Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=10785]thetallone[/MENTION] looks good but as [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] said it is slightly short but nothing terrible. The sleeves should probably be let out a little... I bet their CS could tell you if there is enough material.

Comment

[MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] It looks like the vents may still be stitched and making it bunch up a little bit. I'm not positive but that could contribute to the jacket appearing a tad short. That being said I agree your view on the shoulders and waist.

Comment

Fellas, I'm having an absolute devil of a time trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be looking at long or regular-length suit jackets. I'm 6"2/190ish.

Here's that navy Claiborne suit that Joe recommended in that recent list in 40L. I *think* it's too long?

(Sorry for the crappy picture; I can confirm that it's a wonderful suit, and especially so at ~$120!)

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post
          Fellas, I'm having an absolute devil of a time trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be looking at long or regular-length suit jackets. I'm 6"2/190ish.

Here's that navy Claiborne suit that Joe recommended in that recent list in 40L. I *think* it's too long?

(Sorry for the crappy picture; I can confirm that it's a wonderful suit, and especially so at ~$120!)
          It's impossible to tell with your arms in the air. Can you take a picture where they're down at your side? And a picture of the back?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
            It's impossible to tell with your arms in the air. Can you take a picture where they're down at your side? And a picture of the back?
            Uh, yeah... I'm an idiot; I probably should've realized that.

Here are a couple of additional ones:

I don't have one of the back right now but I'll try to get one tomorrow. sorry again for the terrible quality.

Comment

Originally posted by 850csi View Post
              Uh, yeah... I'm an idiot; I probably should've realized that.

Here are a couple of additional ones:

I don't have one of the back right now but I'll try to get one tomorrow. sorry again for the terrible quality.
              Please wear shoes.

Perfect length, actually. If it's your first suit, keep in mind, it's a suit jacket, it's supposed to be that long. You're used to your casual jackets' length most likely.
              Unless, you don't care about tradition, and you claim yourself a modern, hip person, then yeah, the jacket is too long.

The sleeves, though, need shortening. The pants, too.

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Nope, looking for a streamlined traditional look - I think the suit gets it done and you can't really argue with $120.

Yeah, you're definitely right about the sleeves and pants. I think what's throwing me off about the jacket is that it looks long to me relative to where the pants' center seam ends, so that I'm reminded of a trench coat. Is that not relevant/do I just have weird proportions or long arms?

Comment

I think the jacket length looks ok. I'm not sure if the chest and shoulders are too big. I might try a size down in the chest and compare to this one, if possible.

Comment

Thanks for the observation. Shoulders are dead-on, can't really size down. Chest is big, but that's because basically everything I try on that works in the shoulders needs to be substantially taken in from the chest down to the bottom 1/3rd-ish of the jacket.

Comment

Ordered the Bonobos cotton/linen suit on sale for summer weddings, and was wondering what people think I should tell the tailor or if I should try another size. 36R is usually a little tight on me, so I tried 38R in a slim fit. Perfectly comfortable fir, wondering if/where to take it in.

http://imgur.com/ZnZQsZZ back
                      http://imgur.com/lunPsl6 pants
                      http://imgur.com/ktsc02I unbuttoned
                      http://imgur.com/LyllwWo buttoned

Whops. Looks like I got a 38S instead of R.
                      Last edited by firtree; July 31, 2014, 06:03 PM. Reason: labels, note

Comment

firtree, the shoulders look great, but the jacket is way too short. I would try a 38R. The sleeves are slightly short, but they should come longer on the 38R. I wouldn't do anything else to the jacket after you fix those issues.
                        The pants waist looks a little loose, but thats ok if you are going to wear a belt. I couldn't quite see where the pants break at the bottom.

Comment

[MENTION=12316]firtree[/MENTION] If that's the short then you definitely need the regular. I'm not opposed to shorter jacket lengths, but the jacket length + high button point is starting to border on Thom Browne territory, and it looks like the sleeves may be a hair short too.

In other news, it looks like the cut and chest size fits you very well, lapel size, etc. all looks good. The pants look baggy, but I can't really tell why from the picture.

Comment

In other words, everything [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] said while I was typing. Great minds think alike brah

Comment

Thanks! I meant to order a 38R, the S must have just been a mis-click that I didn't catch while submitting the order. The pants are comfortable and I don't think that would still be true if I lost another inch in the waist. The pants come un-hemmed, so the break is TBD

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                                [MENTION=10785]thetallone[/MENTION], the fit on the shoulders and waist looks great. (nice color on the suit also). the jacket is borderline short (it should cover the butt all the way), and the first button is slightly high (it should be just above the naval), but that's ok if you like that style of fit. I don't know about he sleeves, sometime you can feel for how much extra lining is available at the sleeve.
                                I think you just sold me on the Napoli.

Comment

Working...
                                X