Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just bought the tailored-fit navy cotton blazer from BR featured on the site here http://dappered.com/2014/05/banana-r...rs-suits-more/

    https://imgur.com/a/ojEay#0

    I kept the tags on in case Dappered disapproves of the fit. Otherwise, I'll go get the sleeves shortened.

    Comment


      I have the same one at my tailor as we speak (type) getting the sleeves worked on. The functional buttons will keep me away from BR jackets in the future.

      I am by no means an expert, but it seems a bit short for my taste. I would prefer this 3/4 inch longer, as you can see your back pant pockets (aka your behind). However, since this is a (mostly) casual jacket, you can pull it off a bit shorter.

      Also, it has a funky crease across your shoulders on both sides, mostly visible from the front. Mine does a similar thing, but it fixes itself with movements, so I suspect it has to do with the (poor laundry-type) hanger they used.

      Overall it looks good, provided that the length is ok for you. I really like the fabric on this one.

      Comment


        Agree with [MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION]. Seems a bit short and tight.

        Comment


          Fit of new blazers

          Recently bought these and wonder about their fit. I think they are all a little long, but I actually prefer them this way.
          Unfortunately, my phone hides the buttons, but I think they fit ok in that regard.


          Hickey Freeman Canterbury from ebay.


          H.Freeman from ebay.


          BR tailored fit navy cotton new.
          This is after getting the sleeves shortened by about 2 inches.

          Comment


            Bump

            Comment


              I think all three jackets fit well. They don't look too long to me.

              Just in terms of style, I like the second blazer the best. The lapels look the most proportional out of the three. Good ebay pick.

              Comment


                Originally posted by doomx View Post
                Recently bought these and wonder about their fit. I think they are all a little long, but I actually prefer them this way.
                Unfortunately, my phone hides the buttons, but I think they fit ok in that regard.


                Hickey Freeman Canterbury from ebay.


                H.Freeman from ebay.


                BR tailored fit navy cotton new.
                This is after getting the sleeves shortened by about 2 inches.
                The first one looks like the most perfect fit based on the photos.
                Look at the shoulder lines. The first one, clean smooth lines, no bump.
                Look at the area next to upper lapels. The last two have rumpling.
                Look at the chest area close to armpits. Excess material on the last two.

                Jacket length on all three look fine.

                Comment


                  The fit on all three is good but the shoulders seem a little wide, perhaps. I don't like the lapels on the third.

                  Comment


                    Thanks for the input. The shoulders fit well in all the but better in the first two.

                    I can't see the extra chest fabric, especially on the first two, but I will try them on again and check.

                    [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION] I agree that the lapels on the BR are slim and although I prefer wider, I think they go well with the patch pockets and texture of the fabric.

                    Comment


                      How does this look? I have a date tonight, movie and comedy show afterwards. Is this outfit too day-time? It's NYC and it's hot today.

                      http://oi57.tinypic.com/30kf6vc.jpg

                      Comment


                        paul, looks good.

                        I'm trying to decide if this blazer needs any tailoring. Maybe lengthen the sleeves?

                        Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Classic Navy Blazer 36S. 100% wool. Base price $648.00, but got it for 30% off plus used several rewards cards.







                        I was looking for something with a less structured shoulder, but they did not have any Milano fits in stock. The shoulder lines look a little lumpy too. I realize the shoulder pitch is off, and the upper back is not completely smooth, but those aren't worth fixing.

                        BTW, its still on sale at BB.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by doomx View Post
                          I can't see the extra chest fabric, especially on the first two, but I will try them on again and check.
                          I believe it's called a draped chest. It's ok, as long as the shoulders and back fit. See this:

                          http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/?p=2544

                          Comment


                            [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION], dammit. Stop making me jealous. I wouldn't touch a thing on that blazer, my friend. Looks very good.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                              paul, looks good.

                              I'm trying to decide if this blazer needs any tailoring. Maybe lengthen the sleeves?

                              Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Classic Navy Blazer 36S. 100% wool. Base price $648.00, but got it for 30% off plus used several rewards cards.

                              I was looking for something with a less structured shoulder, but they did not have any Milano fits in stock. The shoulder lines look a little lumpy too. I realize the shoulder pitch is off, and the upper back is not completely smooth, but those aren't worth fixing.

                              BTW, its still on sale at BB.
                              I have this in a 38R, half-lined with nickle buttons. Fits pretty much exactly the way yours does - not totally smooth like my European jackets. Shoulders look identical to mine, they're a bit lumpy but there's not much worth fixing. I think milano gave me the smooth look we're both looking for but the other proportions seemed off. I wouldn't make any adjustments, perfect as is.

                              Comment


                                [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] I think the size is good on you, but there is something funky going on in the upper sleeves. There is a lot of creasing at your arms right below your shoulders. I don't know why this is happening. If this was mine, I would return it, as for such price I would expect the end result after tailoring to be perfect. If this is due to your shirt, or some other factor, then forget this comment.

                                Regarding the length, I think sleeves and torso/back are spot on, so if you decide to keep it, I wouldn't change anything.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X