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003325.jpg
                              file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003334.jpg

First 3 photos old BB Slim 14.5 2/3 shirt. Last 3 photos of new CT ESF 14.5 32 shirt. I bought 6 of the CT ESF shirts and I am on the fence on them. They are a huge upgrade softness, arm length, shoulder slimness, arm slimness but CT went crazy with their new ESF and I feel they are borderline too tight especially at the stomach and waist. I am also worried about the neck since it is a little tighter than a BB and I hear CT shirts shrink at the collar and sleeves? Thinking of returning for ESF but in 15 32.

Your advice is greatly welcomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003117.jpg
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003107.jpg
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003143.jpg
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003503.jpg
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003325.jpg
                                file:///Users/josephrasero/Downloads/20151129_003334.jpg

Your advice is greatly welcomed!
                                Those are local file references. You need to upload them to an image hosting site (like imgur) and then post the appropriate image link here to get the images to show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X