Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much what has been mentioned in the previous two posts. Those shoulder divots are quite pronounced. Definitely something you want to avoid.

The sleeve pitch also appears to be off on that jacket which is probably why you see all the wrinkling on the upper arm.

http://www.bespokenn.com/post/726242...g-sleeve-pitch

Comment

@runners n jeans, re:BarIII suit

I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but I was just at Macy's today and saw quite a few of the Bar III suits for $99. I know for a fact they had a 36S because I, a 36L, tried in on for giggles (and did the big-man-in-little-suit pose in the mirror). In fact, they had several in that size. They were mostly in black, navy and a charcoal grey.

They did have the lighter grey you were wearing but it wasn't on clearance (though I believe it was 30% off which probably puts it around what you paid for yours).

I know Macy's will allow you to order in one store from another store but I don't know if they honor the pricing across stores.

If you're interested it was the Macy's in Regency Square Mall, Richmond VA and the number is 804-740-6700.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I'm a first time poster and I've been so happy with the vibe of this forum I felt like I needed everyone's advice. This is my first work suit (I had another for "special occasions" but never had it tailored so rarely wore it - plus my partner washed/shrunk the pants!). Tell me what's wrong with it:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8830/fit1k.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7185/imag0417f.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9269/imag0416q.jpg

(As with most people on these forums - apologies for the picture quality!!)

Comment

@name

First picture makes it look like there's something off with the arms, lots of waves etc in them, probably a bit too wide at shoulders, although 2nd pic your shoulders slope down on the right so hard to tell.

The last two pictures, you can see a bit of extra fabric around your waist(belly)

2nd picture jacket looks a tad too long imo and again arms look..off

You look slim so I'd have it taken in eg.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-muw7n-XcPaQ/ThxkjrOfGeI/AAAAAAAAA4A/2mQL1SNpfxQ/s1600/BoliviaSuit.png

When you have the top button done up it should hug you. But again that's the style I think looks good. If you want a more appropriate suit for the old boys club they may not like such a fit.

Comment

The fit is close, just a bit big overall. The shoulders look a bit wide and the chest looks a little on the large side. Also the jacket looks a bit long but not ridiculously so. I'd try one size down if possible to see how it fits. With your build, it would take a lot of tailoring to slim down the suit.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Alright I've obviously gone about face with this and should have come on here first. I spent a good hour in the store and the consensus of the salesman was that the next size down was too small on the shoulders. One thing I've learned is that the tailor I went too needs to be shot! What you see above is actually tailored in at the sides (at my request - the tailor didn't think there was anything that needed doing).

The course I need this for starts tomorrow so I'm going to have to bear it until I find a second suit. Should I get this tailored again or cut my losses and put it on Ebay looking to make some money back?

Comment

I would ebay it if it is a brand that will sell, but if you need it for awhile here is what I would say it needs in order of importance:

shorten sleeves a bit (cheap)

hem pants (cheap)

taper waist a bit more

slim pants

slim sleeves

Comment

namenotspecified, what you're wearing looks like a sack suit, in which case it's actually supposed to drape that way. I don't think that the style works on you since you're so thin, but there's not much you can do about it. Greg's suggestions should be followed, but it will never have a tailored, slim profile: that's just not the style of the suit.

Comment

^^ word.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to have to wear it for the next 4 weeks of this course unfortunately but in the mean time I'll try and find a proper tailor to fix it up so it's wearable as a second suit (the pants are actually hemmed!). Then I'll find myself a slim fitting suit.

The suit's a $400 Flair Industries suit (I don't think they sell them in the US) that was intended to fit like these:

http://www.flairindustries.com/asset...11_02_zoom.jpg

http://www.flairindustries.com/asset...11_04_zoom.jpg

It pure wool but after a quick search it looks like it's not going to be worth selling. I didn't pay retail thankfully.

Comment

Oh my, ya that's nothing like the pictures, see how the top button done up pretty much exposes the bottom of the tie/belt when it's done up. The 1st pic with your hand in your pocket still makes me think length a bit too long with how much fabric is moved.

Comment

@AnonymousJay: Thanks for the tip. But after taking taking pictures of the dark navy solid Bar III suit, I'll be returning the Bar IIIs and looking for something else.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the grey Bar III suit that I posted. I'm just posting these here for reference. Nothing new to add that wasn't said about the grey one.

Comment

Hey guys, so I got the Charleston Navy Seersucker suit in from Bonobos, and it fits like a friggin glove. Only thing is, I notice a tiny bit of pulling in the midsection. This is the OTR fit, should I bother getting that tailored, or should I continue on my wedding workout routine, and hope that little bit of extra weight loss fixes it?

Any other thoughts about the fit? I quite like it. It is very form fitting, but I want it to be a bit of a trendy fun suit. Also, I need to get the lapel pressed, as one of them isnt sitting right likely from the shipping process.

Dont mind the T-shirt, I am just clearing out my place today getting ready for the lady to move in. Didnt feel like putting a shirt on

Oh, sorry for the dirty mirror also haha, going to clean that now :P

Comment

A bit hard to tell. If the lady is movin in could you get her to take a couple photos of your whole body with good lighting? Dress shirt helps too. It looks borderline small so I'd have to see it full body with arms at your side.

Comment

I will try to get those later. The side profile while looking in the mirror looked fine to me, the vents werent flaring, the only point that felt a bit too tight was the midsection. Is it easy for a tailor to let out the suit a tad in the midsection? I have never had to get anything let out before, it was always taken in.

Comment

Working...
                                X