Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying this again. Seeking feedback on this bonobos alma mater. Assuming it is too short, even if just wearing it more casually as a blazer, not a suit? Sleeves are obviously too long, but wondering what you guys think otherwise.

Comment

Pants look way too low-waisted for anything but very casual wear. I think for a jacket and tie, you need pants that sit higher, closer to your natural waistline, and they also need to be fuller cut. A tie should hit at or slightly past your belt buckle. I don't see how you could do that here without a very long tie.

Originally posted by gilipollas View Post

Comment

I take it this is one of those modern, shorter cut blazers? I don't like the look myself. I think you'd be better off with something a little more traditionally cut.

Originally posted by Chcougar View Post
        Trying this again. Seeking feedback on this bonobos alma mater. Assuming it is too short, even if just wearing it more casually as a blazer, not a suit? Sleeves are obviously too long, but wondering what you guys think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          I take it this is one of those modern, shorter cut blazers? I don't like the look myself. I think you'd be better off with something a little more traditionally cut.
          Yeah I think the bonobos blazers have shorter cuts. I ordered a short because the sleeves would be way too long otherwise (still too long unfortunately). I think this is a couple of years old so I'm sure their newer ones have better overall fit but I got this for $208. Originally was priced at $450. Not sure if it is worth keeping or not. That's why I'm seeing what you guys think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chcougar View Post

Looks like a girl's blazer. "Nay" from me.

Comment

Yeah, my advice is to return it and, as I say, get something a bit more on the side of a traditional fit.

Comment

Minus the undershirt again how does this fit? Yesterday's was a John W Nordstrom Regular Fit and today's is a Ralph Lauren Custom Fit. Thanks for the help as I am new to wearing dress shirts.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=12116]clyne[/MENTION] shoulders look good, sleeves maybe a little long. Waist still looks blousy though, particularly in the second and third pictures.
                  [MENTION=11936]Chcougar[/MENTION] I'm with Duvel and 3piece in thinking it's too small/effeminate.

Comment

Originally posted by TarheelDan View Post
                    [MENTION=12116]clyne[/MENTION] shoulders look good, sleeves maybe a little long. Waist still looks blousy though, particularly in the second and third pictures.
                    [MENTION=11936]Chcougar[/MENTION] I'm with Duvel and 3piece in thinking it's too small/effeminate.
                    TarheelDan. Thank you for the input. Looks like I will look at a trim for. Thanks again.
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=12116]clyne[/MENTION] trim fit seems worth a shot. Another option is getting a tailor to dart the shirt (taking in the bottom half but not so much the top), if moving to a trim fit causes fit difficulty in the upper torso. Before taking a shirt to a tailor though, I'd make sure I'm really happy with sleeves, shoulders, collar etc.

Comment

[MENTION=12116]clyne[/MENTION], I think it looks right on target. I wouldn't size differently or tailor.

The advice about tailoring points to something I've noticed lately, that I think is really wrong with men's fashion today. There is too much emphasis on a slim cut at all costs. If you made that slimmer, it would look uncomfortable and it would lose its intentional classic look.

I honestly don't see one dimension in that shirt that looks wrong. While I might agree that the sleeves look slightly long, I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by clyne View Post
                          TarheelDan. Thank you for the input. Looks like I will look at a trim for. Thanks again.
                          This last one looks good. Shortening the sleeves will significantly improve it.
                          Always try one size smaller.
                          Make sure the fit of the pants and the shirt are similar. Both have to be either roomy or close-fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                            [MENTION=12116]clyne[/MENTION], I think it looks right on target. I wouldn't size differently or tailor.

The advice about tailoring points to something I've noticed lately, that I think is really wrong with men's fashion today. There is too much emphasis on a slim cut at all costs. If you made that slimmer, it would look uncomfortable and it would lose its intentional classic look.

I honestly don't see one dimension in that shirt that looks wrong. While I might agree that the sleeves look slightly long, I don't think it's a deal breaker.
                            Thank you for your input. That makes sense and I appreciate it.
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

I know lots of people question the blazer jeans look, but I like it. At any rate, I am primarily concerned about the sleeves. They seem a bit long, but I am not sure whether they are long enough to warrant the $20 alteration atop the cost of the jacket itself. Also, I tend to like something that covers 3/4 of the butt. This is a bit on the long end, but I figure that the cut is good enough that the length isn't a big deal. Thoughts

https://imgur.com/a/kTenF

Edit: Looking at the front on picture, it seems that the only reason the sleeves appeared acceptable was that they scrunched up a bit. This didn't happen in the side pic, so they look long. As such, I expect that they will need to be shortened by a 0.5-1 inch...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will return it and continue my search for a navy blazer.

Comment

Working...
                                X