X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pictures of the suit:

Comment

You had that shirt custom tailored? Yikes, that definitely needs some darts, or the sides taken in at a minimum. I realize you've got a large drop, but I'm sure you could've found a shirt that fits like that off the rack, and I'm guessing you didn't pay off the rack prices...

As for the suit, the pants don't look bad at all, nothing particularly noticeable anyway. The jacket on the other hand seems to have some real issues... It looks pretty nice from the front. Is it tight through the armpits? From the rear, it looks like some pulling is occurring there. Also from the side, it looks like there is a lot of extra fabric in the small of your back. I think you could get that nipped a bit.

Just curious, are the wrinkles that are visible from the shirt bunching up under the jacket? If so, then the shoulders may be too tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
        You had that shirt custom tailored? Yikes, that definitely needs some darts, or the sides taken in at a minimum. I realize you've got a large drop, but I'm sure you could've found a shirt that fits like that off the rack, and I'm guessing you didn't pay off the rack prices...

As for the suit, the pants don't look bad at all, nothing particularly noticeable anyway. The jacket on the other hand seems to have some real issues... It looks pretty nice from the front. Is it tight through the armpits? From the rear, it looks like some pulling is occurring there. Also from the side, it looks like there is a lot of extra fabric in the small of your back. I think you could get that nipped a bit.

Just curious, are the wrinkles that are visible from the shirt bunching up under the jacket? If so, then the shoulders may be too tight.
        yup, custom shirt from the same people who made the suit. i think the first picture shows it being a little looser than it actually is, because it isn't tucked in all the way. nonetheless, it could probably still benefit from some darting.

the jacket isn't tight in the armpits, i can easily do the hug test. there's some pulling over my left shoulder blade that someone suggested might be from my shirt underneath, but i'm thinking it has more to do with the jacket's construction. next time i go back, i'll need to make sure my shirt is fully tucked before throwing the jacket on, i guess. there's a good portion of extra fabric around the small of my back, but because of my large drop, i think that just goes with the territory. it was more form fitting before, but as you can see from the front, it's pulling as it is and i've had it let out little by little, three times now.

Comment

The lapel is bowing out, doesn't lay flat on the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
            The lapel is bowing out, doesn't lay flat on the chest.
            [MENTION=12507]hooligan[/MENTION], I agree with 3piece. The major issue is the lapel bowing out in the front, which is probably due to the jacket still being too tight in the waist. I know you had the jacket let out three times already, but I would try to let out the waist some more. The lapels should lie flat and smoothly on the chest, without any kinks. Second, is the wrinkling below the shoulder blades, near the armpits in the back of the jacket, more so on the left than the right, due to excess fabric. I would ask is the tailor if that can be cleaned up.

Otherwise, everything else looks satisfactory. I see what you said about the excess fabric behind the knees, but I probably would not worry about it. The trouser length looks good. Also, I think the shirt will look fine once it is tucked in properly. I am not fond of overly tight or restrictive dress shirts.

Good fit in the jacket shoulders and sleeves and jacket length!

Comment

Stafford wool suit separates
              Jacket: 46L
              Vest: L
              Pants: 42x32

For an evening wedding in SoCal in late September.

I realize now that I'm home that I should have tried a 46R jacket, but I did try a 44L and nearly tore the arms off, so the shoulders are about as close as I can get. The sleeves would need to be shortened, but what do you guys think about the torso length?

Vest is pretty close, but I'll have it pinned up.

My pants are paradoxically too small(top) and too big(below the knee) at the same time, so I think I'll have to order some 44x32 and have my tailor butcher them to make them work for me so i can avoid those pocket ears.

Comment

I'm about to finish grad school after having come right out of undergrad. So I need a few suits for interviews this coming Spring. I got a charcoal suit from Combat Gent today, and I'd welcome some feedback on how it fits.

Comment

yanagi, The length of the jacket looks okay. Everything else looks too large.

Comment

Wondering your thoughts on this combo for a semi-casual wedding.
                    Navy suit
                    light blue gingham shirt (pretty small check)
                    orange/blue tie

too much going on with the shirt and tie? I thought the outfit would look pretty good with a solid orange/camel, but I don't have one.

edit: whoa, sorry the pic is so big

Comment

I don't know if it's the tie that I don't like or the shirt. If I were to wear that tie I'd probably go with a solid white shirt. I'm no fashion expert though so take my comments with a grain of salt!

Comment

Originally posted by P J View Post
                        Navy suit
                        orange/blue tie

too much going on with the shirt and tie? I thought the outfit would look pretty good with a solid orange/camel, but I don't have one.

edit: whoa, sorry the pic is so big

I think it works fine. The shirt tie combo may be a little loud but that jacket brings it back to earth. The patterns are much different in size so I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you are going to a interview or funeral I would say you are fine. Go forth and be dappered.

Comment

the moment you find the perfect blazer and it turns out to be an inch short

http://i.imgur.com/W2h1LmV.png

Comment

Originally posted by P J View Post
                            Navy suit
                            orange/blue tie
                            I say make sure it fits well and wear it with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post

Collar gap.

Feel better now?

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post

What [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] said.
                                I'll add sleeves too short, button stance looks way low, lapels look a little small. You can do better. JCrew/JCF? I can't get over the button stance on them...

Comment

Working...
                                X