Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I was just wondering if there was a visual cue. I know the "X" for the chest being too tight.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I tried it on again tonight and the lapels are definitely bunching up. When I put on a dress shirt it feels a too tight everywhere. I'll probably keep it around for a week and then make a final decision but I think I gotta size up.

Comment

Hey guys, new member looking get up my style. Thoughts on these pants? Too short? I am considering going up one size in terms of length and wanted some opinions. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/3b0EMll

http://pmestrad.imgur.com/all/

Comment

How are we supposed to tell from just looking at the back? And what pants are those?

But yes, thinking are a good couple of inches too short. You could do that length, though, if they were more tapered.

Comment

Thanks for the input! I agree, I will size up.

Comment

Oh and they are the Emerson Chino from BR.

Comment

I picked up the JCF oxford cotton during the Gilt sale. Let me know what you think. It's a 42L and I think 42R may work better.......but you guys are the pros! Thanks in advance!
                I haven't cut the vents incase of a return
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

No love.......^

Comment

I was giving the pros a chance to reply. But I think tail length is good and so is button placement. Sleeves are too short but thats easier tailoring. More importantly it looks like shoulders are too wide. Hard to tell, how does the wall test fare?

Comment

Looks good. Shorten the sleeves (think that is what [MENTION=11889]TarheelDan[/MENTION] meant) suppress the waist a little and hem the pants and you got a winner I think. The shoulders 'fit' IMO. The divots are going to happen with some brands on everyone. If that doesn't bother you then awesome. Didn't bother me:

That's the same jacket in a 40L. Looking at the two pics you could try sizing down but it looks fine.

Comment

Lol yes sleeves need shortening was the intended statement

Comment

About a size big, both jacket and pants, I'm guessing.

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                          I picked up the JCF oxford cotton during the Gilt sale. Let me know what you think. It's a 42L and I think 42R may work better.......but you guys are the pros! Thanks in advance!
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the feedback. I'm gonna try and get a 40R for the jacket to compare. From there I'll know which is better to work with. I was forced to get a 42L at the time and there is nothing in stock at the moment.

Comment

Ah, [MENTION=5398]Tommy[/MENTION], [MENTION=5398]Tommy[/MENTION], never never let yourself be "forced into" anything when it comes to clothes. Only get 1) what fits and 2) what you really like.

Comment

Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
                                Oh and they are the Emerson Chino from BR.
                                Yep, too short.

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                [IMG][/IMG]
                                I would size down and try a 40R, see how that fits. Sleeve are long, as well as your shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                                X