X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prtwmf View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble deciding if the 38R or the 40R fit me for the BR Tailored Fit Cotton Sateen Blazer. I'm not sure if the 38R is either too small or too

It'd be great if you guys can provide some feedback.
    [MENTION=11966]prtwmf[/MENTION], I think the 38 is the better fit. It's a cotton blazer with full lining I take it based on the look of the front quarters. The fit is slightly better than the 40. It's cotton; it will not drape perfectly; it's meant to be relaxed kinda. The wrinkly effect is not going to go away. I think it looks great. You have bigger posterior which is why the vent on the 38 is a little more wider than the 40. But nothing to crazy. I have a big butt to from all the squats and running; but I embrace it lmao. Keep the 40. No need for more pictures.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
      [MENTION=11966]prtwmf[/MENTION], I think the 38 is the better fit. It's a cotton blazer with full lining I take it based on the look of the front quarters. The fit is slightly better than the 40. It's cotton; it will not drape perfectly; it's meant to be relaxed kinda. The wrinkly effect is not going to go away. I think it looks great. You have bigger posterior which is why the vent on the 38 is a little more wider than the 40. But nothing to crazy. I have a big butt to from all the squats and running; but I embrace it lmao. Keep the 40. No need for more pictures.
      [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION], did you mean keep the 38 at the end? And yeah, I blame squats and deadlifts for the wider vent. Anyway, the other concern I had with the blazer was the armholes. They're a bit big, but I'm not used to wearing blazers so I'm not sure if the armholes are acceptable or just a dealbreaker. I've included some pictures of the 38R (last ones, I promise):

In the second picture, the shoulders will rise more if I keep on raising my arms.

Sorry for all the questions, just kind of new to wearing sport coats.
      Last edited by prtwmf; April 25, 2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

That's a first, for me at least. Are you kidding you're worried those boots make your feet look small? Well, either way, they are great looking boots. Even on your club feet.

Comment

Help me settle an argument. These are the pants of my new JCF suit. I say they're too long, my wife says "they're fine."

On the one hand, they're my pants & I have to be happy wearing them. On the other hand, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has spoken, and she usually has pretty good taste (she did choose to marry me, after all). I also need her to be happy being seen in public with me.

So who's right? Too long? Just right? Long but wearable as is?

Thanks.

Comment

some like a full break. I am more of a 1/4 break guy. I would personally get them pinned at a tailor and see what you like.

Comment

I agree with you they're too long. A full break is one thing, but you can tell by the way the pants are stacking or buckling in multiple spots (in the rear above the ankle; in the front below the knees) that they are just too long by almost any classical standard. The front of the pant leg will buckle over the top of the foot for a full break or a half break, but the back of the pant leg should have a smooth line with little or no buckling. To me, it looks like you could lose a full inch or more off the length and still have a full break.

Your wife probably thinks they are fine simply because too-long pants are extremely common and therefore, to many eyes, appear normal.
              Ben

Comment

I was planning to lose about an inch--not too much. So you're echoing my thoughts pretty closely.

Comment

To play it safe, I say wear them out with She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed once or twice and then go get them hemmed. There's a chance she won't even notice.

Comment

Originally posted by prtwmf View Post
                    [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION], did you mean keep the 38 at the end? And yeah, I blame squats and deadlifts for the wider vent. Anyway, the other concern I had with the blazer was the armholes. They're a bit big, but I'm not used to wearing blazers so I'm not sure if the armholes are acceptable or just a dealbreaker. I've included some pictures of the 38R (last ones, I promise):

In the second picture, the shoulders will rise more if I keep on raising my arms.

Sorry for all the questions, just kind of new to wearing sport coats.
                    Yea, I meant keep the 38. The arm hole is a lil low but that IMO is a bit more manageable if the blazer has nice shoulders and this is ok , I would narrow the arms and suppress the waist. The low holes aren't a deal breaker.
                    I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      The front of the pant leg will buckle over the top of the foot for a full break or a half break, but the back of the pant leg should have a smooth line with little or no buckling. To me, it looks like you could lose a full inch or more off the length and still have a full break.
                      Exactly - the back of the pant should not have a break, even for a "full break". Those are pooling on top of your shoes, an inch off looks about right (at least).

Comment

I just got a Banana Republic Tailored Fit Wool/Linen Blend Blazer in 36R on the Swap and Shop forum. #2 from this post http://dappered.com/2013/05/the-blue-blazer-hierarchy/
                        I have other BR items in a 36R classic fit with no issues, however this jacket seems a little tight in the tailored fit. Is this something a taylor can save or should I look for something in a 38R if I go tailored fit?

http://imgur.com/Q1D0v8L

http://imgur.com/cnLzmeO

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bcohen5055 View Post
                          I just got a Banana Republic Tailored Fit Wool/Linen Blend Blazer in 36R on the Swap and Shop forum. #2 from this post http://dappered.com/2013/05/the-blue-blazer-hierarchy/
                          I have other BR items in a 36R classic fit with no issues, however this jacket seems a little tight in the tailored fit. Is this something a taylor can save or should I look for something in a 38R if I go tailored fit?

-Ben
                          Looks really good IMO. Stay with it. The arms seem a bit wide ; might be the way your arm is positioned. Personally, I'd narrow the arms and shorten them just a lil bit.
                          I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by Bcohen5055 View Post

-Ben
                            Something's just not quite right about the way that fits you. The sleeves are clearly too long. It looks like the chest might be too small, since it looks like it's bunching up and out at the lapels. Also, the button stance looks too high, though the length of the jacket is fine.

Comment

Potentially dumb question (and not one I felt deserved its own thread). We all know what it looks like when a suit's shoulders are too large -- rumpling shoulder line, divots. What're the giveaways for a suit with shoulders that are too small?

Comment

Originally posted by Chacha View Post
                                Potentially dumb question (and not one I felt deserved its own thread). We all know what it looks like when a suit's shoulders are too large -- rumpling shoulder line, divots. What're the giveaways for a suit with shoulders that are too small?
                                You can't reach across your body without feeling like you're going to bust a seam... Do the "hug test" or just try to bend down and tie your shoes - if you feel like you're fighting your jacket (or tearing a seam) its too small!

Comment

Working...
                                X