X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    Which fit is this anyway?
    This is the Fitzgerald fit (as correctly identified by Jamie).

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    It may end up being an ill fit from Brooks Brothers to where you need a 1 size smaller suit. It looks like a Fitz and they have every numbered size for that particular one.
    Yup, lesson learned. From now on, I'm going to ALWAYS try everything a size smaller, and compare short/ regular, and different fits. You just don't know whether you can trust the advice/ opinion of the sales person.

Hopefully, my tailor can salvage it, otherwise it'll be a very expensive lesson.

Comment

My wife just bought me 4 slim fit shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. What's your opinion on the fit- especially the cut and sleeve length? I've worn two, but may try and exchange the other two.

http://i.imgur.com/YVvwrUF.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
        My wife just bought me 4 slim fit shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. What's your opinion on the fit- especially the cut and sleeve length? I've worn two, but may try and exchange the other two.
        It looks fine to me, although the sleeves might be a touch short. Most of my sleeves are like that, and they're fine. Lately, however, I've been sizing up an inch and throwing shirts through the dryer. You might consider exchanging the other two for a slightly longer sleeve--then you'll know for sure which length you prefer. And if the new shirt ends up too long, a tailor can easily shorten the sleeves by a half inch.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
          It looks fine to me, although the sleeves might be a touch short. Most of my sleeves are like that, and they're fine. Lately, however, I've been sizing up an inch and throwing shirts through the dryer. You might consider exchanging the other two for a slightly longer sleeve--then you'll know for sure which length you prefer. And if the new shirt ends up too long, a tailor can easily shorten the sleeves by a half inch.
          +1. The CT sleeves definitely shrink in the dryer. As with haircuts, it's easier to make things shorter than longer.

Comment

Originally posted by nodeal View Post

http://i.imgur.com/YVvwrUF.jpg
            I'm curious - are you considering having them trimmed around the waist? I've got shirts that fit me similarly around the middle and I'm always curious whether I should have them taken in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
              I'm curious - are you considering having them trimmed around the waist? I've got shirts that fit me similarly around the middle and I'm always curious whether I should have them taken in.
              I think it looks great in the waist. Shirts are supposed to have a little bit of room down there for ease of movement. Otherwise you shirt will become untucked when you bend at the waist. I don't think shirts are supposed to have perfectly smooth lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
                Yes. I've lost weight and I'm trying to move away from all my baggy "traditional fit" shirts to more modern and flattering cuts. I was disappointed that this shirt still balloons a little at the sides, but much more so in the back.

CT sells an extra slim, so I was wondering if people thought that would be a better option. After looking at it some more, I think the extra slim may be too tight around my biceps, so I think I'll just stick with the slims.

Comment

blue blazer fit

I always wear a 40 regular for suits and jackets. However this is a slim fit from BR factory store, and the 40 was so tight I could barely get the button fastened. Although I never size up, I decided to do so here and got a 42R... and now it feels too big. What would you suggest here? Shorten the arms, take in the waist? Is this a lost cause?

Or is this just how a blue blazer is supposed to look - I'm used to a herringbone sportscoat, this is my first non-suit blue blazer? Any help appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: here's how my normal blazer fits, it's a "tailored fit" instead of slim fit

Last edited by Northerner; July 9, 2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

So, not really "how does this fit?", because I know the answer is "poorly", but more "How do I fix this?"

[IMG][/IMG]

I usually wear a Large in JCF blazers, but this one, the Linen, seems too big. Obviously, I have to fix the sleeves and the waist, but is that even going to be enough? It seems to pass the shoulder test, but the chest looks too big. Can a tailor fix this, do I need to size down, or just give up on this cut?

Comment

Side view of Jacket is good, but otherwise sleeves don't to be right, too much wrinkles and seems like out of size totally
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

So, went to Nordstrom and BR the other day. Tried on Bonobos Slim Chino 36 x 30 too snug and 38 x 30 too loose. Tried on Aiden fit and 36 x 30 was awesome. So awesome in fact, I thought I'd tried on the Emerson, not the Aiden. Didn't feel snug or "slim" at all. Thought Aiden was slimmer than Bonobos (given other posts), perhaps being 36's changes how they seat through the thigh? Comments?

Comment

Arm lengths of blue blazer need to be shortened a little

Comment

Fit check please on Combat Gent suit, slim, 36S, charcoal.
                            I'm 5'7'', 145lbs, average/slim build.

http://imgur.com/a/5fyBm

Comment

Jacket is fits well, looks really good

Comment

Short, maybe a little tight in the waist. Shoulders dont look very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X