Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 6'5" you definitely need a long size, so I would rule out the 38R. Does the 40L fit in the shoulders and chest? You could always get the 40L taken in at the sides, but I wouldn't keep it if the shoulders are too big (shoulder into wall test).

Comment

The 38R definitely fits better around the shoulder and is more tailored to your body. I personally don't think a little X will affect you that much, considering it's the current trend (apparently). I personally have a very minimal x. The 40L looks big on you, sleeves are a bit long too, shoulder's aren't tight enough but the length seems more appropriate, as I don't think the 38R will fully cover your rear. I think only shorter people can pull off the look where their jacket doesn't completely cover their rear to make them look taller, but you def need the L. The 40L doesn't look bad, but maybe if you took it to the tailor they can tighten it up a little for you?

Comment

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Help me figure out which suit jacket to keep. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs.

A) 40r - slim fit

B) 38r - slim fit

C) 38r - regular fit

D) none of the above
        Last edited by Wahoo1997; December 9, 2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

A little hard to tell. IMO the 40 slim and 38 regular both look ok. Definitely not the 38 slim.
          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Wahoo1997 View Post
            Help me figure out which suit jacket to keep. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs.

A) 40r - slim fit

B) 38r - slim fit

C) 38r - regular fit

D) none of the above
            40R looks more natural on you

Comment

Suppress waist?
              Shoulders too big? I think they are borderline, but I know I am a terrible judge of fit.

Comment

[MENTION=12319]Wahoo1997[/MENTION], I think everything on the jacket fit looks great.
                By the way, good pairing with the trousers.

Comment

Thank you. Both the trousers (BR) and the jacket (JAB) were thrifted.

The tie (Hermes) was a gift.

Comment

Thoughts on this cable cardigan from JC, I normally go with a S in the wool sweaters/cardigans but I got a good deal on this and its cotton and feels quite stretchy, this is an XS.. what do you guys think of the fit is it too small?

http://imgur.com/a/Jhd94

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                      Thoughts on this cable cardigan from JC, I normally go with a S in the wool sweaters/cardigans but I got a good deal on this and its cotton and feels quite stretchy, this is an XS.. what do you guys think of the fit is it too small?

I think it looks fine as long as you are comfortable in it.

Comment

Looks perfect!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Looks good. Good pickup!

Comment

JCF Gray Herringbone Sportcoat in 40r. Something about the fit feels a bit off. The collar seems to stand a little and not stay flat. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by 93millionmilesaway View Post

JCF Gray Herringbone Sportcoat in 40r. Something about the fit feels a bit off. The collar seems to stand a little and not stay flat. Thoughts?
                                From those pics, I think it looks pretty good. I just got this jacket in brown and also found the fit to be "off" from my other JCF jackets (charcoal Thompson, navy cotton pique, and seersucker). Unlike those, the herringbone isn't listed as a slim fit. For me, I exchanged it for a size down and it fit much better. Not sure if that's an option for you—it looks like it fits pretty well in the shoulders—but that was my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X