This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION], yes. But some don't mind. it is definitely short though.
    k thanks...if it's bothering me this much and it's noticeably short, it's going back. shame, it really covered a need (lighter grey wool blazer that can be worn year round). guess i'll stick to my cord blazer more for now and hope suitsupply releases a grey blazer soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
      k thanks...if it's bothering me this much and it's noticeably short, it's going back. shame, it really covered a need (lighter grey wool blazer that can be worn year round). guess i'll stick to my cord blazer more for now and hope suitsupply releases a grey blazer soon...
      What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        What is it?
        oh, it's the bonobos unconstructed wool blazer from the front page's best blazers of spring list. amazing material, fit and construction. but i have some blazers i consider slightly chopped and barely wearable...and these are a full 1.5 inches shorter than those....

Comment

New Suit Supply jacket. Ordered a size down which I should get next week but thinking sleeves and slight waist adjustment and this would be perfect. Also see what they can do about the slight ripple between the shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            New Suit Supply jacket. Ordered a size down which I should get next week but thinking sleeves and slight waist adjustment and this would be perfect. Also see what they can do about the slight ripple between the shoulders.

I agree... a little waist suppression and a slight adjustment on the sleeves and it looks to be a very good fit. I think the shoulders look good.

Comment

Thanks. Some of the wrinkles are the linen/silk/wool fabric but I am loving the lapels. SS went a little overboard with the 3-2 roll, ticket pocket, peak lapels, and a brighter blue but I will take it.

Comment

I agree with DT. Few small adjustments and that will fit perfectly. I really like the fabric of that jacket as well.

Comment

Yeah. I concur. That jacket looks pretty great, btw. I'm extremely jealous; I wish I could get anywhere near that sort of OTR fit with SuitSupply cuts. The Napoli is the only thing that I can work with from them...and they don't offer any blazers/sport coats in the Napoli fit.

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/LsyZC#7JtdWGC

New Suit. I have lopsided shoulders /:

Comment

Gap twill blazer in medium-tall. What do you think--worth keeping? If so, any alterations necessary (other than shortening the sleeves)?

It seems like pictures don't always work when I post them, so here's a link to the album, just in case:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cjpg

Comment

Other than the sleeves, I think it's a solid fit and worth keeping.

Comment

Just got the SS Navy Havana Blazer. Never posted one of these on here before, so here goes. Fits great in the shoulders, but was curious to see what you guys think of the length? Is this too short, passable? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I think it is a little short but that is how mine is. The alternative is go with a Long but the the sleeves will be an issue with the working button holes. Some things people forget to mention on fit are: collar gap when moving around, the back, and sometimes the chest area. How are those?

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - thanks for the feedback. This is a 42R, i actually ordered and tried on the 42L, but already have it boxed up because of the working button holes issue. Probably more ideal length, but the sleeves were a no go. The back of the jacket nearly covers my entire backside, it's within a 1/2-1 inch. Will have to check on collar gap...initially didn't notice anything. How do you typically test for that?

Comment

[MENTION=12077]DapperedHoo[/MENTION] - My recent purchase of a 42L needed the sleeve shortened at the shoulder and it seems to be taking the tailor a while to accomplish this task. As for collar gap, look it up to get a specific reason why it happens but here is my experience. Say you lift your arms up or move them around normally, how does your jacket collar react? In my cheaper jackets it moves away from my shirt collar. A lot of people with poor fitting jackets have this problem. On my jackets that fit good, the collar almost seems glued to my shirt.

The pictures are dark so it is hard to figure out any tightness issues on your pictures but it seems like a good fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X