This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    The sleeves are long and the buttons could be an issue when shortening. Hopefully just sewn on and no faux-holes. The back could us a little work from a tailor so it is not as tight. Pants look fine other than hemming the pants to a length you like. Other than those small things, I think you got a good deal.
    [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]; I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to report that the sleeve buttons are just sewn on without faux holes. I hear you about the back appearing a bit tight. Interestingly there is no feeling of constriction when I did the "hug test". I will see what a tailor can do about the tight look. About the pants, I will re-assess the amount a leg bagginess from the knee down AFTER they are hemmed. I am barely 5'-3" so anything to make me appear leaner and not wider is a bonus.

Comment

Are these blazer sleeves too short?

Comment

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
        Are these blazer sleeves too short?
        yes, a tad too short IMO

Comment

Need a little help with this one...

I seem to be straddling the line between Medium and Large depending on brands and fit. I just picked up a Lambswool-blend cardigan from Gap (the one referenced on the main site recently) and cannot decide witch size is more appropriate fit-wise. I have a rough idea, but wanted to throw it out to the masses.

Here is the Medium:

Here is the Large:

Comment

medium.

Comment

Medium seems to fit well with just a t-shirt. How does it feel to move around in? The large just seems big all over but could feel better to actually wear.

Comment

Newbie How does this fit

Been reading a lot on dappered. I'm not a jacket kind of guy so this is my first. It's a BR factory 38S Cotton Blazer. Would appreciate opinions and constructive criticism on how it looks and fits. It feels tight but I can put a fist and more off my chest. I'm 5'6" 140lbs. Pants are JCF Sutton, and shoes are J&M Meltons. Shoes are 1/2 size too big for me but can't do anything now. TIA! I hope the link works! First time using imgur as well!

https://imgur.com/gallery/3uHwb

Comment

Originally posted by tdiep View Post
                  Been reading a lot on dappered. I'm not a jacket kind of guy so this is my first. It's a BR factory 38S Cotton Blazer. Would appreciate opinions and constructive criticism on how it looks and fits. It feels tight but I can put a fist and more off my chest. I'm 5'6" 140lbs. Pants are JCF Sutton, and shoes are J&M Meltons. Shoes are 1/2 size too big for me but can't do anything now. TIA! I hope the link works! First time using imgur as well!

https://imgur.com/gallery/3uHwb
                  Honestly, the body looks too tight and a couple of inches too short. The sleeve length is right, though.

I think you might be better off getting a 38R and shortening the sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                    Honestly, the body looks too tight and a couple of inches too short. The sleeve length is right, though.

I think you might be better off getting a 38R and shortening the sleeves.
                    I agree with this for the most part, but I would say the chest/waist fit looks to be pretty good. The fact that the pants are both too long and too loose aren't helping matters. You've got a case of the jacket being 2 inches too short and the pants being two inches too long. I'd recommend you size down one in the waist and two in length on the pants, or whatever length gives you just a touch of break on the pants. That'll help you appear taller, as well.

Comment

I would also say medium based on the length. Large looks too long in the body.

Comment

I've had the sleeves altered so at least that's ok. It does feel a little snug, which is why I'm wondering why I've read if you can fit a fist it's too big. The pants have been altered too! I'll chalk this up as tuition. I'm not too picky and will still wear this as it's better than where I was. Thanks for the constructive criticism. My album is at -18..haha. I guess people hate selfies. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          Medium seems to fit well with just a t-shirt. How does it feel to move around in? The large just seems big all over but could feel better to actually wear.
                          Thank you for the input.

The medium feels fine to move around in. Definitely feels fitted, not tight, but not loose like the large does. The length could only be an issue if I raise my arms above my head (comes up above the belt line a bit), but that is not really a big deal.

The Large is for sure longer and wider than the Medium, especially in the arms (they could cover most of my hands, and fall into my palm easily). My wife says the Large looks more "cozy" than the Medium. The fit is looser, but doesn't seem to hang off of my chest. There is a slight flying-squirrel thing that happens if I raise my arms to the side.

I'm thinking the Medium might be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                            medium.
                            Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                            I would also say medium based on the length. Large looks too long in the body.
                            Thanks for the advice... I'm thinking Medium might be it. My gut was leaning this way, I've got to learn to trust it more.

Comment

[MENTION=12553]sbca[/MENTION] - I wanted to say the large looks cozy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sbca View Post
                                Need a little help with this one...

I seem to be straddling the line between Medium and Large depending on brands and fit. I just picked up a Lambswool-blend cardigan from Gap (the one referenced on the main site recently) and cannot decide witch size is more appropriate fit-wise. I have a rough idea, but wanted to throw it out to the masses.

Here is the Medium:

Here is the Large:

Medium

Comment

Working...
                                X