This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION],

Thanks for the response. I had actually considered that the charcoal's color would change my perception of the rumpling, but I believe even taking this into account it is less rumpled on the sleeve cap than the Navy.

Regardless, I believe I'm going to stop worrying about it and roll with it as-is. Probably wear it in to my tailor in town when I bring in some shirts later this week and get his overall impression, but I think I'll keep this one, wear it, then maybe think about MTM down the line.

Thanks again,
    Eric

Comment

Hey y'all. New member, but I've been lurking for a long time. I just bought a couple of Ludlows, and I'm wondering what you guys think of the fit. I know the sleeves need to be shortened.
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...83142595_o.jpg
      https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...75130265_o.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=11805]Chacha[/MENTION], The jacket is a bit too long for you. Are you under 5'8"? If so, you may want to try the same jacket in a short length. The sleeves are also too long. Everything else looks excellent. You look good in that suit.

Unrelated to the suit, but I like the shirt, tie, and hair.

Comment

[MENTION=9567]sippyCUP[/MENTION], You're going to get that puckering when you raise your arms because the Napoli has shaped/padded shoulders. The rest looks good. I'm amazed that the fit is so good pre-tailoring. I think you'll have a winner on your hands once that's been tailored.

Comment

[MENTION=11805]Chacha[/MENTION] : I'm no expert (as we'll see below), but I think your Ludlows look great. They may be a tad long (can't tell from the front) for my taste, but I'm picking nits.

I actually came here to ask a question. I tried on two blazers, both of which I think are not quite right. Here's a link to the phots: http://imgur.com/a/fl6pG . Both are essentially the same (the lighter brown one may be slightly better in the chest, while the darker brown one may fit in the shoulders a bit better). My main concern is the puckering in the shoulders in both. That being said, I don't know if I'm over analyzing things. Also, I'm running out of sizes. I'm already at a 36 and having a helluva time trying to find better fits without getting something that is comically short or tight in the arms.

Comment

Yeah, I was specifically worried about the length and my fairly mismatched shoulders (completely smashed my clavicle years ago). My local J Crew didn't have anything in a 36s, and I was having a hard time deciding whether to order short or regular when that 40% off clearance sale happened. Short might be smarter going forward.

I'm a bit over 5'9, actually, which is why I figured a regular might work. It's not glaring, is it?

And thanks for the compliments! The shirt and tie are from JCF. I'm lucky enough to live near one, and I managed to pick up 7 shirts for 40 bucks. Gotta love that.

Comment

[MENTION=11805]Chacha[/MENTION], The jacket looks good at that length. It's longer than the current fashion dictates, but I like it. It looks masculine. The shoulders also look good. I think that you could get away with shortening the sleeves and hemming the trousers as your only alterations.

Comment

Any advice / opinions on these?

First is the BR cotton blazer that was written about earlier this week:

I also bought a JCF Thompson suit. The pants will likely need to be hemmed, but I can actually do that myself. How's the jacket look?

And a thrifted blazer:

Comment

Allright so I finally got around to exchanging this blazer that I posted a while ago which was too big, they didnt have a 36R so I opted for the 36S let me know what you guys think, I can upload a pic from the back later if that is more helpful. My measurements are 5'8 145

Original 38R (ill fitting)

http://imgur.com/a/yLbhZ#1bC1mHy

36S

http://imgur.com/1oeSIdM,fWakXKQ#0
                    http://imgur.com/1oeSIdM,fWakXKQ#1

Comment

[MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION], The only negative comment that I have is that it's short. The shoulders, chest, and arms look fantastic on you.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                        [MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION], The only negative comment that I have is that it's short. The shoulders, chest, and arms look fantastic on you.
                        Too short ? You think I should try the 36R if im able to find it, I think the sleeve length is perfect

Comment

[MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION], The jacket length comes down to preference. If you like the length, stick with your gut. The arms on jackets usually come long so that you can have them shortened to the perfect length. A jacket's arm length is not a good indicator of fit.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            [MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION], The jacket length comes down to preference. If you like the length, stick with your gut. The arms on jackets usually come long so that you can have them shortened to the perfect length. A jacket's arm length is not a good indicator of fit.
                            I'll try to post a pic from the back view so you can get a better idea it covers midway past my butt

Comment

[MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION]. Much better. It is on the short side but I'd keep it. Personally I prefer to wear jackets that are on the shorter side (top thumb knuckle).

Comment

Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                                [MENTION=11410]xKMAN83x[/MENTION]. Much better. It is on the short side but I'd keep it. Personally I prefer to wear jackets that are on the shorter side (top thumb knuckle).
                                My navy tailored fit blazer from BR is 36R, so I'm not sure if I should stick with the 36S or try and track down a 36R, but like bruschetta said I think the chest, shoulders are arms are spot on with the 36S, thoughts on the sleeve length ?

Comment

Working...
                                X