This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlot View Post
    I've had my heart set on this navy Hanava SS blazer for a while. I'm a 36s in JCrew, but after studying the sizing charts for this thing I concluded I'm probably a 34R since the Suitsupply's 36S is somehow much baggier than the 36R. Unfortunately they only had 32R and 36R in stock. I went with the 36 based on the customer service rep's suggestion and just got it in the mail today:

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/Vdinj/embed"></iframe>

Link in case the above doesn't work: http://imgur.com/a/Vdinj

The sleeves are too long by about an inch and I'm scared to take them to a tailor to shorten them since the buttonholes are functional. Also, I'm not sure about the fit as the shoulders seem fine but the midsection does seem a tad roomy/not as tailored as I'm used to. What do you guys think?

Should I:
    - Keep this and get the sleeves shortened
    - Try a size 32 and see if it fits
    - Wait until next winter for them to restock this in 34

This is a grail piece that I've been saving up for and is literally the nicest piece of clothing I've ever owned so I really want to make sure it fits me perfectly, but at the same time I'd be pretty sad if I had to give up on it...
    Have you tried a 36S for comparison? How do you know the 36S is baggier? I think a shorter jacket (in length and sleeve) would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      Have you tried a 36S for comparison? How do you know the 36S is baggier? I think a shorter jacket (in length and sleeve) would be better.
      According to the measurements on the website, the 36S is half an inch bigger in the chest and one and a half inches bigger in the waist vs. the 36R. IMO the proportions would look pretty bad on me because I'm short and skinny. Anyways it's a moot point because all the S sizes are sold out.

I've decided to send this back and order a 32 just to try, and if that doesn't work I'll wait for them to stock 34. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

Stopped by to take a look at the camel hair sport coats and they only have classic fit and 38R is as small as they go. I wasn't sure about the shoulder width so I passed for now. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          Stopped by to take a look at the camel hair sport coats and they only have classic fit and 38R is as small as they go. I wasn't sure about the shoulder width so I passed for now. What do you guys think?

Arms and armholes look a little big, but a tailor could probably fix that. Try a size down and see how it feels.

Comment

Ideally I would size down but they don't make it any smaller. I am thinking I will pick one up and swing it by a tailor to see. Was a pretty good deal but if I can't use it, it is still money wasted. The shoulders are always what I watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post

What's your usual size? I own two of these. Got my normal size. Tailor definetely had to take in sides but they look great now. I love em

Comment

38r usually and that is what this is. Smallest they make. I think for the price they are now it will be worth it

Comment

What do you guys think of this?

I'm thinking about wearing it to prom but I'm not sure about the fit and unsure about tailoring as it's a weird waled cotton material.
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I think it is good enough for prom as is, personally. But with your hand in your pocket and the way your body is turned it is tough to judge the jacket length or the shoulder width. Of course, this is a perfect example of how a "perfect fit" isnt really worth chasing. In real life you are never standing in a way to display the difference from great fit to perfect fit.

EDIT - I think if it were something I was keeping for a while i might have the waist suppressed a little and the sleeve length reduced.

Comment

Hi guys - first post. Go easy on me. How do you feel about this new jacket I picked up at BR? Is it a touch too tight around the buttons? I think the sleeves should be taken up a bit, yeah? Ignore the undershirt - just what I had on at the moment.

Photos on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...k0&usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by as9934 View Post
                        Arms and armholes look a little big, but a tailor could probably fix that. Try a size down and see how it feels.
                        How can you tell the armholes look big from those pics?

Comment

[MENTION=13494]Strygun[/MENTION], sleeves are definitely too long. I wouldn't worry about the waist (the pulling is barely there, and it may be a result of your raised arm).

Comment

[MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION], thanks for the input!

Comment

Gents,
                              I'm thinking of purchasing a new suit. In the past I've always bought 42R OTR and never had any issues. My last two suits were from SuitSupply and were 42R Lazio.

When I was in Vegas, I stopped by their shop and the sales clerk put me in a 40L Napoli. What are your thoughts on these? Thanks.

Or

Comment

Shoulders look good in both pics, but the lighter blue has some unflattering pulling IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X