This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
    J Crew Factory's Thompson Fit blazers...how does the sizing go on the tail? I'm a short man 5'7", and it's constantly a struggle to figure out whether I need to buy a short, or a regular online.
    I am 5'7" 150. I get a S and they fit perfect.

Comment

J Crew Factory Thompson Topcoat? I am 5'10", skinny 140lbs. Usually wear a 36 suit zara. Does the same go for a topcoat or should I size up? 36 or 38?

Comment

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...70mqh59xdj.jpg
        I just bought these trousers and I'm not sure if they are too short or slim or not. I know that the arms of the Jacket are a little bit too long, i will fix that soon! Any thoughts on the outfit, too? I just put it on quickly, so the knot is not even close to perfect...

Thanks in advance guys!

I just noticed that my feet look huge
        Last edited by Luaks; November 21, 2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

JCF Thompson Corded Cotton Suit Jacket (Newport Blue), size 40L

Bought this a while ago for a few summer/spring events that I know I'll be attending next year. I'm looking at the JCF brown (or charcoal.. can't decide) herringbone sport coat and want to see if I should get the same size, size up or just bail completely. I'm 6'5''/175lbs so this is my first OTR blazer/sport coat purchase in a while. I know the sleeves are short but there is a good 1-2 inches folded under the sleeve lining, so I'm hoping I can get the sleeves let out to what I want (if not, I have a slightly shorter brother who will get this).

I know it definitely needs some tailoring, so I'm looking for any feedback I can take with me!

http://i.imgur.com/io7rL9K.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/A1m87Gs.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/2NTD9QN.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/oa0vAKH.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/l5XvZTR.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/T6BM9vh.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=12628]Luaks[/MENTION], Wow, the outfit looks pretty good. The trousers are either slightly too slim in the hips, or the rise is too low. The lower legs and the length look fine.

I think the jacket sleeves are fine... unless you want to show more cuff, but I like how it looks now. The jacket waist looks a little too snug though.

Something is off about the tie. Maybe it's just the knot, maybe I just prefer a fuller or wider tie, I'm not sure.

Overall, great outfit. (The shoes just look large because of the tapered trousers)

Comment

[MENTION=12628]Luaks[/MENTION] If you plan on wearing those trousers with a jacket most of the time I'd say they're too slim (I'm not close to a traditionalist but I do like a slightly fuller cut than what you have with my jackets). If you think you'll mostly wear it with a dress shirt or OCBD +/- a tie +/- a cardigan or sweater, I think it's fine. And yeah, narrow openings will do that to your feet.

Jacket itself seems to be pulling, as you see quite a pronounced 'x' - I'm of the mindset that a slight pull is fine if everything else looks right or it's more casual, this doesn't look like it'll be hard to fix nor will it throw off your fit/silhouette. I prefer wearing shirts that have collars large enough to tuck under the jacket lapels - LCDR, that may be what is throwing things off for you. We're just being picky, it's a fantastic combination.

Comment

Ok guys, i struggle figuring out if I am a medium or a large when it comes to sweaters. I have been getting large size for the last year and they seem to be too long in the sleeves and a bit baggy in the waist. I am 5'10 and 172lbs and fairly built. I went BR last night and tried a v neck sweater medium size and was wondering if this is the perfect fit or its too tight (aka simon cowel look). It does show my physique a bit and its kind of flattering which i like. Sweater length and sleeve length is spot on. Thoughts?

Last edited by 93millionmilesaway; November 23, 2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

You should walk around topless (no homo). I don't like what I wear to feel like a compression t-shirt (except when it is) but then again I don't have any guns, a broad chest, and all that bass.

I approve!

Comment

I like to size down for sweaters @93millionmilesway. Large sleeves usually fit better but I find that wool sweaters stretch enough to look good. With your build I would go for the medium as long as it isn't constricting in the chest upper back. If you got it flaunt it bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Luaks View Post
                      http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...70mqh59xdj.jpg
                      I just bought these trousers and I'm not sure if they are too short or slim or not. I know that the arms of the Jacket are a little bit too long, i will fix that soon! Any thoughts on the outfit, too? I just put it on quickly, so the knot is not even close to perfect...

Thanks in advance guys!

I just noticed that my feet look huge
                      Personally, I think those look great. I probably trend a little slimmer than many on these boards, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But that's what I'd shoot for, fit-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                        I like to size down for sweaters @93millionmilesway. Large sleeves usually fit better but I find that wool sweaters stretch enough to look good. With your build I would go for the medium as long as it isn't constricting in the chest upper back. If you got it flaunt it bud.
                        Thanks. Yes, I can't do it for other garments such as polos/shirts/dress shirts as i have issues with sleeve length and collar size but with sweaters I think sweaters i will go with a medium. Also no shrinkage with wool.

Comment

So I bought some chinos this weekend. BR Aidens. I typically wear a 33 waist but due to the leg sizing these are a 36. What do you guys think of the fit? The pockets are billowing a little but not too bad compared to other chinos that I've tried.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help

Comment

The JCF Thompson Tweed Sport Jacket. This thing fits dangerously well, off the rack.

I'm 5'7(on a good day), 140 pounds, and wear a size 36s jacket normally. This thing is about a hair's length from being too tight on me. If I wear a chunky sweater, it will begin to X on me. The sleeves are a perfect length off the rack, the waist is well suppressed, the length is right, but this jacket is a slim fit from the first stitch.

Size up if you plan on heavy layering.

Comment

JCF Suit fit

Hey Guys,

I need some advice regarding a fit of a JCF suit. I tried the jacket in 40R and 42R and to me it looks like the 42 is a bit too large but the 40 is to small. The price is terrific right now and I am thinking that tailoring the 42 jacket will improve the look, unfortunately there is quite a bit of shoulder divot in both sizes and that is not going to get better.

42:

42:

40:

Comment

Working...
                                X