Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=13530]mstachow[/MENTION] it looks pretty good. The back view shows some pulling around your hips. If you had that seam let out a little I think it would look great.

Comment

Thank you ZCM, I had the tailors do the jacket tight because I had put on 10 lbs. of vacation weight. I've lost the weight now and just waiting for them to ship the suits to my address. I was concerned about the Jacket length, does it look okay? I didn't follow the rules with the jacket being as long as your fingers. My armani suit is just as short though... maybe it's more stylish to have it this length?

Comment

Originally posted by mstachow View Post
        Thank you ZCM, I had the tailors do the jacket tight because I had put on 10 lbs. of vacation weight. I've lost the weight now and just waiting for them to ship the suits to my address. I was concerned about the Jacket length, does it look okay? I didn't follow the rules with the jacket being as long as your fingers. My armani suit is just as short though... maybe it's more stylish to have it this length?
        The front view looks a little short, but the back view covers your bum. IMO you are fine as long as your butt is covered.

Comment

Just received this today so no tailor yet since I'm not sure to keep or not.
          How do you guys think this fits?

Spier & Mackay core grey size 36 contemporary

I think the arms could be slimmed down and the overall jacket length could be about 0.75" shorter.
          Or maybe I could return it and try their slim fit suit instead.

Thanks in advanced.

Comment

I agree with you about the jacket. To my eye it looks a little bit big. I'd consider ordering a smaller size rather than getting it tailored. Just my $0.02.
            Last edited by DocDave; March 8, 2015, 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add the word 'big' in original post

Comment

I would inquire about the measurement differences between the slim fit and contemporary.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

I received this suit from Spier and Mackay this weekend and will be taking it to the tailor tomorrow. I know the jacket needs to be taken in a fair amount, the sleeves need to be shortened a little, and the waist on the pants need to be taken in an inch or so (and obviously hemmed). I wondering what you think of the fit overall and what alterations I should consider. This is a 40R. I'm typically between a 38 and a 40 and I think that might be the case here. I think a 38 would be a little too snug. This might be just a hair big, but I think/hope it will work just fine with some tailoring. Thoughts? As an FYI, I couldn't be happier with the quality of the suit overall. I can't imagine finding anything comparable for the price ($315 USD).

Apologies for the poor picture quality...

Comment

GAP chambray shirt fit

Just bought this Gap chambray shirt on sale and am not sure about the fit. The sleeves are definitely too long. How does everything else look? I'm wondering if the armholes are too low. If I only need to shorten the sleeves, how much am I looking for that kind of alteration?

Comment

Originally posted by goodwillhinton View Post
                      Just bought this Gap chambray shirt on sale and am not sure about the fit. The sleeves are definitely too long. How does everything else look? I'm wondering if the armholes are too low. If I only need to shorten the sleeves, how much am I looking for that kind of alteration?
                      looks good except sleeve length. the price really depends on where you live. It used to cost me 20 bucks in pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys Husky View Post
                        I received this suit from Spier and Mackay this weekend and will be taking it to the tailor tomorrow. I know the jacket needs to be taken in a fair amount, the sleeves need to be shortened a little, and the waist on the pants need to be taken in an inch or so (and obviously hemmed). I wondering what you think of the fit overall and what alterations I should consider. This is a 40R. I'm typically between a 38 and a 40 and I think that might be the case here. I think a 38 would be a little too snug. This might be just a hair big, but I think/hope it will work just fine with some tailoring. Thoughts? As an FYI, I couldn't be happier with the quality of the suit overall. I can't imagine finding anything comparable for the price ($315 USD).

Apologies for the poor picture quality...
                        The jacket looks big in a couple areas but it is worth going to a tailor and see if they could do something then weigh the costs vs. returning it for something else. The back has a lot of extra material is why I say this.

Comment

Bought my first sportcoat for a killer deal. Ludlow sportcoat in wool fannel. This thing retailed for $320. Went for mid $200 as a good deal. I got it for final sale at $100.
                          Was mentioned in top 2014 fall sportcoats. 40R is the size shown below. Thoughts on fit? Might need to take it in a little bit from the waist?

Comment

Yeah, definitely could take a little waist suppression, but otherwise, it looks very nice! Nice pick-up.

Comment

I like it. best thing to do is take the jack to a tailor and have them pin it up. Then decide☺

Comment

Originally posted by 93millionmilesaway View Post
                                Bought my first sportcoat for a killer deal. Ludlow sportcoat in wool fannel. This thing retailed for $320. Went for mid $200 as a good deal. I got it for final sale at $100.
                                Was mentioned in top 2014 fall sportcoats. 40R is the size shown below. Thoughts on fit? Might need to take it in a little bit from the waist?
                                That actually fits pretty good, looks like the waist already has some pull judging by the button.

Now go buy some windex with those savings ( I kid you not when I first was scrolling up I thought there was a pattern on the jacket)

Comment

Working...
                                X