This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bahales View Post
    Hi, I'd love you opinion on whether or not this vest is too short. Got is on sale from J Crew. Only available in small, medium, etc, not numbered sizes. They're all sold out now, so it's either this or nothing. Thanks!

I think it looks good man, I own a couple ludlow vests from JC im 5'8 145 and wear a S i like them to fit a bit snug and hit just above my belt buckle

Comment

• Vestwise, I think that it is better to get a longer size and then have it tailored and actually be the right length. That does look a lot better than I have seen some manikins dress, however, the visible gap that shows the shirt is less than ideal. It looks a little bit sloppy. Just a little bit. If you were to have your shirt untucked, that would be much too sloppy. That is, it is an ok fit, but not perfect.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies! Seems like I need a 37(R) likely or something close.

Comment

• Not the best picture but I'm only concerned about the shoulder fit. This is a Combatant Gentlemen topcoat and my arm is at my side. Are the shoulders too big?

http://i.imgur.com/SCDf8IZ.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by VeNOM View Post
            Not the best picture but I'm only concerned about the shoulder fit. This is a Combatant Gentlemen topcoat and my arm is at my side. Are the shoulders too big?

http://i.imgur.com/SCDf8IZ.jpg
            Anyone? I need to know whether to return this later today with the wrong order they sent me.

Comment

Anyone? I need to know whether to return this later today with the wrong order they sent me.
              It's too hard for me to tell from that photo whether the shoulders fit. It could be a little too big from what I see here, but without seeing where your natural shoulder would be, that's a shot in the dark. As a general rule, I give topcoats a lot more leeway with how they fit since there will likely be items of varying thickness layered underneath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                It's too hard for me to tell from that photo whether the shoulders fit. It could be a little too big from what I see here, but without seeing where your natural shoulder would be, that's a shot in the dark. As a general rule, I give topcoats a lot more leeway with how they fit since there will likely be items of varying thickness layered underneath.
                I should add some context. Under the topcoat I was wearing a suit to test the fit. Everything else fits how I expect it to. The shoulder does stick out from my natural shoulder. I run my hand along my arm and you notice it curves outward. It's also more padded than I am use to so maybe that's the reason? Usually the issue I run into is that shoulders are too small so this was odd.

Comment

• From what I can see, the shoulder doesn't look crazy out of whack. Maybe a little big, but not super noticeable. If you spent a ton of money on it and it makes you uncomfortable or self-conscious, then send it back. If not, it doesn't look like a deal-breaker to me, particularly if you're happy with the fit otherwise.

Comment

From what I can see, the shoulder doesn't look crazy out of whack. Maybe a little big, but not super noticeable. If you spent a ton of money on it and it makes you uncomfortable or self-conscious, then send it back. If not, it doesn't look like a deal-breaker to me, particularly if you're happy with the fit otherwise.
                    So the issue turns out not to be shoulder size at all. The Combatant Gentlemen tailor mentioned the armhole is cut a bit too high for me causing the divot. A bigger size won't fix this. So the question is, is this a deal-breaker?

Comment

So the issue turns out not to be shoulder size at all. The Combatant Gentlemen tailor mentioned the armhole is cut a bit too high for me causing the divot. A bigger size won't fix this. So the question is, is this a deal-breaker?
                      I've seen better so if you haven't tried on 1001 of them, continue with your quest!

Comment

• Hi guys,
                        I recently acquired a sport coat but I feel like the shoulder is a tad big for me, do you think I should size down one size? Usually I wear 36 for jacket and this coat is a size 36, if I size down then it's gonna be 34

normal stance

arm up - clear break at the shoulder

against the wall, pardon my dirty mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by DukeTN View Post
                          Hi guys,
                          I recently acquired a sport coat but I feel like the shoulder is a tad big for me, do you think I should size down one size? Usually I wear 36 for jacket and this coat is a size 36, if I size down then it's gonna be 34
                          Yeah, it looks a little big to me - especially in the sleeves, but also in the shoulders. Are the sleeves functional? If so, you definitely need to size down.

Comment

Yeah, it looks a little big to me - especially in the sleeves, but also in the shoulders. Are the sleeves functional? If so, you definitely need to size down.
                            The sleeve is non functional so that could work, but the main concern is the shoulder.
                            Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DukeTN View Post
                              Hi guys,

normal stance

arm up - clear break at the shoulder

against the wall, pardon my dirty mirror.
                              Yeah, shoulder too wide.

And next time post full-body length photo

Comment

• So, I picked up a Thompson. The pants (32x34) will be perfect once I have the inseam let out. I'm not sure about the jackets. Ideally, there would be a 38L, but there's not, so I got the 40L.

What do you think--does the jacket fit well enough to be tailored, or should I take it back?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg

Comment

Working...
                                X