This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12969]ISN[/MENTION]
    Sleeves look about a bit too short but you may have uneven shoulders upon closer inspection, the 1st photo really makes it look like you have had a shoulder injury, left side of photo looks like your shoulder is 1/2 an inch out from the start of the arm but the right side looks perfect. Blue looks like it fits better, so I'd wash both and see.
    You might just have really developed delts for your neck size and will run in to these issues and need to hunt down a fit that has wider shoulders for that neck.

Might want to measure from your neck to end of shoulder on both sides to see if there's a difference, as it will affect the fit of everything.

Comment

Hey guys, So I have been trying to incorporate a jean jacket into my wardrobe.. Im struggling with how it should be worn or how its supposed to fit, I managed to pick this one up at J.Crew today in a dark rinse for $37 which I thought was a pretty solid deal so I scooped it.. this is a size S wondering what you guys think on the fit is it supposed to fit shorted above my belt should I try an XS or something maybe I can alter at a tailor what are your guys thoughts again Iam not sure in terms of style how they are supposed to be worn and the length etc.. http://imgur.com/a/nAshH

Cheers

Comment

is my jacket too long? note that I'm 5'10 but my dress shirt sleeve size is 32 which might make it seem that my jacket is long

Comment

[MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION] - It doesn't look too long. The sleeves could be shortened a bit though.
          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
            [MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION] - It doesn't look too long. The sleeves could be shortened a bit though.

here are more views from a better angle.

Comment

[MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION] - from those angles I would say it looks great. Not too long at all. The sleeves also look good in those new pictures.

Comment

[MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION] - from those angles I would say it looks great. Not too long at all. The sleeves also look good in those new pictures.
                do they? I was told that it should show 1/4-1/2" of my shirt, but I guess my tailor decided this was the more conserve look... Maybe I should get it retailored? You really think it looks fine if I just leave it like this?

Comment

Yes, your tailor is right - 1/4 - 1/2 of shirt sleeve should show.

Comment

Yes, your tailor is right - 1/4 - 1/2 of shirt sleeve should show.
                    nooo I meant I read that online, but he didn't do this :/

Comment

At the end of the day it is personal preference. The traditional standard is to show some cuff but some people don't. Check out this article from "From Squalor to Baller" http://fromsqualortoballer.com/post/...4/sleevelength

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                        [MENTION=12969]ISN[/MENTION]
                        Sleeves look about a bit too short but you may have uneven shoulders upon closer inspection, the 1st photo really makes it look like you have had a shoulder injury, left side of photo looks like your shoulder is 1/2 an inch out from the start of the arm but the right side looks perfect. Blue looks like it fits better, so I'd wash both and see.
                        You might just have really developed delts for your neck size and will run in to these issues and need to hunt down a fit that has wider shoulders for that neck.

Might want to measure from your neck to end of shoulder on both sides to see if there's a difference, as it will affect the fit of everything.
                        Yea I think I'm gonna go that when I get back.
                        Thanks to everyone that helped out. I think I'm just going to keep these. Despite reading about these shirts shrinking quite a bit in the collars.

Comment

Too big?

Comment

Yeah, shoulders look a tad big

Comment

shoulders may be a 1-2 size too large, and the waist def needs to be taken in

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new around here and I need a second (and third) opinion. I jumped on the JCF Black Friday sale and picked up a Navy Thompson suit in two different sizes and I'm trying to decide which to keep. The pants are pretty much perfect but the jacket is causing problems... The first is a 38R and the second is a 40L. I think the 38R is the better fit overall, but there looks like some slight 'x'ing (is that something that a tailor can fix?) and it is a bit short and the 40L is long enough, but doesn't feel right anywhere else. A 38L would be ideal, but I guess there aren't enough guys like me...*sigh* the trials of being 6'5" and 190lb. Anyway I'd love to see what you all think before I make my decision.

The 38R

The 40L

Comment

Working...
                                X