X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fellas.

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
    Which front pose is a natural position?
    They are both natural, as they are the same position. It just depends on how the fabric decides to come to rest at any given point.

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
    Only as a matter of personal taste, I would suppress the waste ever so slightly to accentuate the quarters.
    Agreed. Thanks!

Comment

I just got a new OCBD, I think it might be a little too big around my waist but it fits good in the arms/shoulders. What do you think?

[/URL]

[/URL]

Also I noticed that it has dark blue thread on the bottom button and buttonhole. Does it look tacky to wear a shirt like this untucked? (so the bottom button is showing)

Also wearing: Dark Levis 505, LLBean suede Chukkas

Comment

It doesn't look tacky. It just doesn't look like much. I think it would look best tucked into chinos, or you could wear it tucked into jeans if you wore a sweater over it.

And it is a little hard to tell if it's too big around the middle when it's untucked.

Comment

jamesm,

I'd definitely need to see it tucked in to gauge size around the middle.

On a related note, unless you're at a super casual event, i.e. you're manning the grill and having a few friends over or maybe at the lake or something, I don't understand the desire to leave a button down shirt untucked. It almost never looks as good. The only reason I bring that up is I'm not sure I'd be too picky about fit if you don't plan to tuck it in anyway. If you plan to go untucked all the time, it looks about as good as it's going to in my opinion.

Comment

I scored.

http://i.imgur.com/RJDxNkg.jpg?1

Comment

Originally posted by notsofresh View Post
              I scored.
              I like the fanny pack
              Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

Comment

Originally posted by jwwilker View Post
                I like the fanny pack
                I haven't seen a fanny pack, at least not being worn, in years. Like, decades, even.

Comment

Originally posted by chief113 View Post
                  Yes they do. I've checked Yelp in my area, and only two tailors even come up.
                  I find it hard to believe there are only two tailors in your area if you're actually in Philly (or even a burb). You may need to increase your search radius, if only two came up.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    I find it hard to believe there are only two tailors in your area if you're actually in Philly (or even a burb). You may need to increase your search radius, if only two came up.
                    Found a great tailor. Thanks.

Comment

Hey all,

Back with a J-Crew Factory 40L jacket I bought last week. Haven't gotten the sleeves hemmed yet or opened the vent in the back. I'm 6'4", 190lbs, I wear a 16.5/36 and 34/34 pants.

Realized I should have probably tried to get these pics using a timer on my phone, but let me know what you think so far:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11358...CKiejefi5NiRFA

Thanks,
                      Eric

Comment

I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I've worn a spot coat in the last 15 years, but I'm trying to... get there. I'm trying to get comfortable with how they should feel and fit, so this is my first "How Does This Fit?" post.

Thrifted this Hickey Freeman jacket that I posted about in the "Thrifting" thread.

Feels maybe a little short all around, but there seems to be enough fabric in the sleeves to let them down a bit. Damn, I look WIDE in that front shot. But, that's more my fault than the jacket's. =(

Thoughts? Trying to decide between keeping it for myself or reselling to put towards something else.

Comment

[MENTION=8482]JayS[/MENTION] for a jacket you will wear every 7.5 years I think its great. It is a touch short (sleeves and tail) and the buttons are a little higher than I would prefer, but that's just me. The shoulders look good.

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post
                            I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I've worn a spot coat in the last 15 years, but I'm trying to... get there. I'm trying to get comfortable with how they should feel and fit, so this is my first "How Does This Fit?" post.

Thrifted this Hickey Freeman jacket that I posted about in the "Thrifting" thread.

Feels maybe a little short all around, but there seems to be enough fabric in the sleeves to let them down a bit. Damn, I look WIDE in that front shot. But, that's more my fault than the jacket's. =(

Thoughts? Trying to decide between keeping it for myself or reselling to put towards something else.
                            Post full-body photos next time--front, side, and back.

My concern with that jacket is not the sleeves. The length of jacket seems too shorts. But I don't know, perhaps your legs are short, too, that it may be proportional.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              [MENTION=8482]JayS[/MENTION] for a jacket you will wear every 7.5 years I think its great. It is a touch short (sleeves and tail) and the buttons are a little higher than I would prefer, but that's just me. The shoulders look good.
                              Once every 7.5 years in my track record. I'm trying to push it up to once or twice a month. But, to do that I need to feel comfortable with what I'm wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                                Post full-body photos next time--front, side, and back.

My concern with that jacket is not the sleeves. The length of jacket seems too shorts. But I don't know, perhaps your legs are short, too, that it may be proportional.
                                I'll try to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X