Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a suit jacket that fits basically just like that 42 does on you. I like it, and it's pretty sleek, but it pulls some across the shoulders, like that one, and it's just on the edge of being too small, but still technically isn't.

I think you might get more mileage out of the 44, tailored at the waist, and be more comfortable wearing it.

Comment

[MENTION=13627]mah[/MENTION] I think the 42 looks good, to be honest. Does it feel constricting? Only place it looked like it might be snug is around the shoulders, but if you feel comfortable I wouldn't size up- the 42 of the rack looks pretty good.

Comment

[MENTION=13627]mah[/MENTION], to preface my remarks, I am a traditionalist. So take what i say with that in mind. To my view, the jacket is a little too short. If I were you, I might tempted to try a 42L. Ideally, a jacket should cover just slightly more of your crotch and backside than this one does. You can tell, also, by where the hem comes relative to your palm. It is borderline, though, and you may prefer a shorter jacket, but I'd be interested in seeing what a Long looks like.

Comment

I was purchasing some socks in Marshall's and this Calvin Klein linen jacket caught my eye. This is a 38R. Any thoughts on the fit (or jacket itself)? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Bought this jacket at a pretty deep discount from Banana Republic. It's a 42R and I think it fits pretty well off the rack. Once I get the sleeves shortened a bit, will this be the right fit?

Comment

[MENTION=13819]chowmein[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13232]Boys Husky[/MENTION] both good fits

Big fan of that linen jacket. Is it lined?

Comment

Likewise. That linen jacket is pretty money.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  [MENTION=13819]chowmein[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13232]Boys Husky[/MENTION] both good fits

Big fan of that linen jacket. Is it lined?
                  Thanks. I believe it was quarter lined (or maybe half) with a cotton lining. They had it in tan also. It was $79. I'm leaning towards going back next week to buy it.

Comment

Please help me to decide whether I should pick the Ludlow 36s blazer or 38S. odd=36s, even=38s.
                    Please ignore the sleeve length. I need to shorter almost all sleeves of my jackets. Thank you!

Comment

Comment

End of pictures.

Comment

[MENTION=13780]EagleScream[/MENTION] I would with the larger of the two. Both are going to need some work and it is easier to take away fabric. the 36 might work too but it is quite snug in the waist and chest. I think pics of the back are useful.

Comment

38s.

Comment

does this look chopped?

http://i.imgur.com/36crOhV.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION], yes. But some don't mind. it is definitely short though.

Comment

Working...
                                X