Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've cut the vents? It does seem like it could be a hair tight if the lower part by the bottom button is pulling apart so far. But that could also be because your arm is out.

Comment

My arm is pulling it a touch farther than it sits with arms at my side. It isnt beyond repair tight though right? I really love this suit and want to make it work.

Comment

hmm.. I'll try mine on again when I get home. Maybe we can compare shots.

Comment

I think you'd have to ask a good tailor. Depends on if there is fabric there. That can get complicated but would be worth it if the suit fits perfectly. I'm actually more concerned that it may be small in the shoulders by about an inch. Hard to tell with that pic though. You definitely want concave shoulders like that but it's hard to see if the seam is a bit too high. Looks like it in the arm on the left but not the one holding the camera.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Is there something in your right front pocket? towards the outside, also what is that outline in your inner right chest? The bump on the outside of your chest caught my eye right off the bat and then the outline on the inside. That may be adding a bit of tightness

It looks just a touch too tight judging by the outlines mentioned above. You should have on a dress shirt so people can get an idea for sleeve length. If your buttons are functional you should be able to get a tailor to add a 1/2" of length without having to remove the sleeves etc.

One thing I will mention is you can fluctuate a bit in weight depending on salt intake etc, so if you are really retaining water from high salt etc it should loosen a bit so take that into account.

They say you shouldn't fit something based upon what you want to look like, but how you currently look.

Comment

@runners n jeans

Trousers:

Suit makes you look a bit hefty when you are standing with your legs apart. The last one with the legs cross it looks much better though. It may just be the rolled up cuffs adding to that though.

Jacket: 1st pic it looks too big and I'm sure you know sleeves are a bit too long. Kid in dads suit look Length seems pretty good though.

Comment

The slight bunching is just my tshirt bunched up underneath, same with the slight wrinkle on the sleeve. I will take a picture with a dress shirt when my fiance comes over tonight. The shoulders actually fit me perfectly I think. The shoulders are 17 7/8" and that is my exact shoulder measurement. The largest shoulders I can work properly are 18", otherwise I start to look like a linebacker. I think I may stop by my tailor tomorrow to see what he also has to say. Its just frustrating me because its so close, but not quite there yet. He is very very good, so hopefully he can take it that extra step and make it perfect.

Comment

After comparing it to how it drapes on me, I do feel like its a hair too tight on you. But, I could be wrong.

Comment

A little different look for comparison (44L wearing 44R), but Focus, the coat is a bit snug on you. Good thing is, if your tailor can't help, you can try a size up easily.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/536564_648741235422_22100386_33409052_601524146_n. jpg

I still have yet to go to the tailor to get the sleeves lengthened (I'm lazy), but for what it's worth, my lapel also was a bit ruffled from packing, etc. Should be an easy fix with the first dryclean or even an iron/steam.

Jordan -- that's a great drape for you, not sure you'll have to tailor anything there other than shortening the arms a touch to your preference.

Comment

Yeah I was extremely impressed with the fit. I'll just need to shorten the arms enough to show ~.5 inch of cuff and im good.

Comment

Ya I think I am going to go to the tailor to see if he can let it out a touch. I called and the 40r would increase the shoulders to over 18.5" which I cant do. I am usually a 39r which is why OTR is such a pain in the ass for me. I am satisfied enough with the shoulders, if the tailor can let the jacket out a little I think I will be pleased.

Jordan, that jacket looks like it was made for you haha. Awesome.

Comment

@ Jordan, that fits you impressively well. That is OTR? Good lord. I may have just become convinced to buy a suit from Bonobos. Did you order your usual size?

Yours fits damn well too, hornsup.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Focus - I see what you mean about it fitting pretty well in the shoulders, but it's too tight through the body. Usually there's plenty there to let out, so I bet you'll be all right. About 4-6 weeks before your event would be the best time to actually have the alterations, but you could consult with your tailor in advance in case he finds there isn't enough to let out.

Jordan - You are set! Sleeves and done. Bonobos is your game!

Comment

Thanks Nicholas, I am not familiar with letting suits out, since basically every suit OTR fits big and is tailored down. I am glad to hear it is relatively easy, makes me feel better about it haha. I am gonna go see the tailor tomorrow and let him work his magic!

Comment

@Greg - Yes, OTR. The only thing that has fit near as well OTR for me is an Express suit, but this one is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of quality. I ordered 38R and 32/30 which is my typical sizing. I'll probably have the pants tapered and hemmed just a bit, in addition to a little off the sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                                X