X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kozak View Post
    Hey Guys,

I need some advice regarding a fit of a JCF suit. I tried the jacket in 40R and 42R and to me it looks like the 42 is a bit too large but the 40 is to small. The price is terrific right now and I am thinking that tailoring the 42 jacket will improve the look, unfortunately there is quite a bit of shoulder divot in both sizes and that is not going to get better.

42:

42:

40:
    Definitely the 42. The 40 looks not just a little small but downright tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Luaks View Post
      http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...70mqh59xdj.jpg
      I just bought these trousers and I'm not sure if they are too short or slim or not. I know that the arms of the Jacket are a little bit too long, i will fix that soon! Any thoughts on the outfit, too? I just put it on quickly, so the knot is not even close to perfect...

Thanks in advance guys!

I just noticed that my feet look huge
      Did u get the pant slim and taper by a tailor? If u try to sit down to a squad position the seam by your butt will tear.
      The outfit fit you great.

Comment

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

found this at a banana Republic factory store tonight. suit jacket and pants 100% wool totalling $185. here's the jacket fit

pants need to be slightly hemmed and sleeves need to be too. any other blatant fallacies?
        Last edited by jayashae; November 28, 2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Shoulders look pretty good from the front, but off from the back (bit wide). With tailoring it'll be over $200 for your suit. If you're happy with the suit itself, go tailor it. Its getting harder and harder to find good wool suits under $200, JCP has some. JCF have priced themselves out of this range. I don't like the low armholes on the suit you purchased but those sorts of details are usually found in more expensive suits. If you're open to Ebaying a suit (if you know your measurements and are okay w/ gently used) I am confident you can get a great suit - but that requires patience and a lot of knowledge. We're happy to help you if you go that route, but nobody would fault you for sticking w/ something you can try on in a store. Before the return policy runs out on that suit I'd encourage you to stop by JCPenney and check out their selection - may even be cheaper and fit better.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
            Shoulders look pretty good from the front, but off from the back (bit wide). With tailoring it'll be over $200 for your suit. If you're happy with the suit itself, go tailor it. Its getting harder and harder to find good wool suits under $200, JCP has some. JCF have priced themselves out of this range. I don't like the low armholes on the suit you purchased but those sorts of details are usually found in more expensive suits. If you're open to Ebaying a suit (if you know your measurements and are okay w/ gently used) I am confident you can get a great suit - but that requires patience and a lot of knowledge. We're happy to help you if you go that route, but nobody would fault you for sticking w/ something you can try on in a store. Before the return policy runs out on that suit I'd encourage you to stop by JCPenney and check out their selection - may even be cheaper and fit better.
            thank you so much for your input. I'm curious as to why the shoulders should fit from then don't but not in the back? also what would I tell my tailor to do to the back?

Comment

I think the shoulders look fine, about as good a fit as you can get OTR. The chest and waist look good. I like the lapels -- they have a nice shape, and they are not too skinny. The jacket length is a little difficult to assess on the pictures, but it looks ok in the last picture.
              I also don't like the low armholes, but there is no going around that, unless you go for a more expensive suit.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                I think the shoulders look fine, about as good a fit as you can get OTR. The chest and waist look good. I like the lapels -- they have a nice shape, and they are not too skinny. The jacket length is a little difficult to assess on the pictures, but it looks ok in the last picture.
                I also don't like the low armholes, but there is no going around that, unless you go for a more expensive suit.
                thanks for your input. I will go get the sleeves hemmed. I just figured I have at least a charcoal/grey suit in my closet, couldn't pass this one up at the price

Comment

These "extra slim fit" shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt just arrived and I feel like they're small at the shoulders. Anybody know if increasing the sleeve length on their shirts will increase the length on the shoulders. Should I send these back?
                  (Excuse the wrinkles and sweats I just wanted to check the fit =P)

Comment

Originally posted by ISN View Post
                    These "extra slim fit" shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt just arrived and I feel like they're small at the shoulders. Anybody know if increasing the sleeve length on their shirts will increase the length on the shoulders. Should I send these back?
                    (Excuse the wrinkles and sweats I just wanted to check the fit =P)
                    Interesting, I had the opposite problem, I found the ESF shirt I ordered from them had bigger shoulders than the SF shirt I ordered to compare. You could talk to their customer service, they can give you the measurements of their shirts if you want to know exactly.

Comment

Hmmm, it seems I can get larger shoulders if I go up a collar size(1/2 inch), does that 1/2 inch make a huge difference or should I just go for it?

EDIT: The more I look at it the more I start to second guess myself. Does this shirt actually fit? (Other than the roomy sleeves)
                      Last edited by ISN; December 4, 2014, 01:38 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=12969]ISN[/MENTION] They look fine to me. Do they fit well enough in the chest and arms ie can you raise your arms parallel or greater both to the sides and front without the shirt coming untucked?

I don't like an overly slim, restrictive shirt, particularly in the shoulders and upper arms. You could always get the torso tailored if you prefer a slimmer fit there.

Comment

new bonobos chino blazer

Hey all,

Got a chino blazer for Bonobos on sale the other day, unfortunately for me (6'4" and 185lb) they only sell alpha sizes in this particular item. I ordered two larges (standard and slim) plus a slim XL. The XL's shoulders are too big so here are the larges. I'm worried most about length, what do you guys think?

Large standard fit:

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf971d9b8.jpg
                          http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1cfe6a8d.jpg

Large slim fit:
                          http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscaa6e8f5.jpg
                          http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...psce4287f2.jpg
                          http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps77847e6f.jpg
                          http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a...psebf19a50.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=9567]sippyCUP[/MENTION], the slim fit is better out of the two, but the shoulders are slightly large and the jacket length is shorter than a standard blazer. It's still within the realm of keeping, if you like the style despite this, and you wear it very casually.

Comment

I'm agreeing with LCDR on this one. Thinking about buying one of the nottingham herringbones myself since its on sale and I still got a nifty 35% hookup from them. $193 for a nice blazer? yes please!

Comment

Thanks LCDR & idevarona, I think I'll keep the L slim for informal wear!

Comment

Working...
                                X