X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Gents,
    I'm thinking of purchasing a new suit. In the past I've always bought 42R OTR and never had any issues. My last two suits were from SuitSupply and were 42R Lazio.

When I was in Vegas, I stopped by their shop and the sales clerk put me in a 40L Napoli. What are your thoughts on these? Thanks.

Or

Both look good. I prefer the first one though. [emoji6] they are a tad short in the sleeves but that is an easy fix.
    Last edited by zcm; February 26, 2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Trying to dial in my ludlow suit measurements. Can't decide if the 38R works; I'm definitely closer to a 36 in the shoulders but the sleeves are way too short. Worried even in all R-sizes that its too cropped.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
        Trying to dial in my ludlow suit measurements. Can't decide if the 38R works; I'm definitely closer to a 36 in the shoulders but the sleeves are way too short. Worried even in all R-sizes that its too cropped.

The sleeves are a little short. The tail is covering your bum, which is what you want. It looks like you have some lanky arms which is why you may think that the jacket isn't long enough. I don't think the curled fingers test really applies to dudes like you.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
          The sleeves are a little short. The tail is covering your bum, which is what you want. It looks like you have some lanky arms which is why you may think that the jacket isn't long enough. I don't think the curled fingers test really applies to dudes like you.
          Yeah, my arms are like 35's and most things that fit everywhere else are 33-34 inches. Bleh.

Comment

[MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION] thanks for the comments.
            [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] I agree that the sleeves might be bit short, which is why I was wondering/thinking that a 42R might be a better fit. Hmm....

Damn you SuitSupply. Why can't you open up a shop closer to my home!

Comment

So I have to get some of my shirt sleeves tailored but first I want to make sure I have the perfect length on my blazer sleeves, looking for some thoughts and feedback on the sleeve length on these 3 blazers which you guys think is the best out of the 3, Ideally I want the blazer sleeve to hit right at about the wrist bone, correct? And then my shirt sleeves to hit right before my palm allowing about 0.5" of shirt cuff to be shown outside my blazer.. leaving enough room for some of my watch to be exposed.

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/fppyb

Comment

I think you want jacket 1 copied for sleeve length with a little shirt poking out. 0.5" is a lot of shirt for some people but I like that. Jacket 2 when holding the phone looks ok then a little long without the phone. Finally jacket 3 I think looks a little long as is the shirt. I try for shirt to end of wrist and jacket a little up from that.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  I think you want jacket 1 copied for sleeve length with a little shirt poking out. 0.5" is a lot of shirt for some people but I like that. Jacket 2 when holding the phone looks ok then a little long without the phone. Finally jacket 3 I think looks a little long as is the shirt. I try for shirt to end of wrist and jacket a little up from that.
                  When you're saying long for 2 and 3 do you mean sleeve length or the jacket length in general? I feel like the white linen blazer has the shortest sleeves of the 3

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    I think you want jacket 1 copied for sleeve length with a little shirt poking out.
                    +1.

Jacket 3 looks too long to me. 2 looks short, but it's somewhat hard to tell because of the shirt you're wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                      +1.

Jacket 3 looks too long to me. 2 looks short, but it's somewhat hard to tell because of the shirt you're wearing.
                      You're referring to just the sleeve length correct? Yes I know the shirts underneath sleeves need to be altered that's why im trying to go in with the blazer sleeves at the proper length before I have the sleeves tailored for the dress shirts im going to be wearing underneath. I actually had both the navy and brown herringbone blazer tailored at the same time from the same tailor at the same exact measurement.

Comment

Sorry for the vagueness. The jackets all look correct in length. The sleeves seem to vary. Jacket #1 is spot on. Jacket #2 looks fine in the bathroom pictures but the angle in the bedroom pictures make the sleeves look longer. Maybe it is a before/after type thing?

Since we can see the back of jacket #2, there is some extra fabric near the arm pits. I have a couple of jackets like this and some people it bothers, some not, but a proper fitting jacket shouldn't have this. A tailor may be able to help or it just might be that jacket. I would put this down the line of things to worry about unless the fabric back there was out of hand which would probably mean the suit is too big for you. On jacket I have like this was a cheap Alfani Red suit from Macy's that I am in between sizes on but had to buy it for a wedding...I hardly wear it.

Jacket #3 has a couple of items that may bother you, may not. You get the subtle X pattern at the button. I have this on a jacket and don't worry too much but sometimes people point this out. The sleeves look like they could be a touch long but it could be the dress shirt throwing off the look as the sleeves go to your palm a bit. One other thing it may have but is hard to tell is bowing of the lapel. I am not versed it what that means or how to fix it but the jacket may have some of that. I think it is too tight of a chest maybe?

Also don't take these all to heart like everything is bad. TBH you could not change a thing and be ok with how they look. If you wear the jacket and think, the sleeves feel too long or too short, that is when I fix things, otherwise I have a general tolerance up to about 0.5" for things. but some people are less and adjust for 0.25" which is very marginal.

Comment

Yes, just referring to the sleeve length. And it's certainly possible that the shirt under the navy blazer makes it look longer. (My earlier comment about the shirts was in reference to the fact that you're wearing v-neck undershirts in 1 and 2, not in reference to the shirt in 3.)

Comment

album

tried on a ludlow cotton sportcoat in-store. This is a 36R. Thoughts? It's maybe a hair big in the shoulders, but due to two fractured growth plates this is something I may just have to live with.. I have this problem with all jackets. Wanted some second opinions, though!

Sorry for the lighting.

Comment

[MENTION=13462]nova[/MENTION] - Sleeves are a touch long but other than that it looks good.

Comment

I just got a suit tailored and want to know what everyone thinks of the fit? The only modifications I have made were adding a buttonhole and sleeves shorted 1/2 inch from these pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X