This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
    Like the thread says "how does this fit?" The jacket is a large chino blazer from J Crew Factory which I had tailored to bring in the waist and shorten the sleeves.

Looks great to me.

Comment

Alright Gents, let's hear your opinions on the OTR fit of this JCF Thompson suit coat (pictured with dark jeans, as I'm waiting for the pants to go on sale):
      http://imgur.com/a/waqbg

Comment

Needs to have the waist let out but it's fine Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Needs to have the waist let out but it's fine Danny.
          That X at the waist is a giveaway that it's a bit too tight. Problem is that the length is right on, so sizing up may be a problem... I agree with LosRockets.

Comment

Worth trying to adjust the button slightly with a tailor to let the waist breath a tiny bit?

Comment

It's more than a tiny bit IMO.

Comment

So is there anything to be done? Worth trying to return and size up?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                  So is there anything to be done? Worth trying to return and size up?
                  He had the waist taken in. So it could be taken back out. Even taken out it would be too short for my liking. I do see people dressed just like this all the time though. It's not inherently wrong.
                  My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

I recently ordered some non-raw jeans. All of them cost about $75 each. Trying to decide which, if any, I should return based on quality and fit. I do not have any other pairs of jeans at the moment.

1 x Bonobos, Flatiron Premium Denim, Slim, Dark Rinse, 28x30

2 x Lucky Brand, Italian Denim, 121 Heritage Slim, Port Macquaire, 28x30

Any opinions? Thanks.

Comment

Hey guys,
                      This is my first post in this forum, so I'll just get right down to business.
                      I purchased this navy cotton blazer in a sale at H&M (Yeah, I know) the other day for the meager cost of 20$. As with any other H&M Jacket, the tail is EXTREMELY short, and the jacket is half lined with poly (sleeves). I'm quite afraid it might be a bit small on me, but I tried to size up and the shoulders didn't fit, so I just went with this one. But all in all, I think that for 20$ this is pretty solid, and will be quite useful in the future. What do you guys think?
                      [IMG] [/IMG]

P.S. Sorry for the ghetto pictures, my mirrors are not placed so comfortably in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by DenimJeans View Post
                        Hey guys,
                        This is my first post in this forum, so I'll just get right down to business.
                        I purchased this navy cotton blazer in a sale at H&M (Yeah, I know) the other day for the meager cost of 20$. As with any other H&M Jacket, the tail is EXTREMELY short, and the jacket is half lined with poly (sleeves). I'm quite afraid it might be a bit small on me, but I tried to size up and the shoulders didn't fit, so I just went with this one. But all in all, I think that for 20$ this is pretty solid, and will be quite useful in the future. What do you guys think?
                        [IMG] [/IMG]

P.S. Sorry for the ghetto pictures, my mirrors are not placed so comfortably in the house.
                        It’s a bit short, but not much as your fingers should be able to wrap around the bottom of the jacket. I think you’re proportionally longer in the torso. Casual blazers are being worn shorter at the moment. Being H&M it won’t last more than a season or two anyway. If you keep it with jeans and chinos you should be fine.

Comment

Hey guys just wanted to post a pic from the other night before heading out on the town with the lady. I feel the sleeves on this blazer are still a tad long, looking for some feedback. Cheers

http://imgur.com/LneVe7F

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                            Hey guys just wanted to post a pic from the other night before heading out on the town with the lady. I feel the sleeves on this blazer are still a tad long, looking for some feedback. Cheers

http://imgur.com/LneVe7F
                            I feel that would be a good length for shirts. I'd pick out your favorite sleeve length shirt when going to the tailor to get this jacket adjusted.

Comment

Folks, I picked up this "100% wool" DKNY navy suit for not much at all $149 CAD out the door after taxes (about $112 USD) as it was end season and there were only a few sizes left. Photos show me in a 36S (please excuse the silly shirt). I get that the style may not be for everyone and I think the top button may be a bit higher than it should be but I currently do not own any suit at all and I am on a budget and I have an excuse to wear one in a couple months. I plan on shortening the sleeves, hemming and tapering the pants. Could I get some feedback on the fit of the jacket from any of you guys? I tried a JCF Thompson 36S and the shoulders seemed to be too wide and was also more so to me this a better fit.

Last edited by Amesbury; September 3, 2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

The sleeves are long and the buttons could be an issue when shortening. Hopefully just sewn on and no faux-holes. The back could us a little work from a tailor so it is not as tight. Pants look fine other than hemming the pants to a length you like. Other than those small things, I think you got a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X